Author Topic: Dreaming of Heath...  (Read 48262 times)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: Dreaming of Heath...
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 10:38:13 pm »
It is Heath's "moving" that was the catalyst for me to look beyond what I "know" to be true. Hearing of others' dreams about him and about Michelle's visits with him (don't know how true that is) gives me enormous-and I do mean BIG-comfort. Intellectually, I believe there exists an entire world comprised of what I don't know and what I don't know I don't know but emotionally my tendency was towards skepticism. Heath has completely turned that around and now I totally embrace all things being possible. In the halcyon days of BbM, I dreamed of E&J pretty much every night. Not so much anymore and never H & J.  But H is on my mind all the time- I am just trying to move that to the next level, whatever that may be.

Leslie, I had my tattoo tweaked and now it is just about just right.

Heathen

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008, 10:04:32 am »

OK, so I'm here to report on a really unusual Heath-related dream that I had last night.  It's unusual in lots of ways... and one of which is that I very rarely remember my dreams at all.  But, this one was very vivid and very cool. 

In the dream I was walking through a big gallery filled with lots of contemporary art of all sorts of different styles, sizes and colors.  And all the pieces were listed on the gallery wall as being by a wide variety of different artists.  But, as I walked through the room and looked at each work, I kept having epiphanies that each work had been mis-attributed by whoever hung the art on the walls.  As I walked along, I disovered that each of the (very different looking) works of art were in fact made by Heath Ledger.  So, in the process of this I felt like I was discovering that Heath was secretly a really talented painter and got all excited about the idea of collecting his art.

Anyway, that was the gist of it. There was more to it than that, but that's the basic outline.  Do any Heathens out there know if Heath ever made any attempts at studio art?

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2008, 10:55:48 am »

OK, so I'm here to report on a really unusual Heath-related dream that I had last night.  It's unusual in lots of ways... and one of which is that I very rarely remember my dreams at all.  But, this one was very vivid and very cool. 

In the dream I was walking through a big gallery filled with lots of contemporary art of all sorts of different styles, sizes and colors.  And all the pieces were listed on the gallery wall as being by a wide variety of different artists.  But, as I walked through the room and looked at each work, I kept having epiphanies that each work had been mis-attributed by whoever hung the art on the walls.  As I walked along, I disovered that each of the (very different looking) works of art were in fact made by Heath Ledger.  So, in the process of this I felt like I was discovering that Heath was secretly a really talented painter and got all excited about the idea of collecting his art.

Anyway, that was the gist of it. There was more to it than that, but that's the basic outline.  Do any Heathens out there know if Heath ever made any attempts at studio art?

That's a great dream, Amanda.  Coincidentally, Mini-Meno and I just read a book called "Museum Trip" yesterday, by Barbara Lehman, where a kid walks through a museum and incidental to the story, there are renderings of many famous paintings and sculptures lining the walls.  The story never mentions the art, but I recognized most of them.  I'm sure you would recognize all of them.

Anyway, in terms of visual art by Heath, I think of the five videos of his that we know he directed.  The four I've seen in their entirety have quite a graphic arts flavor to them.

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 01:10:57 pm »
I can't remember where I have read it but I swear some time back to have read something about him saying something along the line of "If my career isn't successful I can always paint".
BbM, I swear

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2008, 04:37:35 pm »
I also remember reading that Heath had done quite a bit of painting.  He was a real Renaissance man.  8)

Amanda, that's a great dream, not only because you're in the art field yourself, but because of all the attention given lately to the portrait of Heath by Vincent Fantauzzo.  On a psychic level, I think we all absorbed Heath's intense creative energy.  You translated it beautifully in your own terms.

Some time ago, I had a brief dream about Heath.  We were friends, and he was showing me the cover of a new book about film.  The cover was a photo of an audience listening to a lecture.  Right in the middle sat Heath, and I was next to him.  Needless to say, I woke up very happy.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2008, 09:50:48 am »
Needless to say, I woke up very happy.  8)

The same happened to me last week. I also dreamed of Heath and woke up feeling happy. I don't remember the dream, only how I saw him standing there (don't know where) and that we talked.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2008, 02:34:38 pm »
I can't remember where I have read it but I swear some time back to have read something about him saying something along the line of "If my career isn't successful I can always paint".

I found this at mtv.com:

Ledger also enjoyed painting.

"I love what I do, but if it all came crashing down, it wouldn't be the end of the world," he told The Sunday Times in 2000. "I'd just sit on my arse and paint."

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2008, 04:16:03 am »

I found this at mtv.com:

Ledger also enjoyed painting.

"I love what I do, but if it all came crashing down, it wouldn't be the end of the world," he told The Sunday Times in 2000. "I'd just sit on my arse and paint."

That's it Fran! that's what I read! Thank you for finding it.
BbM, I swear

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2008, 01:30:59 pm »
That's it Fran! that's what I read! Thank you for finding it.

You're welcome.  :)

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2008, 11:56:12 pm »
you know, i'm slightly surprised this thread isn't even a month old yet.  i would have thought lots of folks were dreaming of Heath.  maybe people are just reluctant to talk about their dreams. 

back in the brokeback fever heyday, i never really dreamt of jack and ennis.  i fell asleep with them on my mind, woke up thinking about them, but it wasn't really dreaming... just an ongoing continuation of the previous night's thoughts.  i did have an occasional jake and heath dream.  they were never in my dreams together and the dreams had nothing to do with their lives, only mine.  my 'favorite' heath dream is one when he cured me of cancer.  I had horrible cancer of the mouth (in my dream), and somehow, he made it all go away.

one of the more recent dreams (i.e since his death) - i spoke with him, like it was a regular day, about how he was doing, and all in all, things seemed fine, not perfect, but fine...  later on in the dream, i was talking with Leslie, who had spoken with him separately and we were sort of comparing notes... checking that we were both satisfied with how he was doing.  and we were.

the other night - i just had scattering images of dreams (no true plot per se) but I woke up thinking, 'oh, heath was there in one of the scenes'

"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."