Author Topic: TAKE OFF THE KID GLOVES: YOUR LEAST FAVORITE ACTORS  (Read 27803 times)

rtprod

TAKE OFF THE KID GLOVES: YOUR LEAST FAVORITE ACTORS
« on: May 23, 2006, 04:17:56 pm »
DAKOTA FANNING
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 04:22:12 pm by rtprod »

slayers_creek_oth

Re: TAKE OFF THE GLOVES: YOUR LEAST FAVORITES ACTORS
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 04:21:45 pm »
Mel Gibson

George Clooney

Nicole Kidman

Ashton Kutcher

rtprod

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 04:23:59 pm »
Mel Gibson

George Clooney

Nicole Kidman

Ashton Kutcher

Wow, Nicole Kidman is on the top of my list of the best actors out there.  Was just talking about her at lunch -- she's about as close, in my opinion, to Hollywood royalty that we have today.  Beautiful, elegant, well-spoken, down-to-earth, extremely versatile in characterizations, always stylish and the epitome of a princess in celluloid slippers (sorry, took a little flight of fancy there). 

rt
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 04:25:33 pm by rtprod »

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: TAKE OFF THE KID GLOVES: YOUR LEAST FAVORITE ACTORS
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 04:29:10 pm »
DAKOTA FANNING

That's mean rt :).  She is good in some movies.  I liked her in I am Sam.  She is a child star and is growing up, what do you expect?  She inevitable falls between a child vs. teenager.

vkm91941

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 04:35:55 pm »
absolutely refuse to watch....

Sylvester Stallone
Casper Van Dein
Stephen Seagal
Jean Claude Van Dame
COMEDY by Jim Carey (I like his other less OTT roles)
Charlie Sheen
Tom Arnold
Sarah Jessica Parker
Lindsay Lohan
Paris Hilton
William Shattner
Ashton Kutcher
Pamela Anderson

actors I don't care for but will give a chance anyway because they have made a few really good films

Tom Cruise
Colin Farrel
Angelina Jolie
Jennifer Aniston
Tim Robbins
Christian Slater
Robert Downy Jr
Mel Gibson
Nicole Kidman
George Clooney

I'm sure there are others but that is just off the top of my head

« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 05:29:58 pm by vkm91941 »

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 04:37:22 pm »
Wow, Nicole Kidman is on the top of my list of the best actors out there.  Was just talking about her at lunch -- she's about as close, in my opinion, to Hollywood royalty that we have today.  Beautiful, elegant, well-spoken, down-to-earth, extremely versatile in characterizations, always stylish and the epitome of a princess in celluloid slippers (sorry, took a little flight of fancy there). 

rt

I just think she's annoying....LOL

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 04:38:03 pm »
That's mean rt :).  She is good in some movies.  I liked her in I am Sam.  She is a child star and is growing up, what do you expect?  She inevitable falls between a child vs. teenager.

I loved her in I am Sam!

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 04:40:33 pm »
Jean Claude Van Dame

Yeah, Jean Claude Van Dame for me too.  Most of the time I won't avoid a movie because of the actors, but I refuse to see any movies by Rob Schneider if he is the leading man.  Yuk, can not watch any of his movies.

rtprod

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 04:40:37 pm »
Oh, and let's stop giving good old Julia Roberts a pass, shall we?  Minus Erin Brockovich, where's the versatility or distinction between characters?  As Hollywood star style performing goes, she's leagues beneath even Tom Cruise in skill level.  

She was just skewered royally on Broadway and there's a very funny piece about it in the new EW.  

I used to love her until I stopped loving the flat cadence and the quivering lip and the same smile every six frames or so.....  zzzzzzzz.......

rt

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 04:51:07 pm »
Hi I am a little bit lost here.  This is rt's post but updated by Vicky.  Probably just the quotation mark throws me off as the last sentence is not in my post.  Anyway, technical glitch? :)

Quote from: rtprod
Quote from: JennyC on Today at 03:29:10 pm
That's mean rt .  She is good in some movies.  I liked her in I am Sam.  She is a child star and is growing up, what do you expect?  She inevitable falls between a child vs. teenager.
Umm, I don't know who bugged me more in that cloying I am Sam, her or Sean Penn,

That observation seems a bit jaded. Sweet, heartwarming film, but cloying?  Can you say Chick Flick.  Just coz it is and just because it protrays loving human emotion doesn't make it bad.

« Last Edit: Today at 03:45:28 pm by vkm91941 » 

« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 04:52:47 pm by JennyC »

vkm91941

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 04:54:15 pm »
Oh, and let's stop giving good old Julia Roberts a pass, shall we?  Minus Erin Brockovich, where's the versatility or distinction between characters?  As Hollywood star style performing goes, she's leagues beneath even Tom Cruise in skill level.  

She was just skewered royally on Broadway and there's a very funny piece about it in the new EW.  

I used to love her until I stopped loving the flat cadence and the quivering lip and the same smile every six frames or so.....  zzzzzzzz.......

rt

I agree she got panned badly on Broadway.  Better actors than her have been panned before and will be again.  In defense of Miss Julia, let me start by saying I am not a huge fan, but I do like her for the most part.  

In my mind she does really well in the light pseudo serious comedy department, I personally enjoyed her in Steel Magnoliias, Stepmom, Nottinghill and Runaway Bride.  

But I also liked her in some of her much more serious roles,in addition to Erin Brockovich, I liked  Mary Riley, Conspiracy Theory, Something to Talk About, Sleeping with the Enemy, Flatliners, Dying Young and the Pelican Brief.

To me she has shown herself to be a versatile performer, she is lovely and charming but in non-threatening down to earth way so that both men and women feel comfortable with her and her characters. That's my take

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 04:55:16 pm »
DAKOTA FANNING

There is clearly a message here.  I'm struggling to see it tho...

:P
Chut up!

vkm91941

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 04:58:03 pm »
Hi I am a little bit lost here.  This is rt's post but updated by Vicky.  Probably just the quotation mark throws me off as the last sentence is not in my post.  Anyway, technical glitch? :)

That observation seems a bit jaded. Sweet, heartwarming film, but cloying?  Can you say Chick Flick.  Just coz it is and just because it protrays loving human emotion doesn't make it bad.

« Last Edit: Today at 03:45:28 pm by vkm91941 » 

NO must have been my error !!!!!! I am so sorry don't know how that happened I was sure I just quoted rt but I must have hit the modify button instead.   PLEASE Jenny and rt forgive my stupid error.  I'm going to delete the entire post and ask rt to please repost his original thought  ::)  :-\

rtprod

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 05:02:45 pm »
Another baffling mystery:

The Success of Keanu Reeves

Has worked with the best of the best directors in movies that became big hits.  And frankly, the guy can't deliver a line of dialgoue comfortably to save his life.  His work is all on the surface, awkward emoting, goofy line interpretations, as if he read the script maybe five minutes before the cameras rolled.  

He's gotten a pass -- can we revoke, please?

rt

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 05:03:05 pm »
Oh, boy.  I'm gonna take some *major* flak on this one, but here goes:

Sean Penn (I think he's vastly over-rated.  Sorry.)
Nick Nolte (All he does is Variations in Yelling.)
Al Pacino (See Nick Nolte - he was still good up until about "Sea of Love," then the Yelling began.)
Matt Dillon (He has one expression:  Mad.)
Gary Oldman (He was great, then he let himself get typecast and just phoned it in for his next, like, 10 films.  He's started to redeem himself with "Batman Begins," though.)
Daniel Day-Lewis (Ducking.  I just don't get what's so great about him.  The *only* movie I've ever seen him in where I couldn't see him acting was "In the Name of the Father.")
Sarah Jessica Parker (I can't stand her shrillness.)
Ben Affleck (The only one I could ever stand him in was "Shakespeare in Love," and that's because he played the perfect horse's ass - I'm thinkin' it wasn't much of a stretch.)
George Clooney (I'm sick to FREAKIN' death of him.  And could he be any more of a shameless narcissist?  Never have I seen someone so painfully infatuated with himself.)

Now...  Lemme take off the gloves...

;)

No more beans!

rtprod

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2006, 05:05:15 pm »
Oh, no, no... 

Loving human emotion is why we go to the movies -- when it's honest.

When it's forced, like a manipulative trick to wring tears -- Beaches, I am Sam -- then I start to induce...

rt

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2006, 05:05:46 pm »
What a great idea for a thread. But here's how boring I am. I have a hard time thinking of any. Well, I'm not too fond of

Mel Gibson

in real life, but onscreen he's fine. Of all the actors mentioned above, the only ones I out-and-out dislike are

Ashton Kutcher and
Sylvester Stallone

I studied your lists fruitlessly trying to think of costars I didn't like. I scanned imdb in vain. I thought of a bunch of people I often dislike but occasionally like, such as

Robin Williams and
Kiera Knightley

I've never thought of myself as that easily pleased! I resorted to asking my sons for ideas, and they immediately reeled off

David Spade and
Rob Schneider

but they're way too obvious. Nobody likes them, do they? My kids reminded me of my many complaints about Adam Sandler, but that has more to do with most of the movies he's been in than anything about Adam himself. They named a bunch of other people, and I kept saying " .... No, they're OK."

FINALLY I thought of

Ethan Hawke

whom I don't really despise or anything, but there's something about him that annoys me. And I don't care much for

Joe Pesci

And I'm starting to get pretty sick of

Steve Martin

If I think of anyone else, I'll add them.

OH WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT. Barb's post came in while I was writing this. I love or at least like just about everyone on her list EXCEPT -- and it's a huge except; I actually hate her

SARAH JESSICA PARKER

Whew! I feel much better now.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 05:10:39 pm by latjoreme »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2006, 05:08:19 pm »

But I also liked her in some of her much more serious roles,in addition to Erin Brockovich, I liked  Mary Riley, Conspiracy Theory, Something to Talk About, Sleeping with the Enemy, Flatliners, Dying Young and the Pelican Brief.

Vic, Vic, Vic--

Sleeping with the Enemy? That has to be one of my all time favorite WORST movies and ol'Julia was a big part of the awfulness--not to mention the inane story and ridiculous plot devices, like, she learned to swim in the YWCA pool and then can survive a raging hurricane in the Atlantic, hanging onto a bell buoy after she intentionally washes herself overboard...but I digress.

Vic, I usually agree with you but we have a MAJOR divergence of opinion on this one!!   :laugh:

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 05:18:12 pm »
Another baffling mystery:

The Success of Keanu Reeves

Agreed.  Oh, I used to love him.  He was great in "Speed",  borderline Ok in "The Matrix". But man, this guy can not act.  He is the same in every single movie (more recent ones, that is), looks like he can not tell the different between a stage play and a movie.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 05:25:35 pm »
Agreed.  Oh, I used to love him.  He was great in "Speed",  borderline Ok in "The Matrix". But man, this guy can not act.  He is the same in every single movie (more recent ones, that is), looks like he can not tell the different between a stage play and a movie.

Kind of a twist on this thread, which Jenny is bringing up...who are those actors who started off great, you were excited to see and then they never followed up? Keanu Reeves would be a good example, actually--cute in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, good in Speed and then wha'happened?

Sean Penn (also mentioned below)...it's like he's been coasting on his Ridgemont High laurels forever

Lindsay Lohan was absolutely adorable (and talented) in The Parent Trap and look what's happened to her. And I thought Mean Girls was awful even though it got passable reviews.

Tara Reid held her own in American Pie, playing the kind of girl I hated in HS but she did it well but since then, what?

Others...?
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

rtprod

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2006, 05:38:12 pm »
I agree she got panned badly on Broadway.  Better actors than her have been panned before and will be again.  In defense of Miss Julia, let me start by saying I am not a huge fan, but I do like her for the most part.  

In my mind she does really well in the light pseudo serious comedy department, I personally enjoyed her in Steel Magnoliias, Stepmom, Nottinghill and Runaway Bride.  

But I also liked her in some of her much more serious roles,in addition to Erin Brockovich, I liked  Mary Riley, Conspiracy Theory, Something to Talk About, Sleeping with the Enemy, Flatliners, Dying Young and the Pelican Brief.

To me she has shown herself to be a versatile performer, she is lovely and charming but in non-threatening down to earth way so that both men and women feel comfortable with her and her characters. That's my take

Hi vic,

I actually do agree with you and I liked all of those dramatic performances of hers that she struggled to create early in her career before she basically gave up and allowed herself to just be the sweetheart.  I loved her in Something to Talk About, particularly on the street with the kids when she catches Quaid cheating.

So I don't dislike her, I just wish she'd stretch more. 

rt

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2006, 05:55:18 pm »
Adam Sandler, except in Punch Drunk Love (although he played basically the same doofus character in that he always does, but it had a better script.)
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2006, 06:17:17 pm »

Kind of a twist on this thread, which Jenny is bringing up...who are those actors who started off great, you were excited to see and then they never followed up?

Another twist on Leslie's post.  Do you think Heath and Jake are set up for disappointment in whatever they do in the future?  Will people always hold them to that standard and say that they don’t live up to the expectation?   After all, how often does something come alone that compares to the perfect combination of story, screenplay, director, and actors in Brokeback Mountain.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2006, 06:23:22 pm »
Another twist on Leslie's post.  Do you think Heath and Jake are set up for disappointment in whatever they do in the future?  Will people always hold them to that standard and say that they don’t live up to the expectation?   After all, how often does something come alone that compares to the perfect combination of story, screenplay, director, and actors in Brokeback Mountain.

No. Heath is already getting good reviews in Candy (see my post over on Chez Tremblay). Heath, in particular, I think will pick and choose roles very carefully from here on out, and I have no doubt he'll be directing before too long.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2006, 06:24:05 pm »
Other actors I liked once who have gone down the drain:

Kevin Costner
John Travolta

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2006, 06:24:31 pm »

Well yes I think to an extent that they will always be compared to BBM...but I still think that they'll go far!  Its not everyday that you see actors like Jake and Heath...so we'll see....

I see Jake becoming the next Tom Hanks while Heath becomes the next Anthony Hopkins....

rtprod

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2006, 06:30:58 pm »

Jenny, one thing to keep in mind is that we hold them in a bit higher esteem than does everyone in the industry.  Our support of those performances and this movie is in concurrence with other organizations, true, but though we've immortalized them, in Hollywood you are only as good as your last film or two.  This business is fickle and unfortunately box office determines career paths far too often.  Actors' careers are made by what they turn down as much as by what they accept.  Keep your fingers crossed. 

rt

Offline ProwlAmongUs

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Have a great day. . .
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2006, 07:35:01 pm »
Lee Marvin

And dare I say it? Jack Nicholson. I just cannot warm up to the guy.
Nightmares may be products of our subconscious, but dreams are magic windows through which we see our desired reality.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2006, 08:13:13 pm »
Jack Nicholson.  The guy is good, but he never reaches me.
Tom Cruise.  Ditto.
Phillip Seymour Hoffman.  Ditto again.
Jessica Simpson.  Does she even qualify as an actor?  Why are people giving her and her sister movie roles?
Sarah Jessica Parker.
Julia Roberts.
Any of the 90210 crowd.
Alyssa Milano.
Tony Danza.
Kevin Costner.
John Travolta.  Is really coming across as slimy nowadays.  Don't know why.
Any of the 'Desperate Housewives' crowd.
Lindsey Lohan.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 08:35:49 pm by delalluvia »

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2006, 08:23:00 pm »
Oh, yeah.  Kevin Costner is beyond bad.  He showed some promise in that cycling movie - what was it called?  American Flyers?  And then, quoth the raven, nevermore.
No more beans!

vkm91941

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2006, 08:33:02 pm »
Jenny, one thing to keep in mind is that we hold them in a bit higher esteem than does everyone in the industry.  Our support of those performances and this movie is in concurrence with other organizations, true, but though we've immortalized them, in Hollywood you are only as good as your last film or two.  This business is fickle and unfortunately box office determines career paths far too often.  Actors' careers are made by what they turn down as much as by what they accept.  Keep your fingers crossed. 

Sadly truer words were never spoken.  BUT no reason they cannot join the legion of working actors and work steadily and create decent reputations as quality actors without the celebrity. It would not make them rich but it would feed the soul.   If the craft of acting is what they love as they've both said in the past.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 08:40:06 pm by vkm91941 »

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2006, 08:36:27 pm »
Oh, yeah.  Kevin Costner is beyond bad.  He showed some promise in that cycling movie - what was it called?  American Flyers?  And then, quoth the raven, nevermore.

He was good in "Bull Durham" and it was all downhill after that.

Offline Toast

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2006, 08:42:20 pm »

Wow Poor Kevin Costner
I enjoyed American Flyer
Fandango was almost good.
and I absolutely love Field of Dreams
but now I don't even want to see him
I have tried to watch him in all the other movies, but he lost it for me.
I think I realized he wasn't acting, just playing himself and it spreads too thinl

The worst of all was Robin Hood.

But I still love Field of Dreams because of the story and Kevin can play the quintessential American -  once.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2006, 11:43:19 pm »
Well, now that he has been trashed in five posts on this page alone, I will step in and say I like Kevin Costner. Not in anything dramatic, like JFK or ... well, whatever those other dramatic movies that he's been in were. But in light romantic comedies like Upside of Anger? He's likeable and charming.

I'll throw out my own provocative one -- someone I used to like but now can hardly stand:

Steve Martin

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2006, 12:24:51 am »
Well, now that he has been trashed in five posts on this page alone, I will step in and say I like Kevin Costner. Not in anything dramatic, like JFK or ... well, whatever those other dramatic movies that he's been in were. But in light romantic comedies like Upside of Anger? He's likeable and charming.

I'll throw out my own provocative one -- someone I used to like but now can hardly stand:

Steve Martin

He was good in his Planes, Trains and Automobiles days.....

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2006, 12:30:02 am »
He was good in his Planes, Trains and Automobiles days.....

Yes. And even better in Roxanne. But now ...

UPDATE: Although two minutes later, I started wondering. Maybe he never was that great. Maybe it was John Candy who made Planes, Trains funny and poignant! Maybe in Roxanne it was the cute script and pretty (Vancouver?) setting! Maybe a few months ago, when I rented LA Story, which I remember really liking, I fell asleep on the couch halfway through!

OK, Bowfinger. I fell asleep when I rented Bowfinger recently, too, but liked it anyway and I'm almost positive Steve Martin was good in that.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 12:43:51 am by latjoreme »

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2006, 12:55:48 am »
Yes. And even better in Roxanne. But now ...

UPDATE: Although two minutes later, I started wondering. Maybe he never was that great. Maybe it was John Candy who made Planes, Trains funny and poignant! Maybe in Roxanne it was the cute script and pretty (Vancouver?) setting! Maybe a few months ago, when I rented LA Story, which I remember really liking, I fell asleep on the couch halfway through!

OK, Bowfinger. I fell asleep when I rented Bowfinger recently, too, but liked it anyway and I'm almost positive Steve Martin was good in that.

Good point....John Candy was pretty awesome!

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2006, 03:01:49 am »
Bruce Willis; The saviour of the universe how many times over?

Nicolas Cage; Makes my skin crawl with his Parkinson's disease mugging and his "mrphrnrtmrph" annunciation

Maddonna; Love the woman's music but an actor!  Puhleeeeease!

Tom Green; What a TWAT!

Gwyneth Paltrow; Give me a six inch nail to hammer into my temple!
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2006, 03:05:17 am »
Oh, boy.  I'm gonna take some *major* flak on this one, but here goes:

Sean Penn (I think he's vastly over-rated.  Sorry.)
Nick Nolte (All he does is Variations in Yelling.)
Al Pacino (See Nick Nolte - he was still good up until about "Sea of Love," then the Yelling began.)
Matt Dillon (He has one expression:  Mad.)
Gary Oldman (He was great, then he let himself get typecast and just phoned it in for his next, like, 10 films.  He's started to redeem himself with "Batman Begins," though.)
Daniel Day-Lewis (Ducking.  I just don't get what's so great about him.  The *only* movie I've ever seen him in where I couldn't see him acting was "In the Name of the Father.")
Sarah Jessica Parker (I can't stand her shrillness.)
Ben Affleck (The only one I could ever stand him in was "Shakespeare in Love," and that's because he played the perfect horse's ass - I'm thinkin' it wasn't much of a stretch.)
George Clooney (I'm sick to FREAKIN' death of him.  And could he be any more of a shameless narcissist?  Never have I seen someone so painfully infatuated with himself.)

Now...  Lemme take off the gloves...

;)

:laugh: :laugh:

Now its my turn to say amen sistah...  And I'm still laughing about the liberty you took in creating a whole new "Style" of acting - the "Yelling". LOL   I LOVED Al Pacino the Godfather part I & II (you see the innocence lost in his eyes, its magic, he did such a good job) and I tried to hard to like Scent of a Woman and I hardly got the message because I had to turn up the volume on the TV to hear Chris O'Donnell's dialogue and then rush to turn it down as soon as it was Al's turn to talk.  With all the fumbling of the remote, I pretty much missed the nuance of the film.  :-\

Matt Dillon = Crash.  Nuff said.  I only ever liked him in "the Outsiders" and we all know how long ago that was.

Daniel Day-Lewis. Oh gosh, could this man be more desperate to be today's answer to Marlon Brando?

I will add the following, seeing as how all the ones I would have picked have already been said:

Tim Allen (what the hell was that Shaggy Dog shit?)

Jennifer Aniston (just don't like her, sorry)

Jude Law

Calista Flockhart (eat an effing Tim Tam please)

Any of the I've-Pouted-My-Way-Into-This-Movie-Role-Posse: Estella Warren, Kiera Knightley, Beyonce Knowles, Heidi Klum et al.

And I try hard to like his movies cause I thought he did a wonderful job in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape", but I'm also gonna add Leonardo di Caprio..  
Chut up!

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2006, 03:09:23 am »

HAhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahaaa!  Tell it girfren!
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2006, 05:39:49 am »
Can't stand
Mel Gibson
Sylvester Stallone (some Rocky, but that's all)
Stephen Segal
Jean-Claude Van Damme
COMEDY by Jim Carey
Tom Cruise
Eddy Murphy

Don't care for
Nicole Kidman
Charlie Sheen
Nicolas Cage
Sarah Jessica Parker
Liam Neeson
Angelina Jolie
Christian Slater
Nick Nolte
Matt Dillon
Gary Oldman
Casey Affleck
Adam Sandler
Ethan Hawke
Steve Martin
Alyssa Milano
Harrisson Ford (except in "Witness")
Edward Furlong
Bruce Willis
Calista Flockhart
Johnny Depp (ducking..- though I have seen most of his movies)
Orlando Bloom (ducking some more..)
Elijah Wood (hiding..)
.. and many more.

Don't really know
Lindsay Lohan
Paris Hilton

Kevin Costner – can't quite quit him.. I mean, he IS born on the same day as me, after all.. Loved him in his earlier films (American Flyers, the thing with the Wolves, JFK, No Way Out, the Untouchables..)

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2006, 08:42:22 am »
Jude, how do you go to the movies at all?  ;D Who haven't you listed (besides Kevin Costner)?! :laugh: But I'm glad you agree about Steve Martin!

(Your comment about you and Kevin sharing a birthday made me curious about who else has my  birthday. So I went to imdb, and the answer is (drumroll) Bruce Grobbelaar!!!! You've heard of him, right? Me neither. Turns out he's a South African football player. In fact, scanning the entire list of famous people born on that day of the year throughout all the years of history, the only name I recognized is CBS-TV president Leslie Moonves. Gee, yay. What an auspicious day it must be.)

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2006, 09:01:01 am »
Jude, how do you go to the movies at all?  ;D Who haven't you listed (besides Kevin Costner)?! :laugh: But I'm glad you agree about Steve Martin!
Oh, but I do go to movies! Those I don't care about, doesn't mean I avoid at all costs. I just don't understand all the fuss about them (for some there's not much fuss, really, but you know what I mean).. And the list of actors/actressess I love and care for is much much longer. I swear!  :laugh:

(Your comment about you and Kevin sharing a birthday made me curious about who else has my  birthday. So I went to imdb, and the answer is (drumroll) Bruce Grobbelaar!!!! You've heard of him, right? Me neither. Turns out he's a South African football player. In fact, scanning the entire list of famous people born on that day of the year throughout all the years of history, the only name I recognized is CBS-TV president Leslie Moonves. Gee, yay. What an auspicious day it must be.)
Of course I know Bruce....  ??? So, 6th of October, right? Well there is: Ioan Gruffud (UK) and Jeremy Sisto (US) - both excellent!! And some German actor quite known in his country - Helmut Zierl and a French singer (a bit out-dated), I kind of like: Nicolas Peyrac. And last but not least! -> Bálint Kisfalussy. I have no idea who that is, but he has a funny name..

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2006, 09:22:31 am »
:laugh: :laugh:

Now its my turn to say amen sistah...  And I'm still laughing about the liberty you took in creating a whole new "Style" of acting - the "Yelling". LOL   I LOVED Al Pacino the Godfather part I & II (you see the innocence lost in his eyes, its magic, he did such a good job) and I tried to hard to like Scent of a Woman and I hardly got the message because I had to turn up the volume on the TV to hear Chris O'Donnell's dialogue and then rush to turn it down as soon as it was Al's turn to talk.  With all the fumbling of the remote, I pretty much missed the nuance of the film.  :-\

Matt Dillon = Crash.  Nuff said.  I only ever liked him in "the Outsiders" and we all know how long ago that was.

Daniel Day-Lewis. Oh gosh, could this man be more desperate to be today's answer to Marlon Brando?

I will add the following, seeing as how all the ones I would have picked have already been said:

Tim Allen (what the hell was that Shaggy Dog shit?)

Jennifer Aniston (just don't like her, sorry)

Jude Law

Any of the I've-Pouted-My-Way-Into-This-Movie-Role-Posse: Estella Warren, Kiera Knightley, Beyonce Knowles, Heidi Klum et al.

And I try hard to like his movies cause I thought he did a wonderful job in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape", but I'm also gonna add Leonardo di Caprio..  

LOL!  I'm so with you on Scent of a Woman, it isn't even funny.  That was *exactly* my experience with it, except I made the rather tragic error of seeing it in the movie theater.  I had a throbbing headache by the time it was over, and was sworn off Al Pacino for good.  I about lost my gob when he won the Oscar for that shite.

I didn't like Jennifer Aniston until I saw her in "The Good Girl."  I haven't liked her in anything since - like Toast said about Kevin Costner, in everything else, it's as if she's just being herself and it's getting a little thin.  But in TGG, she actually *acts*.  Maybe Jake inspired her.  Hell.  He inspires me just by being on the same planet.

And I so agree about Leo.  He was *great* in Gilbert Grape, but then he never lived up to that promise again.  He was good in The Aviator, but nothing particularly special.

And, and can we please have a nice, long, soul-sister hug about Daniel Day-Lewis?  You nailed it on that one, baby.  I actually find him downright unwatchable - I skip movies he's in no matter how good they're supposed to be.  I think he should just stick to cobbling.
No more beans!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2006, 10:29:48 am »
I just saw this posted on another list I am on, and it made me laugh out loud so I thought I would share. Context, so people understand: the list is for crossword constructors and someone was posting that the new Nintendo game is going to be named WII, which will potentially emerge as a new 3 letter word that can be used in puzzles. Then someone else wondered if MI III is enough in the lexicon to be used as a word. And then this came along...

Funny you should mention that; as soon as I saw WII, I thought "Wishin':
Impossible I" which would be the first in a series of films about people
who wish in vain that Tom Cruise would stop making movies.  He hasn't
really done anything good since that film with Dustin Hoffman.

LOL

L
xo

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2006, 04:05:00 am »
I wound up looking at a long list of actors http://videoeta.com/person_list.html?letter=A to help jog my memory.  Some of these really rub me the wrong way (Sigourney Weaver), some just kind of mildly bug me (Andie MacDowell):

Juliette Lewis
Andy Dick
Uma Thurman
George Plimpton (though perfectly cast in Good Will Hunting)
David Spade
Snoop Dogg
John Wayne
Sigourney Weaver
Arnold Schwarzenegger (but I liked Kindergarten Cop)
Nicolas Cage (except he's in Moonstruck, one if my favorite movies, despite him)
Lee Marvin (wouldn't have thought of him, but someone else mentioned him)
Greta Garbo
Charlie Sheen
Tim Allen
David Arquette
Kevin Bacon
Catherine Zeta-Jones
James Caan (post-Godfather)
Neve Campbell
Gary Cole (though perfect in Office Space)
Lindsay Crouse
Kirsten Dunst
Claire Forlani
Melanie Griffith (though I loved Working Girl)
Samuel L. Jackson (though I loved The Red Violin)
Michael Keaton (somewhere along the way, I stopped enjoying him)
Keira Knightley
Martin Lawrence
Rob Lowe (except on West Wing)
Andie MacDowell
Lee Majors
Matthew McConaughey
Natasha McElhone
Demi Moore
Roger Moore
Robert Morse
Chuck Norris
Haley Joel Osment
Al Pacino (at this point)
Chazz Palminteri
Mary-Louise Parker (though she was perfectly cast in Grand Canyon)
Elizabeth Perkins
Matthew Perry
Ryan Phillippe
Rebecca Pidgeon (but what can you do - she's in all David Mamet, so I watch)
Brad Pitt (though I loved him in Ocean's Eleven)
Teri Polo
Richard Pryor (is this sacrilege?)
Bill Pullman
Christina Ricci
Mickey Rourke
Kurt Russell (post-1979)
Meg Ryan (though I love When Harry Met Sally)

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2006, 09:31:38 am »
Bruce Willis; The saviour of the universe how many times over?

Nicolas Cage; Makes my skin crawl with his Parkinson's disease mugging and his "mrphrnrtmrph" annunciation

Maddonna; Love the woman's music but an actor!  Puhleeeeease!

Tom Green; What a TWAT!

Gwyneth Paltrow; Give me a six inch nail to hammer into my temple!

LOL I agree completely with all those, except I can't stand Madonna's music either

Also add..

Jamie Foxx - Is there anyone out there more full of their self?
Catherine Zeta-Jones
Matthew Broderick
Matthew McConaughey
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Chris 'Ludacris' Bridges
Geena Davis

Offline David

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2006, 09:40:12 am »
UGH!

David Spade and Howie Mandell!   

Who the F*ck put these idiots back on TV?

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2006, 07:11:11 pm »
Alexis Smith (RIP)

My assessment of Keanu Reeves: he is to acting as George Bush is to being president.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2006, 10:08:49 am »
Alexis Smith (RIP)

My assessment of Keanu Reeves: he is to acting as George Bush is to being president.

Ha! Here is a quote from a review of his new movie "The Lake House." They teamed him up with Sandra Bullock, probably trying to recapture some of the chemistry from Speed, but this sounds like a dud of a movie (at least from this review):

All that aside, Sandra Bullock isn't that bad in this role, her character being far more likeable than Keanu Reeves, who has the personality and presence of a plank, made more obvious by the dog who steals all their scenes together. His attempts at emoting are laughable. The best moments of the movie are those rare moments when Reeves and Bullock are on screen together, which reminds you that it's more about the relationship than the hows and whys of its fantasy premise. Still, you never really feel any connection between them even after their first face-to-face meeting.

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2006, 02:44:10 am »
I have to agree on Julia Roberts. I'm not much of a fan of hers. I also can't stand Dana Carvey, UGH!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2006, 07:27:42 am »

I used to like Julia. But she's worn incredibly thin on me in recent years.

And poor Keanu!  Despite more bad reviews than Madonna, he still nails the roles, doesn't he??  Ray and I saw the previews of The Lake House and we both agreed it looked like a "must see". Suspect that may be something to do with Keanu than the story, but I could be wrong..   :P
Chut up!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2006, 07:50:52 am »
I used to like Julia. But she's worn incredibly thin on me in recent years.

And poor Keanu!  Despite more bad reviews than Madonna, he still nails the roles, doesn't he??  Ray and I saw the previews of The Lake House and we both agreed it looked like a "must see". Suspect that may be something to do with Keanu than the story, but I could be wrong..   :P

It looks like the kind of movie they could make a good preview out of but the actual movie sucks...at least that's the impression I am getting from rottentomatoes (only 25% positive reviews right now).

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2006, 08:35:15 am »

Really??

Bugger, that would be so disappointing.. the premise looked really interesting.. that's what hooked me. Hmm..

Gawd, I still haven't even caught Da Vinci code yet, on account of its reviews.. may have to give this one a wide berth also????
Chut up!

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2006, 09:53:13 am »
I would rather pluck out my own eyes with rusty knitting needles than sit through Meg Ryan in 'French Kiss' again.

She is also the very definition of irritation in 'Top Gun' (Yes she is, look it up). Then again, no-one comes away from that little debacle completely unscathed.

The woman just makes me feel real mean... >:(

And don't even get me started on Bill Murray. Ugh... talentless hack coasting his way through the same 'oh look how detached and cool I am' performance for the last 30 years. It was tolerable in 'Groundhog Day' but...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 09:58:02 am by saucycobblers »
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2006, 07:53:15 pm »
I loved 'French Kiss'.  Not necessarily Meg Ryan's character, but just the story.

My sister went and saw 'The Lake House'.  She said it was OK.  I asked if Keanu was any good because of the two lines he has in the preview, he sounds COMPLETELY unconvincing in one.

Her reply is probably the best you can say about Keanu's talent - "They didn't give him much dialogue, so he was OK."

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2006, 11:31:06 pm »
That's how I am about Keanu. I always feel like defending him. So he's wooden! At least he's cute. Apparently cuteness goes a long way with me.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 11:47:13 pm by latjoreme »

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2006, 06:23:27 pm »
Dela, I quote you:

"They didn't give him much dialogue, so he was OK."

And point out this applies eerily to President Bush, the Keanu of presidents.
But Keanu seems to be able to
- read
- memorize a script.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2006, 06:30:12 pm »
Not only that, but even at his most robotic, Keanu is less annoying, less incompetent and far less evil than George Bush.

George Bush is the Rob Schneider of presidents? the David Spade of presidents? the Tom Green of presidents?

Nope, even they are not as evil (though possibly as annoying).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 06:35:37 pm by latjoreme »

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2006, 10:16:56 pm »
Dela, I quote you:

"They didn't give him much dialogue, so he was OK."

And point out this applies eerily to President Bush, the Keanu of presidents.
But Keanu seems to be able to
- read
- memorize a script.

Don't even get me started on Dubya the Anti-Christ. >:(

Offline OldeSoul

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2006, 01:49:17 am »
oh god Kirsten Dunst.
(why Jake, whyyyy?)

And Tobey Maguire.

Hilary Duff.

Vin Diesel.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road- in a world that may say that we're wrong?

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2006, 08:46:51 pm »
I would rather pluck out my own eyes with rusty knitting needles than sit through Meg Ryan in 'French Kiss' again.

She is also the very definition of irritation in 'Top Gun' (Yes she is, look it up). Then again, no-one comes away from that little debacle completely unscathed.

The woman just makes me feel real mean... >:(

It cracks me up that you say Meg Ryan. I was thinking the same thing. The girl drives me nuts!

I used to like Tom Cruise, but his jumping the couch and going on and on about Scientology make me want to cringe. And the whole Katie Holmes BS .... Give me a blessed break!

I am also really sick of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt. Yeah, they're beautiful. But come on!!!!

And then there is Britney Spears (if you can even call her an actress ... but she was in a movie) and Mariah Carey (same thing as Brittney). These two drive me nuts! They don't need to wear clothes where everything all hangs out.

Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2006, 06:03:44 am »

Good point about Mariah and Britney. Thing is... I can understand Britney's "i can't sing, so here are my tits" modus operandi, but Mariah can sing.  So what's with the attention seeking wardrobe??  ??? ???

Don't even get me started on Tom Cruise.  The guy would leave me cold even if i were sitting on a Jamaican beach in the middle of the day in the middle of summer in a sweater and scarf. Bleeughhhh...
Chut up!

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2006, 09:39:17 am »
Don't even get me started on Tom Cruise.  The guy would leave me cold even if i were sitting on a Jamaican beach in the middle of the day in the middle of summer in a sweater and scarf. Bleeughhhh...

Ditto ... he is just making me gag!!! Who gives a f--k whether or not he's impregnated a chick almost half his age. Give me a blessed break!!!!  >:(
Diane

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2006, 09:46:01 am »
Ditto ... he is just making me gag!!! Who gives a f--k whether or not he's impregnated a chick almost half his age. Give me a blessed break!!!!  >:(

LOL, 'cept I don't think he did. The aliens came from Mars.

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2006, 10:22:16 am »
LOL, 'cept I don't think he did. The aliens came from Mars.

Oh, an "immaculate conception,"  huh? Oh ... that would mean purity. Can't say that, either.  ;D
Diane

Offline saucycobblers

« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2006, 11:51:24 am »
I am also really sick of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.

Oh god, I'm with you on that one. It was boring after about 10 nano-seconds.

I can understand Britney's "i can't sing, so here are my tits" modus operandi,

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ROFLOL... nice one!

but Mariah can sing.  So what's with the attention seeking wardrobe??  ??? ???

She definitely has 'issues'... ::)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2006, 08:19:27 pm »
One actor I have no intentions of watching anymore of his movies is Christian Slater, that guy really sucks and sorry to say everybody but Harrison Ford has just got too old or something. He acts like a week old man...Anybody see "Firewall?" Yuk!

I can't and never could stomach Julia Roberts. That laugh of hers sends me through the ceiling. Seems so fake to me. And it's in every movie. I can't stand her brother Eric Roberts either.
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

mvansand76

« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2006, 07:34:20 am »
Keanu Reeves...

Gosh, is he the worst actor in the world or WHAT?

Offline saucycobblers

« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2006, 07:54:47 am »
Keanu Reeves...

Gosh, is he the worst actor in the world or WHAT?

I'm trying to think of a worse one... ummmmmmm... just give me a sec... uhhhhhh... I'll have to get back to you  ;)

(Yes he is.)

mvansand76

« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2006, 08:00:13 am »
I'm trying to think of a worse one... ummmmmmm... just give me a sec... uhhhhhh... I'll have to get back to you  ;)

(Yes he is.)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Can you imagine what BBM would have been like if he had played Jack Twist or Ennis del Mar?

There is no smiley for the face I am making now...

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2006, 08:46:39 am »
Just had a look thru this thread, too many to remember but so many I agree with....

Patrick Swayze....seems to have a rubbery face, and he may be able to dance, but he cant act.

Andi McDowell....nothing about her is good

Catherine Zeta Jones...married well, and must have a good agent

Tom Cruise....maybe he needs a roll with some substance...I did like him in "A Few Good Men"

Toby McGuire.....is as believable as spiderman, as Keanu would be as Jack (perish the thought)
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Jane

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Together forever.xx
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2006, 09:02:34 am »
Jonny Depp, eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww. He is just gross, AND i saw a poll once, (get this) he was in 2nd place and someone, (obviously blind and needs help) had put Heath Ledger 8th in the 10 sexiest men poll!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o
Unbeleivable!!!!!!  FFS with Heath and Jake on the list, everyone else may as well pack up and go home, no contest.
I agree with someone else about Harrison Ford.. he is WELL past his sell by date.  Randy Quaid who played Jack and Ennis, boss in BBM makes my skin crawl, I think he,s revolting.(I wish there was a smiley for being sick).  Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, ewwww as well. 
Always and forever. J&E.xx

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2006, 09:57:31 am »
Juliette Lewis is another one I can't stand. Fortunately she hasn't done anything in a long while. During the time that she and Brad we together, they made the grossest couple. Both she and Brad at the time looked like they swore off baths and showers, appearing in public with the greasiest hair.

Woody Harrelson is another actor I don't really care for. Other than Woody in Cheers, I hate most characters he plays. He seems to just hit one note in his acting.

and I may get some tomatoes lobbed at me, but Christina Ricci bugs the hell out of me.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

mvansand76

« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2006, 11:19:37 am »
oh god Kirsten Dunst.
(why Jake, whyyyy?)

Oh God, Yes! Why???????? ???

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2006, 12:47:06 pm »
Jonny Depp, eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww. He is just gross, AND i saw a poll once, (get this) he was in 2nd place and someone, (obviously blind and needs help) had put Heath Ledger 8th in the 10 sexiest men poll!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o

Can't agree with you there/. I think Johnny Depp is beautiful, especially when he is clean shaven ... he hides a lot under facial and long hair and bizarre hats ... take those off and he is gorgeous!!! Even if you think he is not attractive, you have to admit he is talented ... unlike some of the other jerk-offs we mentioned on this board!
Diane

Offline Mary Twist

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2006, 05:35:00 pm »
My least favorite actor is nasty Peter McRobbie who portrayed my nasty husband John Twist in Brokeback Mountain.  Don't tell anyone but I may dislkike him because he was so effective as OMT and brought back awful memories for me and the memory of Jack.
You come back and see us soon.  We'll have fresh hot coffee and homemade cherry cake!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2006, 04:30:37 pm »
Let's face it - the lesser know actors are also the lesser respected actors

People are pickin on poor Tom Cruise cause he's had such a successful career - same thing for Keenu Reeves and most a the other actors mentioned. Think Britney would have made the list if she wasn't rakin in the big bucks?

Face it, our least favourite actors are also successful actors - otherwise they's be unknown and ignored. My vote: Cher.

(actually, this is just a sly way a bumpin this thread! he-he)
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Karan13

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Fun loving open minded the future Mrs Depp or Gyll
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2006, 08:40:12 pm »
Hey,
       Johnny Depp is Beautiful and an amazing actor , and whats the beef with Tom Cruise people? we love him here in the Uk , he actually shows his emotions and takes time out to talk to fans , not many pampered `Hollywood` stars do. He has proven he can act and has a good stack of credible films to his name. Keanu is lovely , but you have to agree can`t act very well , i think fair play to him though he has made his money. I don`t think theirs anyone i hate to be honest, Oh maybe Chuck Norris he does annoy me, and Stephen Segal should stop making movies , i did love the earier ones Nico , Marked for Death etc , but he looks so old and unfit , it`s no longer believerble he will kick ass. Women wise i don`t like that Ann Heche {sp} i think she did the Psycho remake { what a disaster} oh and i hate Paris Hillton { i think she is now classed as an actress} i liked the film `House Of Wax` but she is evereywhere and i`m sick of the sight of her!. xx
It`s not the breaths you take , it`s what makes you lose one !

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2006, 11:11:08 am »
ORLANDO BLOOM!  Isn't he billed as an A-list actor but he's never carried a movie on his own. I'm thinking of that dreadful Elizabethtown.
He was way out of his depth in TROY but so was everyone else.  He was a nice rentboy in WILDE.  ;)

Well, Harrison Ford needs to give it up. When I see he's going to be in a movie, I know it's going to be crap.  That wasn't always the case.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2006, 11:45:29 am »
Well, Harrison Ford needs to give it up. When I see he's going to be in a movie, I know it's going to be crap.  That wasn't always the case.

I agree.  He's been phoning it in for at least the last 10 years.
No more beans!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2006, 11:52:35 am »
He was way out of his depth in TROY but so was everyone else.

Sorry to disagree with you, bud, but I thought Eric Bana (Hector) was wonderful in Troy--best thing about the film, reason I want to add it to my collection some day.

But who was that goofy--if muscular--blond playing Achilles?  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2006, 02:23:38 pm »
O/T

You mean the one who was devasted when his "cousin" Patroclus got killed. Achilles/Brad Pitt was so emotionally devasted you swear they had been lovers.  ;) We can't have that in summer blockbusters, now can we. Yeah, Brad was all preening for the camera in some of those shots.

Movie reivew of TROY in the FINANCIAL TIMES stated it best.  "NO GODS, NO GAYS."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2006, 03:18:25 pm »
O/T

You mean the one who was devasted when his "cousin" Patroclus got killed. Achilles/Brad Pitt was so emotionally devasted you swear they had been lovers.  ;) We can't have that in summer blockbusters, now can we. Yeah, Brad was all preening for the camera in some of those shots.

Movie reivew of TROY in the FINANCIAL TIMES stated it best.  "NO GODS, NO GAYS."

I guess even the Trojan War needed some comic relief.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2006, 03:35:44 pm »
Colin Farrell.

no thank you.  I love Alexander the Great, and would not go to that film.  No way those eyebrows belonged with that hair.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2006, 03:48:29 pm »
Colin Farrell.

no thank you.  I love Alexander the Great, and would not go to that film.  No way those eyebrows belonged with that hair.

And in The New World, no way did those tatoos belong on a seventeeth-century Englishman.  ;D

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2006, 03:54:05 pm »

Ben Aflfeck. No thank-you!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 04:19:14 pm by Arad-3 »
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "