Author Topic: .  (Read 208385 times)

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
Re: .
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 12:06:47 pm »
Well, he did get right to the point.

::)

D'OH!

Welcome back David,
Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 12:24:48 pm »
Wow - ok, here's the question.  What does this say about us that we can post and reply and post and reply to an essentially non-existent subject?!  We are expert at making something out of (almost) nothing, and finding meaning there as well.

"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 12:27:25 pm »
Wow - ok, here's the question.  What does this say about us that we can post and reply and post and reply to an essentially non-existent subject?!  We are expert at making something out of (almost) nothing, and finding meaning there as well.

Hahaha, yeah! And as an additional benefit it also enhances our post accounts, right?  ;D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 12:42:16 pm by Pipedream »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 12:41:39 pm »
I think it's very significant that the dot and the colon are placed in close proximity, evoking the symbiotic relationship of the singularity and the duality of existence in Ray's oeuvre.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 12:45:05 pm »

LOL!

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2006, 12:45:37 pm »
I think it's very significant that the dot and the colon are placed in close proximity, evoking the symbiotic relationship of the singularity and the duality of existence in Ray's oeuvre.

Interesting approach, Lee! And I thought he was alluding to pointilism! How stupid...  ::)   

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2006, 01:05:14 pm »
Ray!? Drunk!? :o Noooooooooooooo!!!

You guys rawk though! Love how we can talk about nothing!!

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2006, 01:24:07 pm »

So true Lee.  And it evokes as well the complication and subtle irony of both the finality of Ennis and Jack's relationship at the end of BBM, and the open-endedness of Ennis's story still to be played out with Jack only as en emotional ghost, as evidenced by his willingness to attend his daughter's wedding. 

I think Ray has been particularly eloquent here not just with what he has posted, but was has been left un-posted...

"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 01:28:38 pm »
Yeah, Ray.

You don't say much but you get your dot point across. Obviously. And we are enjoying the peace and quiet.  ;D 

ROFL....too true!

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 03:25:53 pm »
I believe the OP has really embraced Annie Proulx's contention that stories should be completed by the reader-to be interpreted in the context of his or her own . of reference. What a brilliant commentary Ray!

O0

Heathen