Author Topic: Congratulation Graduates  (Read 5507 times)

vkm91941

Congratulation Graduates
« on: May 23, 2006, 11:45:10 pm »
I just wanted to offer up a huge Chez Tremblay and Bettermost    WELL DONE      and a tip of the old mortar board to our Class of 2006 graduates....  Brandon(Ennis Del Mar)  :-* Mandy (littleguitar) :-* and Mandy (dmmb Mandy)  :-* ....Cheers to you all! Well done guys! ;D 

If I've missed any grads please feel free to add them.  I still remember how long and hard the road of academia is and I am proud of each and every one of you  8)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 01:39:57 am by vkm91941 »

slayers_creek_oth

Re: Congratulation Graudates
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 12:20:26 am »
Hey I graduated like 2 years ago....don't I get a congrats?  LOL JK

Yes congrats to all you smarties!  Best wishes!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Congratulation Graduates
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 12:49:25 am »
Congratulations to the New Graduates!!
 :) :)

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 01:02:13 am »
  WooHoo!  Well done.  Don't it feel good!  
~A good general knows when to retreat~

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 01:36:29 am »
Thanks so much!!  :-* It's 3am here now and I have to be up at 7:30am to get ready for my grad 'cause I have to be there by 9! *nervous* I'm so clumsy, I'm gonna trip I know it. I'll end up tripping on stage and falling right into the Dean's crotch!!  :-\

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 04:33:00 am »
Enjoy the day Mandy(and to Brandon and Mandy when it comes) ..you generally only get one! and funnily enough I thought I was gonna do the same thing, but didn't - just don't do 'a ray' and drink beforehand!!

Congrats all..now the partuying can really begin!

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 01:13:44 pm »
BTW, Congrats to Sheyne (hippo) too who graduated this year (less than a couple of months ago) as well!  :-*

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 03:59:22 pm »
Thanks everyone!!  ;D

And congrats again Mandy and Brandon! Mandy, make sure to let us know how it went today!!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 05:47:20 pm »
As a recent social work school grad, a big ROCK ON to everyone from the class of 06! 

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 05:54:18 pm »
Congratulations to all the recent BetterMost Graduates!

It has been a while for me.  Oh, how I miss the times I was in college, the age of innocence.  But don’t let me dampen your celebration mood!  Enjoy your time and “Sky is the limit” right now.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 06:18:00 pm »
I can't take any glory, but I would like to mention that my daughter, the only person willing to go with me to see BBM, is graduating from high school Saturday, and will be off shortly to Ireland and Brussels and then on to Boulder, Colorado, for college, abandoning me with two neanderthal men and a steer dog!!  :'(
"chewing gum and duct tape"

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 11:56:09 pm »
Hey everyone. Congrats to your daughter, Front! Wow, I hope she has a great time travelling.

So my grad today went well. I didn't trip. But at the end of the grad, they played "The Ode to Newfoundland" and we grads and all the audience had to sing it. See, technically the province is "Newfoundland and Labrador" (and I'm originally from the Labrador part) but everyone just says "Newfoundland". So the last sentence of the ode goes "God guard thee Newfoundland", and right afterwards when it went quiet, a man yelled out "AND LABRADOR", and a few random people laughed. I thought "who was that? Embarrassing but kinda funny anyway!" Turns out it was MY DAD!! LOL

But anyway, the ceremony was very nice. The graduate part was typical, but afterwards they gave an honourary degree to this man who came to live in Newfoundland a long while ago, a man who survived the Holocaust. He was at Auschwitz. I remember meeting him two summers ago in my hometown when I worked at this Museum Artifact Hall for the summer. He wanted to see Labrador, and meeting him was incredible. Prisoner 97806. He lost his entire family there. When he was denied his request to come to Canada in 1946, Newfoundland welcomed him (Newfoundland was not a part of Canada until 1949). He started crying when they gave him the degree. He spoke about when he first came to Newfoundland and how everyone was so nice to him, asking him if he needed/wanted anything, and he said: "Me? No, nothing. I don't need anything! I just want to be a free man." Wow! He had most of the women and men in tears, and my makeup ran everywhere, but I didn't care. (If you wanna hear what he said, go to: http://www.mun.ca/convocation/honorary/spring_2006.php. He's Philip Riteman, the second man there, and you can listen to what he addressed.)

My parents and a good friend came to my grad, and we came home where my mom had flowers and cake and such. And we went out for a great supper tonight. Very nice. It feels good to have accomplished this. I don't have the pics up yet, but what I can post is a pic that we took with my cam phone (it's small and shitty 'cause it was taken with the phone), but I'll post it anyway:

(and yes, I'm as tall as my dad! lol. 5"10.)

Thanks again to everyone for their kind words.  :-*

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2006, 12:07:09 am »
Mandy, you look adorable!  Your parents look like really nice people.  I'm so happy for you.
Good job girl!!
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 12:35:02 am »
Thanks!  :-* But it was fucking COLD and I didn't even fake a smile, lol!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 12:38:32 am »
Cheers for sharing the ceremony with us Mandy!  ;)

When you mentioned the quote by the gentleman receiving the honorary degree, where he said "Me? No, nothing. I don't need anything! I just want to be a free man." - for some  reason, I thought of Ennis!  Sounds like something he'd say. :)

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 12:42:50 am »
Congratulations baby!  Well done for staying upright!
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2006, 01:02:38 am »
Mandy what a sweet story...that's so touching.  And I love the pics with your folks, they must be so proud.  In the spirit of the festivities, here is me with my nieces who came to my graduation back in January....

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2006, 12:22:57 pm »
Juan, cute nieces you got there, and you look nice in the picture too!

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2006, 12:39:59 pm »
Merci beaucoup.  Yeah those are my girls, 14 and 15 already, yeesh!

Juan