Author Topic: "The Person Below Me" Game  (Read 1047638 times)

moremojo

Re: "The Person Below Me" Game
« Reply #2080 on: September 15, 2006, 05:15:40 pm »
You bet I'm a teetotaller! Never been a fan of alcohol--don't find its taste pleasant, and have gotten sick from it. Getting sick from red wine when you're twelve (imbibing it because you think it's "cool") is enough to turn you off from the stuff for a lifetime. I have been buzzed once, and was glad to have the experience, but also found it scary, because I truly thought nothing of the feelings of those around me. I have seen something of the power of alcohol to destroy people's lives. Dangerous stuff, that still gets trivialized in our culture.

Okay...off my soapbox. The person below me has climbed their country's highest mountain.

Edit:A correction of a minor typo. Those things drive me batty if I leave them unmodified.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 05:17:54 pm by moremojo »

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #2081 on: September 15, 2006, 09:18:51 pm »
You bet I'm a teetotaller! Never been a fan of alcohol--don't find its taste pleasant, and have gotten sick from it.

Yeah, same as me...dont like the taste and when I did, it made me sick.......

as far as our highest mountain....well compared to some it would probably amount to a "hill"...but our highest mountain is Mt.Kosiusko......one of the only areas in australia where it snows in the winter.....but I havent climbed it.....

the person below me is a perfectionist, and crosses every "T" and dots every "I"...
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2082 on: September 16, 2006, 07:57:16 am »
Absolutely true.  Many of my posts are edited because I notice typos in them when I read them later, and like Scott, I can't stand the thought of them.

The person below me had an excellent night's sleep last night (in my case, it was the first in a very long time).

No more beans!

Offline Katie77

« Reply #2083 on: September 16, 2006, 09:03:13 am »
Yes, I sleep like a baby......and I'm just about to go to bed now, seeing as us aussies sleep when you all are awake.......

the person below me finds that cabbage gives you wind...............

(I am on a diet, and have to have three cups of vegies every night, but, I've got to give that cabbage away)

Offline a_r2006

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2084 on: September 17, 2006, 11:09:53 am »
...er...true !

Not only cabbage , but brussel sprouts , peas (!)  too  ! As if nyone did not know that !

The person below me loves the fresh smell of the earth after it has rained.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2085 on: September 17, 2006, 01:19:29 pm »
So true.  And I love that metallic smell right before it starts, too.  We're in our rainy season down here in South Florida, so I'm enjoying those aromas a lot lately.  I also love the way the trees look right after a heavy rain - how the water darkens the trunks and makes them stand out that much more against the battleship grey sky.

The person below me loves thunder storms.
No more beans!

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #2086 on: September 17, 2006, 04:05:51 pm »
True! I love lightening also.

The person below me has had an interesting experience recently.

Offline Katie77

« Reply #2087 on: September 17, 2006, 04:49:52 pm »
Interesting?....well, we got a new puppy a couple of weeks ago, and the last two weeks have been an absolute joy, watching him, and seeing his habits form...it has been a great delight.....

the person below me has many pets and animals in their life

moremojo

« Reply #2088 on: September 18, 2006, 11:32:11 am »
Quite true! My sister and I (we live together, by the way, and are actually very good friends) have three adorable, if sometimes pesky cats (Zoot, Smooch, and Chelsea, all spayed females--never been mothers), and we sometimes feed an apparently abandoned gray male cat (not neutered) who shows up in our backyard occasionally. We also have a colony of raccoons in our walls (that is really crazy and annoying, and I don't what we are going to have to do to solve that problem), and occasional visits from scrounging opossums in our backyard at night. So we have quite the menagerie at our menage!

The person below me prefers oranges over apples.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2089 on: September 18, 2006, 02:57:37 pm »
True. I don't like apples at all unless they're in a cake or pie  :)

The person below me can do the Vulcan salute: