Author Topic: Barack Obama vs. John McCain  (Read 59178 times)

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Barack Obama vs. John McCain
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 08:54:22 am »
I agree with DaveinIndy's line of thinking at the moment at least.  Of course, it will be interesting to see how McCain and Obama fare in the debates. Of course, the Republicans have so much baggage as it is, the war being at the top.  What will the economy be like in November? What will the price of gas be like in November?

I don't know what the future of gay rights movement is if we get another Republican in office. Will the movement just fade away?? The movement got re energized when Clinton got elected. Remember when Clinton invited Ellen and her partner to the White House.  There were so many many breakthroughs.

With McCain,  ENDA won't stand a change of being enacted. Gays will still be kicked out of the military. I don't expect any "out" gays to be appointed to positions of visibility in a Republican administration.  More of the status quo.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 09:57:18 am »
Even more likely, the right to privacy - the right to chose an abortion - is likely to be overturned. Do you really need even more 'conservatives' on your supreme court?

Apparently there are already enough conservative judges on your supreme court to overturn Wade vs Roe. This IS more than about whether or not Obama has enough experience as a leader or who his preacher was. This is an important election. Though I can't imagine folks not putting two and two together and figuring out that the war against Iraq is a significant contributing factor in the failing economy. And McSame has promissed to steer the course in the Middle East.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 10:35:11 am »
Even more likely, the right to privacy - the right to chose an abortion - is likely to be overturned. Do you really need even more 'conservatives' on your supreme court?

Apparently there are already enough conservative judges on your supreme court to overturn Wade vs Roe. This IS more than about whether or not Obama has enough experience as a leader or who his preacher was. This is an important election. Though I can't imagine folks not putting two and two together and figuring out that the war against Iraq is a significant contributing factor in the failing economy. And McSame has promissed to steer the course in the Middle East.

well there is also the consideration though Roland that if he is in fact very religious....then  we know how they are....and we would definitely have problems...I wouldn't want someone that fundamental in the        White house..

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2008, 11:32:59 am »
People can be religious without it becomng their politics too. Not everyone's like the U.S. has been (these last numbr of years), or Arab nations. Not every country is a theocracy ... even the States didn't use to be - once.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Clyde-B

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2008, 11:42:00 am »

I have exactly the same reservations about McCain.

I have never seen this country so heavily in debt and having an economy propped up by the willingness of its citizens to go into personal debt, while at the same time our business leaders are so willing to put them out of work.   We are the closest to the very brink that I have ever seen us and our only allegiances seem to be to power and money.

I don't know that our country can survive four more years of the same.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 09:59:54 pm »
Anyone looking for a Clinton/Obama ticket is hoping against hope, I fear.

I could be wrong, but -- seems like a pipe dream.

Anyone have an idea about who might become J. McCain's running mate?
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2008, 03:14:24 am »

What about an Obama/Clinton ticket Shasta? What do you think about that? Is it possible?

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2008, 03:15:49 am »
And Hillary Clinton scares me. She's a Republican in sheep's clothing, I think.

She keeps flip flopping on the issues at hand, and I don't like it at all. >:(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2008, 03:19:29 am »

John McCain's running mate? Mitt Romney.

Just wait and see if I'm not correct.

injest

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2008, 03:21:47 am »

John McCain's running mate? Mitt Romney.

Just wait and see if I'm not correct.

yuck