Author Topic: Over or Under?  (Read 13442 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Over or Under?
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 10:38:08 am »
That's funny optom!

If I may say...
and

hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 10:40:00 am »
I just realized that for myself, it's under  !!

(I use another roll !)

But why UNDER?  Because, I am a gay man ??

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 10:50:55 am »
Definitley sheets pattern down as when you turn the top over it is pattern up.

I wonder if there's a correlation between over/pattern down and under/pattern up. I definitely prefer pattern up.

In fact, come to think of it, I guess I've never seen the logic of pattern down. For one thing, once you're in bed and covered up, even you, the sleeper, can't see the pretty side. So what you see when you look down the bed is the "ugly side." And also, when people come in to the room -- say, to bring you breakfast in bed -- they'll just see a head sticking out of the ugly side. The only time the pretty side gets seen is when you're climbing in and out.

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 12:12:58 pm »
I'm definitely an over. Under just doesn't make sense to me. When it's over, the end is right there in plain view so you can grab it easier.

I also like sheets with the pretty side up. Pretty side down makes a little sense to me, but only if you make the bed regularly, and...I don't.  ;) So for me, whatever side is up is the only one that gets seen.

And I'm a scruncher.  :)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 12:43:44 pm »
I'm definitely an over. Under just doesn't make sense to me. When it's over, the end is right there in plain view so you can grab it easier.

The logic for under is that the roll acts like a fulcrum so you can rip it off easier.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 12:59:08 pm »
Definitely over. Makes it easier to tear off.

The logic for under is that the roll acts like a fulcrum so you can rip it off easier.

That I don't understand, because when it's "under" I inevitably end up unrolling more paper than I intended.  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 12:59:34 pm »

hello crayons!
yes, looks like we  agree on another thing,..........i like it under too!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 01:43:12 pm »
That I don't understand, because when it's "under" I inevitably end up unrolling more paper than I intended.  ???

You have to use just the right snap of the wrist.

But actually, I roll off too much when it's over because there's nothing to pull it against. I think we're onto something here that explains people's preferences.

hello crayons!
yes, looks like we  agree on another thing,..........i like it under too!

Hey forsythia! Yup, though it looks like we're in the minority.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2008, 02:01:13 pm »

LOL,  this is a funny poll!  Well, I voted for "over."  I do like that it's easier to see/ grab the end almost like a handle that way... especially at night.  Although, I'm not very picky about this... and I don't usually think about the direction as I'm changing rolls.  So, it's not a huge deal to me.

Do any of you have pets that enjoy playing with toilet paper rolls?  I know some cats love to unroll toilet paper.  I count myself lucky, because this form of play has not occurred to Vivien (yet).

And, I don't hang my paper towels up.  They just stand on the counter so that they're easily portable.  I like to be able to move my paper towel roll around a lot (from room to room for cleaning, etc.).

Now as for sheets, I do definitely make an effort to put the pattern-side down when I make the bed.  I think the idea is to be "enveloped" in the pattern with the pattern on both the top and bottom sheet surrounding you when you're in bed.  And, like Optom said, when you fold the top sheet over the outer comforter (when actually making the bed neatly), then the pattern is visible that way too.  Most of my sheets are solid-colored, so it's not such a big issue a lot of the time for me.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2008, 02:19:15 pm »
a good trick for kids/pets who pull on the toilet paper roll until it's empty and all over the floor is to squish the roll a bit so that the cardboard center is more of an oval shape, or flattened a bit; and this, stops the roll from spinning out of control.  works like a charm!

does anyone have a toilet paper prefrence?  lot's of people are very picky about their 'shit-tickets'.....(my hubby for one).  gotta be triple ply, like 'charmin' or some other expensive brand; however, i will say that many public places have the cheapest paper around.  totallly useless!

did anyone see that sienfeld episode where elaine was in a bathroom stall and had no TP.  she begged the person next to her to give her some, but she too only had two squares, and would'nt give elaine one of them.  very funny episode!