Author Topic: Where do you all live…show us a picture….  (Read 41698 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Where do you all live…show us a picture….
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2007, 06:38:29 pm »
Well, as my buddy and I drive down our small town street...

at the end of our street is a cotton field!! To the left of the cotton field is a grocery store and to the right is a hardware store.

There are also cotton fields at the other end of our street and on both sides. When I say "rural" --- I mean "rural". Now...I used to live in the country---more fields, no stores.

;D

OMG!!! I love that first photo!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2007, 07:03:35 pm »
 :laugh: Thanks, Kelda!! She is a Yorkie, but she hangs her head out of the car window like a hound dog. She goes wherever I go here in town --and gets miffed if she occasionally has to stay at home. She knows the difference whether I'm going to work or just running errands. It's strange.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline huntinbuddy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2007, 12:06:42 am »
Here is where I wished I lived!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2007, 09:50:44 am »
I grew-up in Narrabeen, a picturesque seaside suburb approximately 30min drive north of Sydney, in Australia. Here's a photo of Narrabeen Lake. The Pacific Ocean can be seen to right of picture (may be necessary to scroll over).

I now live very close to the centre of the city. Sydney Harbour is just a walk away, at the end of my street:

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 08:48:40 am by Kerry »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2007, 09:58:19 am »
So beautiful, Kerry! I can't imagine living in such a huge --and I'm sure--bustling--city. Always something to do and see. Do you still visit Narrabeen? That looks like a great place to have been raised. Did you enjoy ocean activities?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2007, 10:02:18 am »
wow! right beside sydney harbour - must be a fab place to live - but I bet you wish you could remove the tourists sometimes!

I also plan to be a tourist there some day!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
    • Google Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2007, 08:42:20 am »
So beautiful, Kerry! I can't imagine living in such a huge --and I'm sure--bustling--city. Always something to do and see. Do you still visit Narrabeen? That looks like a great place to have been raised. Did you enjoy ocean activities?

I still have "connections" with Narrabeen and visit regularly, Shasta. It was a wonderful place to grow up. Just below where the photo was taken, on the near side of Narrabeen Lake, in the photo I posted, you can actually see my street. Just a glimpse of it, between the trees, near the edge of the lake. That street runs along the southern edge of the lake in an east-to-west direction, ending in the Pacific Ocean at the eastern end. Our house was at the eastern end of the street, near the ocean. I vividly remember falling asleep each night to the sound of the waves breaking on nearby South Narrabeen beach. My bedroom was in a closed-in verandah. There was lots to do for a child growing up at Narrabeen. I spent a lot of my time at the beach, where my three older brothers were all lifesavers, undertaking voluntary patrolling duties in the summer. And when I wasn't at the beach, you would have probably found me playing somewhere near the lake. One could (still can) hire canoes and small boats and go rowing on the lake. Several streams empty into the lake, and I also did a lot of hiking in the foothills around the lake, following the course of those streams. All of these activities were usually accompanied by my beautiful German Shepherd dog, Toots. We called her Toots because she had such huge feet when she was a baby, and you call baby's  feet "tootsies" - no connection with the movie "Toots," which came decades later. Might have been an omen, though!  Quizzically, the name of our cat was Priscilla! Also, decades before the movie "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert." I kid you not!  ;)   :D
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 09:04:50 am by Kerry »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
    • Google Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2007, 08:55:41 am »
wow! right beside sydney harbour - must be a fab place to live - but I bet you wish you could remove the tourists sometimes!

I also plan to be a tourist there some day!

Sydney Harbour is huge, Kelda, and I live near a quiet little bay, hidden from the major tourist traps. The harbour is literally at the end of my street, only a walk away, and I can get to the Opera House in under 5 minutes across town, if the lights are green.  :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 09:16:48 am by Kerry »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2007, 04:45:12 pm »
I live in Florida near the Gulf of Mexico.. The skies are beautiful as the sun sets.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2007, 06:46:54 pm »
I vividly remember falling asleep each night to the sound of the waves breaking on nearby South Narrabeen beach. My bedroom was in a closed-in verandah. There was lots to do for a child growing up at Narrabeen. I spent a lot of my time at the beach......

Sounds like a sweet life, Kerry!!  Ahhhh....falling asleep to the sounds of the ocean must have been heavenly!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~