Author Topic: Dreaming of Heath...  (Read 48264 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Dreaming of Heath...
« on: April 27, 2008, 09:58:21 am »
This is very strange.  And yet, not.  Heath has been appearing in my dreams pretty much every night for the last two weeks.  Not generally in any macabre way, but as if he is someone I know who is still very much alive.  He is kind of a brother figure in the dreams.  I've never dreamt of him in all my Brokeback/Ennis loving days.  Ennis and Jack have appeared before, but never Heath or Jake.

This isn't strange, really, because my Dad is dying.  He is currently under hospice care in his home and his time is running very short.  I went up to NC to spend time with him and my stepmom and to say goodbye last week.  He is just a shell, now, of the man he used to be, thanks to the evil bitch that is glioblastoma (grade 4 brain cancer) and her evil sister, Temador (chemo"therapy").

Shortly after my Mom died many years ago, I had dreams of people I had greatly admired but never known personally who had passed before her.  I think it's the mind's way of dealing with the death of someone very close - the death of someone who was admired - loved, even - but distant - is easier. 

In this case, though, I awake comforted, feeling at least for a little bit that Heath is still with us.
No more beans!

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Dreaming of Heath...
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 10:02:09 am »
Good that you have such dreams.

I am praying for your dad!

And for you too!!

Take care,

hugs!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 10:05:52 am »
Barb,

I'm glad that Heath is giving you comfort at this very difficult time for you. Thank you for sharing this with us.

My thoughts are with you and your family...

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 10:10:20 am »
Barb, I'm sad to hear about your dad, glad to see you here.  :-*

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 10:39:39 am »
Personally, I think Heath has been dropping in on lots of folks--he's been very present in my mind the past week or so. If folks remember, he came to me on January 24th and we had a nice conversation (the little quote in my signature line comes from that). The other night he was back and he told me again, he didn't leave to make us all sad. I told him, "I know that, but lots of folks are still having a hard time dealing with you being gone, myself included." He just nodded and said he understood.

Barb, I am glad he found his way to you. I am so sorry for your dad, but thank God for hospice!

Hugs,

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 11:00:06 am »
I hope no one shoots me for this, but here goes anyway. I honestly think, that all these dreams of Heath are just that, dreams. Most of you who have said that Heath appeared to you have always been in bed when this happens and it,s always at night right? So presumably you arn,t sitting up in bed with a cup of coffee reading a book, your asleep. I find it very hard to beleive that all of a sudden Heath Ledger just appears to random people, some of whom he doesn,t even know for a chat. Why does this always happen at night? Why not during the day when your doing the washing up or the shopping? Sorry but I,m very cynical about all this, and I simply think that your all having dreams about him, very vivid ones obviously but dreams nevertheless. Thats just my opinion and I honestly mean no offence to anyone so please don,t shoot me for it.  :)
BTW Barb I,m sorry to hear about your father.  Thats very sad, but at least his final days on this earth will be peacful and pain free, well I certainly hope so anyway.  :-*

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 11:23:59 am »
Oh, I don't think he's really visiting me.  I think my mind is conjuring him up for me to help get itself through this awful time - I think our minds are incredibly powerful things.  They can both destroy and resurrect us - sometimes both at once.

I had a dream several months after my Mom died that she and I were walking hand in hand in this field of vibrant green grass - green the very color of newly budded leaves in the Spring, and it was literally vibrating with the color.  She let go of my hand, and smiling back at me, disappeared into the mist.  I awoke feeling very much at peace - that she was free of pain and sorrow and in a better place.  And I didn't then and still don't believe in an afterlife, yet the dream gave me peace.  Again, my mind's way of easing the weight of missing her so much.  I feel that same peace now whenever I see that color for real.  I saw it in England several years later when I went there for the first time, and I saw it outside my parents' house, in the green of the newly budded leaves on all their many, many trees in their wooded lot.  A flood of peace flowed over me again when I saw it.  The mind is a powerful thing, and its drive to survive awful times can be incredibly strong.
No more beans!

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 06:58:18 pm »
Barb  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Next time he visits any one of you, can you please send him to my house? I'll PM you the address. I miss him so much, I, I, I just miss him so much.

Heathen

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 08:43:13 pm »
Barb  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Next time he visits any one of you, can you please send him to my house? I'll PM you the address. I miss him so much, I, I, I just miss him so much.

I'll try to open a channel to you, Roux. We both have tattoos, I think that is a good way to bring him close.

Open your mind, open your heart. It works, it really does.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 08:50:28 pm »
Heath is just part of happiness, even in dreams, and that is great!!