Author Topic: Tip toe thru my tulips - and more '08  (Read 104947 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Tip toe thru my tulips - and more '08
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2008, 11:06:59 pm »
I think these are ornamental sage. Well whatever they are, they loved being transplanted twice last year. I got em in their original bed, a few in the temporary bed behind the garage and here - in the front near the sidewalk - where Jess' daylily grew last year - wonder if those daylilies will flower this year ...  :(

You'll also see a couple a peonies - the yellow one has produced a lot more this year than last year
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2008, 11:08:19 pm »
I think these are ornamental sage. Well whatever they are, they loved being transplanted twice last year. I got em in their original bed, a few in the temporary bed behind the garage and here - in the front near the sidewalk - where Jess' daylily grew last year - wonder if those daylilies will flower this year ...  :(
You'll also see a couple a peonies - the yellow one has produced a lot more this year than last year[/center]

they BETTER!!   >:( >:(

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2008, 11:12:01 pm »
Not a great picture of the virginia bells. Thought I'd try and get a group picture of em - seeing as they're producing quite a lot this year. Last year, I think I took a lot of close ups.

Last year was the first year they flowered in this new area. They may need to be seperated again at the end of this year.

this photo is the same flower bed as the previous one - except this one's looking towards the street
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2008, 11:15:19 pm »
English primrose - an annual that ALWAYS comes back & gives a great show. They're growing in the jungle (next to the stoop) where the ferns have just about taken over. Now THERE's another plant I need to pot & sell  ;D

injest

« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2008, 11:15:34 pm »
I don't remember the Virginia Bells....they seem so delicate!

injest

« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2008, 11:16:51 pm »
English primrose - an annual that ALWAYS comes back & gives a great show. They're growing in the jungle (next to the stoop) where the ferns have just about taken over. Now THERE's another plant I need to pot & sell  ;D

I love the red buds!! how pretty! that would make a good screen saver....*ahem*

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2008, 11:21:24 pm »
OK

Now to the back yard - where we've planted 24 - yea 24 tomato plants - 20 days ago. Seem to be doing just fine.

The 8 plants Bryan bought cost him 1$ a piece and were larger than mine (they're all in the left row). All the others are mine - & cost about 0,25$ each (4 / 0,99$ + tax)

Like I said, they're all doing just fine. The colour's from the marigolds we planted in between em (tomatoes love marigold - and onions and garlic and stinging nettle and ...)

now if only we also got some heat ...

injest

« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2008, 11:25:29 pm »
drats....look at those beeyoutimus tomato plants and mine ain't doing a thing!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2008, 11:27:20 pm »
Finally ... Bryan's most recent extravagance

He paid 90$ for two rhododendrons and I don't know how much for those little 'dwarf reblooming lilacs'

Then he goes & plants them where the walkway use to be ... Now, how am I suppose to water the tomatoes - and the beets and the peas & the beans & the snow peas? - when it stops raining ...

« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 01:24:50 pm by Sheriff Roland »

injest

« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2008, 12:05:43 am »
here is my desktop now...

remember? it is for the fall!

:)