Author Topic: A film about Heath?  (Read 18977 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: A film about Heath?
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 10:12:25 am »
I look forward to a film that could be created about Heath Ledger, his life !

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 07:01:41 am »
I don´t want a movie about Heath Ledger. I don´t want him to become a phenomenon like River Phoenix or Elvis or James Dean, although I´m sure that will happen anyways. That´s so not what he was about and when people become "larger than life" they become almost mythical and who they really were gets lost somewhere along the way. I dont want that to happen to Heath Ledger. :-\

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 09:16:22 am »
I don´t want a movie about Heath Ledger. I don´t want him to become a phenomenon like River Phoenix or Elvis or James Dean, although I´m sure that will happen anyways. That´s so not what he was about and when people become "larger than life" they become almost mythical and who they really were gets lost somewhere along the way. I dont want that to happen to Heath Ledger. :-\

What a lovely way of putting it. Heath was a private man, except when he had to promote a movie. I cannot imagine anything he would hate more than a movie about himself. I can almost feel him cringing.

The only thing I think he would have liked would be an award from his acting peers. He mentioned in interviews that what pleased him most, family aside, was recognition and praise from respected actors.
I think that is what most of us like , praise from our fellow professionals, no matter the occupation.