Author Topic: Jake and sister acted in Heaths 2 most iconic films  (Read 1979 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Jake and sister acted in Heaths 2 most iconic films
« on: April 22, 2008, 11:43:13 pm »
It just struck me today, that the 2 films which may end up being lauded as Heath's finest acting moments both also star a Gyllenhaal.
BBM, Heaths tour de force IMO, also starred Jake Gyllenhaal. It now looks as if his performance in The Dark Knight may well be another masterpiece, and that film has Maggie Gyllenhaal playing a role as well.
It seems vaguely disconcerting.An article in one journal,name evades me at the moment,states that Maggie befriended Heath during filming.So allegedly Both Gyllenhaals were friends to Heath.There seems such a strong connection between them all. I know you cannot believe everything you read in papers etc,but unless I have missed something,there has been no comment from either of them.
Yet others who had only the most tenuous links with Heath have voiced their sadness.
Please feel free to correct me if I have got this wrong.I only cottoned on to it when I saw a publicity still showing Maggie and Heath.Which got the old grey matter pondering.The Gyllenhaals almost seemed like an extended family.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Jake and sister acted in Heaths 2 most iconic films
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 05:15:22 pm »
During an interview some time ago (after his death), Maggie was asked about working with Heath and she of course praised him saying he was a great actor and great to work with. That's what i read. I didn't see the interview myself.

Yet others who had only the most tenuous links with Heath have voiced their sadness.

I wouldn't agree with that. Also those who were close to him voiced their sadness, like his family and friends. And i believe the colleagues who payed tribute to him were also affected by his untimely death! That's what i think at least!