Author Topic: Famous People.  (Read 17539 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Famous People.
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2006, 04:12:04 am »

and the one I am most proud of: Richard Bacon! Hahaha :laugh: Most of you wont know who he is but Kelda might, anyway I was joking.

mwhahahahahahahahahhahhhhhh!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2006, 12:04:12 pm »
He's the actor who plays the guy with the bad-tasting "funky spunk" on Sex and the City that Samantha goes down on.  Some might remember him that way.  He IS very cute. 

yes! funky spunk! he is a cutie.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2006, 07:59:28 pm »
Very tasteful t-shirt, Hugh.
I bought the t-shirt for $3 NZ (about $2 US) at a street stall, and gave it away to a stange woman who begged it of me at the Big Gay Out (a sort of Pride Fair), because I was feeling karmic. She gave me her long-sleeved one in exchange. Unfortunately I can't replicate it for http://www.cafepress.com/wero because of Hard Rock Cafe's copyright.

I'm pleased that I know who both those people with you are.
Yes, no-one has ever looked at that picture and said "Who are those guys with you, Hugh?"

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2006, 05:44:08 am »
Apparently there was a golf fundraiser here in Maine recently (hard to believe since it has been raining for weeks but I guess it cleared up for a few minutes). A friend was participating and among the players were George Bush (dad, not the prez), Barbara Bush, Bill Clinton, and Tom Brady.

Most people were most excited about Tom Brady, btw.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline kudzudaddy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2006, 06:57:56 am »
It was back in the 70s in New York.  I had been to an audition in some tall skyscraper.  I stepped into the elevator which was empty except for -- Leontyne Price.  I got in.  Tongue-tied, I finally found the courage to ask, "Excuse me, aren't you Leontine Price?"  She turned her head slowly and looked down her nose at me (she is tall, statuesque)  "Well," she drawled, "I'm what's left of her."
I blithered on about what a fan I was (her voice was a true wonder) finally asking if she would be playing Bess in the Met's then upcoming production of Porgy and Bess.

"No, honey," she replied, "... one trip to Catfish Row is enough!"

With that we arrrived at the lobby, the elevator doors opened and she sailed out like a frigate under sail.

Fast forward to the late 60s.   I'm early for an audition at one of those very large rehearsal studios.  I'm hanging in the hallway... waiting for my name to be called.  Down the long hallway comes Teresa Stratas -- she was rehearsing for a show called "Rags" at the time...  she was wearing a large rehearsal skirt and was deeply focussed on something, looking neither to the right or left, walking slowly down the hallway.  As she passed me, I blurted out, "Ms. Stratas, I have to tell you that "La Traviata" is not only the best Opera film ever made (Starring Stratas and Domingo, directed by Zeffirelli) but one of the best films, period!"

Silence.  She made no acknowledgement, merely kept walking slowly down the hall.  Having lived in NYC for a long time, I accepted this...  She was clearly "working" on something.... oblivious to her surroundings.  I watched her traverse the long hall, enjoying my brush with greatness.

As she approached the corner, she turned her head very slightly in my direction.

"... always nice to hear..."  she chirped.  And disappeared around the corner.

Offline kudzudaddy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2006, 07:02:52 am »
It was back in the 70s in New York.  I had been to an audition in some tall skyscraper.  I stepped into the elevator which was empty except for -- Leontyne Price.  I got in.  Tongue-tied, I finally found the courage to ask, "Excuse me, aren't you Leontine Price?"  She turned her head slowly and looked down her nose at me (she is tall, statuesque)  "Well," she drawled, "I'm what's left of her."
I blithered on about what a fan I was (her voice was a true wonder) finally asking if she would be playing Bess in the Met's then upcoming production of Porgy and Bess.

With that we arrrived at the lobby, the elevator doors opened and she sailed out like a frigate under sail.

Fast forward to the late 80s.   I'm early for an audition at one of those very large rehearsal studios.  I'm hanging in the hallway... waiting for my name to be called.  Down the long hallway comes Teresa Stratas -- she was rehearsing for a show called "Rags" at the time...  she was wearing a large rehearsal skirt and was deeply focussed on something, looking neither to the right or left, walking slowly down the hallway.  As she passed me, I blurted out, "Ms. Stratas, I have to tell you that "La Traviata" is not only the best Opera film ever made (Starring Stratas and Domingo, directed by Zeffirelli) but one of the best films, period!"

Silence.  She made no acknowledgement, merely kept walking slowly down the hall.  Having lived in NYC for a long time, I accepted this...  She was clearly "working" on something.... oblivious to her surroundings.  I watched her traverse the long hall, enjoying my brush with greatness.

As she approached the corner, she turned her head very slightly in my direction.

moremojo

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2006, 01:57:55 pm »

Fast forward to the late 80s.   I'm early for an audition at one of those very large rehearsal studios.  I'm hanging in the hallway... waiting for my name to be called.  Down the long hallway comes Teresa Stratas -- she was rehearsing for a show called "Rags" at the time...  she was wearing a large rehearsal skirt and was deeply focussed on something, looking neither to the right or left, walking slowly down the hallway.  As she passed me, I blurted out, "Ms. Stratas, I have to tell you that "La Traviata" is not only the best Opera film ever made (Starring Stratas and Domingo, directed by Zeffirelli) but one of the best films, period!"

True divas, in every sense of the word. Thanks for those interesting stories, kudzu. Price and Stratas are both living legends, and I congratulate you on your close encounters with those grande dames. My friend Mark remembers the frisson he would get from visiting a shopping mall in Dallas that Maria Callas had been known to patronize.

Cheers, from sometimes opera queen Scott ;)

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2006, 03:37:25 pm »
Juan's story made me think, "what if I ever met one of the few celebrities who I really cherish... and I was wasted?"

Just imagine, it'd be my chance to gush to Ang Lee or Heath or Jake about how incredible Brokeback is, etc. and I'd make an ass out of myself.  :laugh:
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger