Author Topic: I'm Baaaaack !  (Read 7485 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: I'm Baaaaack !
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2006, 11:28:29 am »
David, welcome back!  I'm glad you had such an awesome trip.  I'm green with envy that you actually got to stay at the Dorchester.  I had tea there with Sarah (two_mules) and a bunch of LOTR pals once, and it is gorgeous.

So...New York in April, London in May.  Where are you going in June?  San Francisco?  ;)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2006, 08:12:24 pm »
Hi Meryl!

Oh I wish I could have met up with Sarah there for Tea!     But alas, I was travelling as a "guest" and that was not possible.   

Glad you were able to get to have Tea there!   I didn't even get too!   We were always running around so much sight seeing that we never did get to experience a real traditional English "Tea" at the Dorchester.

Here is what a $1075 a night (US dollars) room looks like.  I doubt I'll ever be in one again!   LOL.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 08:18:21 pm by DavidinHartford »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2006, 11:53:44 pm »
Ooh, very pretty room!  It looks like you had a small balcony, too.  I love the ceiling molding and how it curves out for the bed hanging.  $1075 is very steep, but considering the services at that hotel, I guess it makes sense.  :P
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2006, 12:16:34 am »
Yeah, it was a nice room.   There was a small balcony with a canopy over it.   The sliding glass doors only open slightly for security reasons.   I was on the 6th floor overlooking Hyde Park.   The bathroom was completely done in Marble!   Double sinks, bidet,  huge Marble tub too.     

The price is inflated because of the exchange rate, plus the 17.5 % tax.   But judging by their typical guest, price is not an issue.    I was just very fortunate to be travelling with a friend with deep pockets.