Author Topic: I'm Baaaaack !  (Read 7481 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
I'm Baaaaack !
« on: May 22, 2006, 05:35:47 pm »
Howdy Cowboys and Cowgirls!

Muchas Gracias to all who wrote asking "where the hell are you?"  LOL

I was on Holiday last week and the Hotel had a really terrible internet service.  Which is shocking considering how posh it was.   So I did feel quite disconnected from my BBM family.   But it is good to be home and even better to be greated by all you fine folks. 

And I'm lovin Leslies two chapters she posted too!    I sure hope Roland kept y'all entertained with semi-naked Cowboy pics!     

Cheers!    :-*

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: I'm Baaaaack !
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 05:38:13 pm »
Welcome back and thanks for the pics of Hartford!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 05:40:21 pm »
Welcome back David!   ;D

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 07:06:23 pm »
yeah, welcome back, we've missed you terribly.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 07:13:01 pm »
Glad you're back, David! Hope you had a fantastic time! D'ya meet any cute guys?  ;D

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 11:51:23 pm »

Welcome back, David..

The hot cowboy thread just hasn't been what it was without your regular droolings..

;D
Chut up!

vkm91941

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 11:53:12 pm »
You have been soooooo missed!  and wait until you see there is a lot of new images in your HOT COWBOY thread and another whole thread by Roland...His FANTASY thread....Can't wait to hear all about England and see your photos

Offline David

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 08:07:43 am »
Glad you're back, David! Hope you had a fantastic time! D'ya meet any cute guys?  ;D

I heard that these Tower of London Guards are not supposed to talk or be distracted in any way.   Trust me,  I thought of a few ways to distract him!!   LOL    But somehow I think they would have arrested me on the spot.  And after hearing how many were beheaded at this location, I decided not to test that theory!

Buckingham Palace

Tower Bridge

Windsor Castle

Tower of London

St.Pauls Cathedral

« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 08:41:57 am by DavidinHartford »

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 09:00:44 am »

David - OMG!!!  Did you see that they have a guy in a London phonebooth that looks just like you?  You have met your doppelganger.  Freaky, hunh?!

Great pics. Thanks for posting.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 12:31:19 pm »
You were in London?!?!? I'm so freakin' jealous!!!!!!

Welcome home!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 12:47:52 pm »
Great pix David! 
Hope you had a big ol' awesome time!!  ;)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 01:08:33 pm »
I didn'y know you were in London David!! You had a good time though?! You survived the British weather!?

You up on yer old cokney rhyming slang now?

pony, apples and pears, britney spears, ect ect...!?

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 01:17:07 pm »
In London?!? Why didn't you say som'thin'?  ;D

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline David

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 01:19:37 pm »
It is a little confusing over there with the different names of things.   For example, the Subway is called the Tube, yet they had signs leading to a subway, but it was a pedestrian tunnel under the streets.   Once I figured THAT out it sure made getting across those large intersections easier!   Fries are Chips, but Chips are Crisps!   Blimey!

Everyone kept saying Cheers! and I just Fancied a shag with a good lookin Bloke.  And it sure sounds odd to here someone to ask for a "fag" meaning cigarrette!   And I didn't see "Bangers and Mash" on a single menu!

When I arrived at Customs the man on duty asked why I was coming to London.   I told him I was on "Holiday" of course.   He cracked a smile and stamped my Pasport.  He could tell by my accent I was from the States I guess!    

I do highly recommend the Dorchester Hotel   www.DorchesterHotel.com    if you don't faint at the $675 (US dollars) a night for the smallest room.  And that is before the 17.5% tax!    Thankgoodness I was travelling as a guest of a friend.   The Deluxe Double we shared was $1075 a night after taxes!    I will say that London is a Very expensive city to visit.  And the poor US dollar vs. Pound exchange rate is not in our favour.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 01:30:24 pm by DavidinHartford »

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 01:40:50 pm »
Bloody hell! The Dorchester!!

Thats where all the stars stay!

You were hoping a certain JG would be there weren't ya!?

Yeah - London is an expensive city..esp against your $..

I obvioulsy loved it when I came to NY and could get everything for basically half the price of home.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2006, 02:16:14 pm »
Bloody hell! The Dorchester!!

Thats where all the stars stay!

You were hoping a certain JG would be there weren't ya!?

Sigh....  no Jake sightings     :'(

But on one occassion I did notice alot of extra staff and security in the lobby.  When I got to the room I looked out the window (6th floor overlooking Park lane and Hyde Park) and noticed that the Police had stopped all the traffic to allow a motorcade into the Hotel entrance!     I'm guessing it was a Diplomatic Guest.    The Hotel is owned by the Sultan of Brunei and they get alot of Saudi Royalty there.   One day there was a bunch of Black Porsche Cayane SUVs out front with Saudi Arabian licence plates on them.    Another day a group of Japanese VIPS came in with photographers taking group photos with some English VIPs.  Of course the Hotel staff will not tell you who any of these people are for privacy reasons.

I love these Awsome Retro Taxis!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 08:13:07 am by DavidinHartford »

vkm91941

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2006, 02:28:57 pm »
What a great Trip DAVID! I am so jealous!..JK...You have inspired me....I've added 2 days in London to my Greek trip in October so I'll get to see central London too!  But alas won't be rooming at The Dorchester.  Staying in a 16th century Inn in Crawley, just South, instead and will take the train into London proper.  You must have yourself some VERY good friends.  Glad you had such a good time You deserved it!  :-*

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2006, 03:29:22 pm »
Welcome back David! Looks like you have a wonderful time there.  We missed you here. :)

Offline opinionista

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 04:23:53 pm »
Sigh....  no Jake sightings

Are you from New York City? Because Jake was spotted in NYC yesterday hanging with Natalie Portman. Check it out:

http://www.gawker.com/news/stalker/daily-gawker-stalker-jon-stewart-avoids-getting-jumped-175783.php

If you're there perhaps you'll run into him. Good luck!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline David

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 09:56:15 pm »
If you're there perhaps you'll run into him.

I'd rather hump, bump into him!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2006, 11:28:29 am »
David, welcome back!  I'm glad you had such an awesome trip.  I'm green with envy that you actually got to stay at the Dorchester.  I had tea there with Sarah (two_mules) and a bunch of LOTR pals once, and it is gorgeous.

So...New York in April, London in May.  Where are you going in June?  San Francisco?  ;)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline David

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2006, 08:12:24 pm »
Hi Meryl!

Oh I wish I could have met up with Sarah there for Tea!     But alas, I was travelling as a "guest" and that was not possible.   

Glad you were able to get to have Tea there!   I didn't even get too!   We were always running around so much sight seeing that we never did get to experience a real traditional English "Tea" at the Dorchester.

Here is what a $1075 a night (US dollars) room looks like.  I doubt I'll ever be in one again!   LOL.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 08:18:21 pm by DavidinHartford »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2006, 11:53:44 pm »
Ooh, very pretty room!  It looks like you had a small balcony, too.  I love the ceiling molding and how it curves out for the bed hanging.  $1075 is very steep, but considering the services at that hotel, I guess it makes sense.  :P
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline David

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2006, 12:16:34 am »
Yeah, it was a nice room.   There was a small balcony with a canopy over it.   The sliding glass doors only open slightly for security reasons.   I was on the 6th floor overlooking Hyde Park.   The bathroom was completely done in Marble!   Double sinks, bidet,  huge Marble tub too.     

The price is inflated because of the exchange rate, plus the 17.5 % tax.   But judging by their typical guest, price is not an issue.    I was just very fortunate to be travelling with a friend with deep pockets.