Author Topic: Which are your favourite scenes in the movie?  (Read 3635 times)

pinku

Which are your favourite scenes in the movie?
« on: May 22, 2006, 10:55:05 am »
My favourites are..

1) First scene when Jack checks out Ennis - Lovely, mmmmmmm
2) The Love making scene in the tent
3) When both fight and draw blood : God that was sexy...
4) Their meeting after 4 years and that erotic kissing scene (loved the description in the book too)
5) Their Argument near the Lake
6) Anne's telephonic conversation scene with Ledger, especially when tears lurk in her eyes but don't fall. Beautifully enacted, I couldn't beleive that she was the same silly girl from "Princess Diaries"!
6)When  Ennis finds and smells the two shirts....
7) Last scene when he says "Jack I, Swear" I can watch this scene million times. The way he folds his daughter's sweater and caresses the two shirts! And the music suddenly becomes trifle loud. What an impact!

I just loved the way Ledger cries!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 10:57:07 am by pinku »

Offline wolf

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Which are your favourite scenes in the movie?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 10:02:41 pm »
opening scene - all that intensity and stillness on Jack's part.
tent scenes - goes without saying
last day on mountain fight - sexy, and spoke to unutterable heartache and confusion
saying goodbye back at Aguirre's trailer - pain, pain, pain
reunion - goes without saying
it could be like this, just like this, always - beautiful beautiful scene
final scene together at lake - heartbreaking but totally consuming
Ennis at Twist house - perfect cold, stillness and grief

w

Offline aileen

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 04:42:16 am »
Every single scene was a masterpiece... Joyful, sad, sexy...If I have to choose my favourite I choose:
In the movie: reunion scene, especially that moment when they stop kissing and Ennis brush Jack's forehead by his own... I could watch it again and again :)
In the book: the flashback - beautiful written :) I wanted it last forever.

Offline Jane

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Together forever.xx
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 02:00:30 pm »
The scene where Ennis is having a wash and you just KNOW Jack is taking a very, allbeit subtle peek.
The renunion.
The motel.
The scene after the storm where they are trying to sort out their own sheep from the others  and Jack drags that poor sheep along the ground by it,s back legs.  It looks really pissed off, cracks me up every time.
The scene after the reunion where they go back to the mountain and jump off the mountain for a swim. That water must have been freezing!! :o
Jack playing his harmonica after they round up all the sheep and Ennis tells him he,ll run the sheep off again if he doesnt quiet down and then smiles at him. sigh.
The scene where Ennis shoots the elk and Jack playfully pushes him over.
The happy soppy look on Jacks face when Ennis turns up for another of thier renuions and Jack says, "your late".
The tent scene of course.
The nose snuggle.(I know that was in the reunion but I thought I,d mention it)

« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 02:04:40 pm by Jane »
Always and forever. J&E.xx

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 04:12:05 pm »
I love all the ones you've mentioned, and still others.  Hell, it's *all* good.

But the one I anticipate the most of all every time, even more than the reunion, is the dozy embrace.  I love the way the camera scans up those long legs, then Ennis appears from behind, his humming and soft-talking, the way he caresses the lambswool collar of Jack's coat as if it were him he was caressing, the way the camera pulls back and takes in the two horses grazing peacefully behind them, that last little squeeze Ennis gives Jack before he says, "I got to go.  See ya in the mornin."  The way Jack turns and watches him ride away, with the soul just oozing out of his eyes and mouth.  Makes it hurt all the more when that look is contrasted with his look 20 years later, with all the soul gone from his eyes and his face as cold and hard as stone.  But it's so worth it.  And in an instant, one understands exactly why Jack held out all those years.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 04:31:50 pm by ednbarby »
No more beans!

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 04:24:03 pm »
I love all the ones you've mentioned, and still others.  Hell, it's *all* good.

But the one I anticipate the most of all every time, even more than the reunion, is the dozy embrace.  I love the way the camera scans up those long legs, then Ennis appears from behind, his humming and soft-talking, the way he caresses the lambswool collar of Jack's coat as if it were him he were caressing, the way the camera pulls back and takes in the two horses grazing peacefully behind them, that last little squeeze Ennis gives Jack before he says, "I got to go.  See ya in the mornin."  The way Jack turns and watches him ride away, with the soul just oozing out of his eyes and mouth.  Makes it hurt all the more when that look is contrasted with his look 20 years later, with all the soul gone from his eyes and his face as cold and hard as stone.  But it's so worth it.  And in an instant, one understands exactly why Jack held out all those years.
The way you describe it is enough to set me off  :):'(

One I like is Ennis waiting for Jack just before the reunion.  He has got himself dressed all nice & looks so handsome.  The increasing tension is unbearable.  Everything else is just background literally.  At this point you're not totally sure exactly how the meeting is going to - it could be an awkward conversation or who knows.  Then the instant he sees Jack - the immediate switch, the anguish drains from his face and the floodgates of all those days & nights pent up feelings burst open.  The scene is genius & the acting all rests on Heath's facial expressions, the use of props (beer, cigarettes) & his body language.  Can't fault it.  I felt the frustration, the possibility of Jack's not showing like a tonne weight about to drop any moment and crush hope & finally the elation, the exhilaration. I was swept up in it. 
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over