Author Topic: Favorite snacks  (Read 16538 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Favorite snacks
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2008, 12:36:21 am »
Oh I love raw cookie dough too! I sometimes open up a log of chocolate chip cookie dough when I'm depressed! lol

This and a large cup of milk is my food when I have a bad case of the flu.  I remember being so miserable one night, sick, feverish, nauseous, unable to sleep, I finally got up at 3 am, drove to a 24 hour grocery store, bought a log of chocolate chip cookie dough, came back home and ate some of it with a fork and a glass of milk.

Settled my stomach, I felt better and went to bed.

Come to think of it, shouldn't cookies and ice cream go without saying on a 'favorite snack' list?  Most everyone likes both or one or the other.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2008, 01:20:48 am »
This and a large cup of milk is my food when I have a bad case of the flu.  I remember being so miserable one night, sick, feverish, nauseous, unable to sleep, I finally got up at 3 am, drove to a 24 hour grocery store, bought a log of chocolate chip cookie dough, came back home and ate some of it with a fork and a glass of milk.

Settled my stomach, I felt better and went to bed.

Come to think of it, shouldn't cookies and ice cream go without saying on a 'favorite snack' list?  Most everyone likes both or one or the other.

It SHOULD probably go without saying Del, but it's fun to talk about isn't it? My Mom used to let me lick the mixer beaters when I was a kid. I always loved doing that. I would get the beaters, and my sister would get the mixer bowl, or the other way around! lol

Cookie dough was always my favorite. :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2008, 09:55:06 pm »
Where to start

Hokey pokey icecream

chocolate in any form

when my parents left the house I used to raid the sweetened condensed milk by the table spoonful

potato cakes when I have the flu (mashed potato, flour, sugar made into a dough, then made into cookie shapes and baked in the oven), when brown and crispy remove from oven, slice the centre and put in a dob of butter....the butter does have the habit of runnin down yr chin tho.

chips with french onion dip
candy floss
strawberries dipped in chocolate

I am so HUNGRY now gotta do down to the dairy (Corner shop) and get me something naughty but nice!!!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2008, 10:15:53 pm »
Candy apples
greasy buttered popcorn

injest

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2008, 12:30:22 am »
Where to start

Hokey pokey icecream

chocolate in any form

when my parents left the house I used to raid the sweetened condensed milk by the table spoonful

potato cakes when I have the flu (mashed potato, flour, sugar made into a dough, then made into cookie shapes and baked in the oven), when brown and crispy remove from oven, slice the centre and put in a dob of butter....the butter does have the habit of runnin down yr chin tho.

chips with french onion dip
candy floss
strawberries dipped in chocolate

I am so HUNGRY now gotta do down to the dairy (Corner shop) and get me something naughty but nice!!!

I gotta find some of this Hokey Pokey ice cream I keep hearing about!

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline ZK

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2008, 07:10:09 pm »
Hey Injest you just got to try it. Us kiwis are the third largest group of ice cream consumers behind the US and Australia. Hokey Pokey is the national favourite:

Hokey pokey Recipe

5 Tbs. sugar

1 tsp. baking soda

2 Tbs. golden syrup

Bring sugar and golden syrup to a boil slowly, stirring constantly. Simmer over very low heat for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until a deep golden-brown color. Be careful not to allow it to burn.

Remove from heat, add baking soda. Stir quickly until mixture froths - pour at once into a well greased shallow tin.

Allow to cool, break up (for ease in breaking, place in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin). Store in air-tight jars.

When ready to serve, mix into softened vanilla ice cream and enjoy!

injest

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2008, 08:09:48 pm »
Hey Injest you just got to try it. Us kiwis are the third largest group of ice cream consumers behind the US and Australia. Hokey Pokey is the national favourite:

Hokey pokey Recipe

5 Tbs. sugar

1 tsp. baking soda

2 Tbs. golden syrup

Bring sugar and golden syrup to a boil slowly, stirring constantly. Simmer over very low heat for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until a deep golden-brown color. Be careful not to allow it to burn.

Remove from heat, add baking soda. Stir quickly until mixture froths - pour at once into a well greased shallow tin.

Allow to cool, break up (for ease in breaking, place in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin). Store in air-tight jars.

When ready to serve, mix into softened vanilla ice cream and enjoy!

see my friend told me about this stuff....but I dont' have it here!!!

Offline ZK

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2008, 08:28:51 pm »
What life without Golden syrup??? thats dreadful, tell ya what pm your address and I will send you some!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2008, 09:44:22 pm »
They sell this carmel (caramel?) dip around here and it comes in a jar. It's VERY good and I love to dip apple slices in it. I forget the brand name of it, but the next time I go to the grocery store, I'm buying another jar of it. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ZK

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2008, 10:05:02 pm »
I dunno about you but I think my grocery bill is going to grow by 10 percent since reading this! ;D hate to think what my what it'll do to my waist line....do I care?? nah ;D