Author Topic: GET OVER YOURSELF...ERR...STARS AND THEIR BANDWAGONS  (Read 21778 times)

rtprod

Re: GET OVER YOURSELF...ERR...STARS AND THEIR BANDWAGONS
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2006, 06:57:02 pm »
She's a hypocritical, lying, manipulative b i t c h who has glamorized cutting (an issue that is near to me right now but I won't get into it here) and is a poseur for human rights, holed up in hotel in Africa waiting to have to have a baby--and has the African equivalent of state troopers hanging out so the paparrazzi won't take a picture of her, her man, and her kids.

And what movie was she in? Mr & Mrs. Smith? Lara Croft?

Please.

L

No, I'm sorry.  I totally, completely disagree with this.  She's no poser at all in my book, she does not play the celebrity game with the press, is not careful about what she says or does, and lives on her own terms.  I truly believe this.  If you have ever seen her interviewed--Inside the Actor's Studio was a very good one--she radiates confidence and real-ness.  She's one of the few people in this business that I respect for having convictions and understanding how shallow a thing acting can be, and preferring to use her celebrity for other reasons that are humane.  I'm not being Pollyanna-ish about her, I think she is the real deal in a sea of Stepford Wives.  And I think we have to be careful to look at the real picture and not the trumped-up press and paparazzi stalker version.  On top of this, she appears to be a very dedicated single mother.  I once remember her saying that she would not allow a man near her son until she was sure he was of character, and she was fine raising children alone. 

She's also a very talented actress, with an Oscar, three Golden Globes and a Cable-Ace under her belt.  And she has classic movie star looks, rare today.  

Um, Gia?  Wallace? Girl, Interrupted? 

I can say that I personally really love her, and thought she handled the situation with Pitt very gracefully.  

rt
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 07:02:30 pm by rtprod »

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2006, 07:03:09 pm »
There's a good video clip on one of her fan sites of an appearance on the Tonight Show.  I had heard that she went on to confront Jay Leno after he made incest jokes about her and her brother.  Seeing her actually do it was something else - she didn't lose it, but she let him know, very directly and clearly, that his comments hurt her family.  It was impressive. 

Plus homegirl's got an Oscar and three Golden Globes (no Emmys though).

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2006, 07:07:19 pm »
How about Hugh Heffner? I give him credit for creating a successful franchise (whether you like or hate Playboy. Guess most of the people here probably don’t care or hate it  :P).  He can be charming and sharp sometimes, but he needs to get over himself with his fantasy life style and his girl friends.  I don’t need to see them on every show talking about their intimacy, sleeping arrangement, etc. After all, let’s keep in mind that Hugh Heffner is 80 years old, EIGHTY YEARS OLD!  I seriously doubt … Well, let’s not go there.  Something better reminds unspoken. ;D

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2006, 07:07:39 pm »
No, I'm sorry.  I totally, completely disagree with this.  She's no poser at all in my book, she does not play the celebrity game with the press, is not careful about what she says or does, and lives on her own terms.  I truly believe this.  If you have ever seen her interviewed--Inside the Actor's Studio was a very good one--she radiates confidence and real-ness.  She's one of the few people in this business that I respect for having convictions and understanding how shallow a thing acting can be, and preferring to use her celebrity for other reasons that are humane.  I'm not being Pollyanna-ish about her, I think she is the real deal in a sea of Stepford Wives.  And I think we have to be careful to look at the real picture and not the trumped-up press and paparazzi stalker version.  On top of this, she appears to be a very dedicated single mother.  I once remember her saying that she would not allow a man near her son until she was sure he was of character, and she was fine raising children alone. 

She's also a very talented actress, with an Oscar, three Golden Globes and a Cable-Ace under her belt.  And she has classic movie star looks, rare today.  

I can say that I personally really love her, and thought she handled the situation with Pitt very gracefully.  

rt

I like Angelina Jolie.....I LOVED Mr. and Mrs. Smith....I thought she did good.....Brad Pitt is another story....

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2006, 07:12:57 pm »
No, I'm sorry.  I totally, completely disagree with this.  She's no poser at all in my book, she does not play the celebrity game with the press, is not careful about what she says or does, and lives on her own terms.  I truly believe this.  If you have ever seen her interviewed--Inside the Actor's Studio was a very good one--she radiates confidence and real-ness.  She's one of the few people in this business that I respect for having convictions and understanding how shallow a thing acting can be, and preferring to use her celebrity for other reasons that are humane.  I'm not being Pollyanna-ish about her, I think she is the real deal in a sea of Stepford Wives.  And I think we have to be careful to look at the real picture and not the trumped-up press and paparazzi stalker version.  On top of this, she appears to be a very dedicated single mother.  I once remember her saying that she would not allow a man near her son until she was sure he was of character, and she was fine raising children alone. 

She's also a very talented actress, with an Oscar, three Golden Globes and a Cable-Ace under her belt.  And she has classic movie star looks, rare today. 

rt

rt, I am going to preface this with you know I love you and I do...and I really don't feel like debating the merits/demerits of Angelina Jolie, because I don't...but I just have few points to make and then we can be friends again, okay?

1) Inside the Actor's Studio-- yes I saw it, and I was largely where I formed my lying, manipulative opinion of her--I thought the entire thing was an act (okay, maybe she can act) ...this was also where she was showing off her cutting scars and intimating that this is "glamorous" and "appropriate" behavior...I have a young adolescent daughter, believe me, it ain't either
2) This is the woman who vilified her father for breaking up his marriage to have an affair...and said she would NEVER do the same thing. Excuse me? You say she handled the Brad Pitt thing gracefully, I have a different view on that.
3) Single mother, yeah, but those kids turned into Jolie-Pitt awfully fast, I think...
4) The whole UN thing makes my skin crawl

So...even bestest friends can have differences of opinions on some things...at least it's not religion or politics, that would really drive a wedge between us  ;)

hugs
L

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2006, 07:17:27 pm »
And you can't deny that Angelina is gorgeous! 

She defines knock out!

rtprod

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2006, 07:19:42 pm »
Leslie, likewise about you.  

But I really think you're being too cynical on her.  We have the Jolie's of the movie world to remind us how vacant the whole rest of it is.  

1. The cutting thing doesn't bother me and I don't think it was for publicity, actually don't even know that much about it but she has experimented with many things, sexual extremes and otherwise, so it fit quite well in line with who she is.

2. We don't know if they had an affair -- no one knows the timing or the circumstances.  To my memory, while shooting Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Pitt confessed to Aniston that he had strong feelings for Jolie, or that he was in love with her.  I know it sound like it was an affair, but from what I know about her I'm thinking it started officially after that.  

3. No, those kids didn't.  She had Maddox for quite some time prior to meeting Pitt.  And if you fall in love with somone, why not share your life and family together if they have the same desires? There aren't enough good parents in the world to go around.  

4. UN thing doesn't bother me, again because I have listened to her speak and seen her around the world, and I believe it's real.

Movies are religion, dear, so that what we're debating.   ;D

rt

rtprod

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2006, 07:22:18 pm »
Wow I'm taking heat everywhere today!  :o

Let it rip!

rt

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2006, 07:28:09 pm »
Leslie, likewise about you. 

But I really think you're being too cynical on her.  We have the Jolie's of the movie world to remind us how vacant the whole rest of it is. 

1. The cutting thing doesn't bother me and I don't think it was for publicity, actually don't even know that much about it but she has experimented with many things, sexual extremes and otherwise, so it fit quite well in line with who she is.

2. We don't know if they had an affair -- no one knows the timing or the circumstances.  To my memory, while shooting Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Pitt confessed to Aniston that he had strong feelings for Jolie, or that he was in love with her.  I know it sound like it was an affair, but from what I know about her I'm thinking it started officially after that. 

3. No, those kids didn't.  She had Maddox for quite some time prior to meeting Pitt.  And if you fall in love with somone, why not share your life and family together if they have the same desires? There aren't enough good parents in the world to go around. 

4. UN thing doesn't bother me, again because I have listened to her speak and seen her around the world, and I believe it's real.

Movies are religion, dear, so that what we're debating.   ;D

rt

Love,
Like I said, we can agree to disagree, my final point I am taking to a PM.

Everyone else, back to the original discussion...stars that need to get over themselves...

How about Zsa Zsa Gabor? I read a funny arrticle once on stars who exist to be famous because they were once famous, and ZZ was the lead...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2006, 07:28:39 pm »
Wow I'm taking heat everywhere today!  :o

Let it rip!

rt

Well we finally agree on something rt when it comes to Angelina!  And I agree she handled the Pitt situation VERY well...