Author Topic: Brokeback Mountain and peoples lives.  (Read 13875 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Brokeback Mountain and peoples lives.
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 10:11:25 pm »
I find it healthy to be think often about the BM movie and Annie's story !!

Does anyone else think so ??

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 11:36:12 pm »
I find it healthy to be think often about the BM movie and Annie's story !!

Does anyone else think so ??

I think it is very healthy. I think the ss and film resonate very deeply with different people for a multitude of reasons.
The one common thread would seem to be love lost and or, chances and opportunities missed or just not taken. That is why male or female,gay or straight we can all take something from BBM.
That is unless we have led perfectly idyllic lives where everything has gone our way from day one.Or we are so arrogant to believe that we are infallible.
Looking at so many posts,it strikes me over and over that BBM has caused so many people to re evaluate aspects of their lives.How can that be anything but healthy.
It also opens up our minds to others view point, again healthy.
From a purely selfish point of view,for me now I no longer work,it provides an opportunity for stimulating discussion,which makes me feel alive and still part of the human race.
Of course I love it, so my reply is naturally somewhat biased.
Compared to how many times each of Shakespears plays have been analysed and dissected,and by how many probably hundreds of thousands of people.I think our BBM fest is a mere drop in a bucket.There simply cannot be one word he ever wrote which has not been put under the literary microscope.
The big difference here is that is a voluntary thing,not coercion.So surely that is even more healthy.
Do I think we all suffer from O.C.D.? no. I do think we are probably a little more sensitive and maybe battle scarred than others.Hence the effect BBM has on us.Lets face it,there are worse things to obsess over.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 10:45:11 am »
Merci optom !

Your post is again brilliant  !!

It is refreshing to read it !!

And, we continue to find news about Annie's story !!

That too makes us healthy, may I say !!

Anything, your think had not been talked about the BM movie or story yet ?

Au revoir,
hugs!