Author Topic: Star Wars The Clone Wars  (Read 6037 times)

injest

Star Wars The Clone Wars
« on: May 09, 2008, 06:33:46 pm »

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Star Wars The Clone Wars
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 02:32:59 pm »
I am now.   ;D

I need to get back over to TFnet.com and see what everyone is saying about it.  How f'd up it's going to make the canon, etc.

injest

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 04:15:34 am »
I am now.   ;D

I need to get back over to TFnet.com and see what everyone is saying about it.  How f'd up it's going to make the canon, etc.

with all the books and comics and all...you KNOW it is gonna screw up something!

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 09:26:06 pm »
with all the books and comics and all...you KNOW it is gonna screw up something!

Of course.  I'm hoping not, but George Lucas could fuck up a wet dream.  I'll wait for the spoilers, then make up my mind whether to watch it or not.

injest

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 09:38:19 pm »
I know the books 'jumped the shark' when that whole vong or whatever showed up and killed everyone!

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 10:30:55 pm »
I know the books 'jumped the shark' when that whole vong or whatever showed up and killed everyone!

I ignore the New Jedi Order series.  They're so full of idiocies and soap opera histrionics that it makes you realize that the Old Jedi Order had it right when they said no possession and no families.  Luke does the Jedi a disservice.  I wouldn't give the NJO Jedi a sharp stick let alone let them be representatives of the New Republic.  They might do something dramatic with said sharp stick while fighting with their parents, siblings, mooning over their gf or bf, husbands or wives or ex-spouses/lovers.

Sheesh!!  ::)

injest

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 10:40:37 pm »
I ignore the New Jedi Order series.  They're so full of idiocies and soap opera histrionics that it makes you realize that the Old Jedi Order had it right when they said no possession and no families.  Luke does the Jedi a disservice.  I wouldn't give the NJO Jedi a sharp stick let alone let them be representatives of the New Republic.  They might do something dramatic with said sharp stick while fighting with their parents, siblings, mooning over their gf or bf, husbands or wives or ex-spouses/lovers.

Sheesh!!  ::)

LOL!!!

tell us how you really feel!!

I really liked the Xwing books...did you read those?

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 10:41:44 pm »
LOL!!!

tell us how you really feel!!

I really liked the Xwing books...did you read those?

No, I've just now noticed them.  Who is in them?

injest

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 10:44:16 pm »
No, I've just now noticed them.  Who is in them?

they focus almost exclusively on the actual squadron and the various pilots....Wedge Antilles rebuilds it and they go on various missions...

they really are great, I would recommend them. very compelling.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 11:06:49 pm »
they focus almost exclusively on the actual squadron and the various pilots....Wedge Antilles rebuilds it and they go on various missions...

they really are great, I would recommend them. very compelling.

I'll pick one up and see if I like them.

injest

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 11:36:54 pm »
try to read them in order...they go in a chronological order and build on each one...

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 11:45:07 pm »
try to read them in order...they go in a chronological order and build on each one...

OK, I figured they were.  I was going to ask you which one was your favorite, but then figured I would have to start at the beginning.  I'll try one and see if I like it.  I didn't get past a few chapters of Timothy Zahn's celebrated series once they mentioned the existence of "chocolate".  ::)