Author Topic: Kids music  (Read 2927 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Kids music
« on: May 11, 2008, 06:33:17 am »
Does anyone elses kids have dreadful taste in music? My daughter was playing her "music" on her mobile phone this morning and it was driving me insane. I mean she likes Justin Timberlake ffs!! That new song with him and Madona is just garbage. I can,t stand it. She also likes Eminem. Jesus. I know we all have different tastes in music, but some of the stuff she listens too can,t even be classed as music, it,s just noise. I mean who likes rap??? It isn,t music, it,s just a constant thump thump thump and it gives me a headache. I must be getting old lol.  ::) ::)

injest

Re: Kids music
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 08:31:00 am »
Does anyone elses kids have dreadful taste in music? My daughter was playing her "music" on her mobile phone this morning and it was driving me insane. I mean she likes Justin Timberlake ffs!! That new song with him and Madona is just garbage. I can,t stand it. She also likes Eminem. Jesus. I know we all have different tastes in music, but some of the stuff she listens too can,t even be classed as music, it,s just noise. I mean who likes rap??? It isn,t music, it,s just a constant thump thump thump and it gives me a headache. I must be getting old lol.  ::) ::)

yep that is a unarguable sign right there....you are officially an ol fogey!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I DO have one question though about rap...why is it that they can enunciate the curse words perfectly but mumble their way thru the rest of the song?? Is it practice? they are more used to saying the curse words?

they are all like this:

mumble, mumble, mumble, Motherf****** C***S******!!!
mumble, B****
mumble, mumble, S***, mumble

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 10:19:04 am »
Haha yes I admit it, I,m an old wrinkly lol. You are SO right about the swear words though. They do mumble through the rest of it and yet the swear words come out quite clearly.  And tell me something else then. Why is garage music called garage music...............is it because you play it in the garage?? From what I,ve heard of it, that sounds like the best place for it lol.  :laugh: :laugh:

injest

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 10:21:44 am »
Haha yes I admit it, I,m an old wrinkly lol. You are SO right about the swear words though. They do mumble through the rest of it and yet the swear words come out quite clearly.  And tell me something else then. Why is garage music called garage music...............is it because you play it in the garage?? From what I,ve heard of it, that sounds like the best place for it lol.  :laugh: :laugh:

when I hear 'garage band' I think of real young amateurs...not my fave..I dont even like American Idol. Prefer my music WITHOUT the visuals..

Offline optom3

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 07:38:09 pm »
My oldest son has some musical taste which I thoroughly approve of.Led Zeppelin,pink floyd,journey,eric clapton ,nickleback,def lepperd.You get the picture.
But then he listens to some truly dire stuff, korn,being one of them.It is horrible so dark.Think I will stick my head in a bag suffocate.life is crap.Sort of stuff.also some of it is pretty violent.
But I guess at least I approve some of the stuff,so it could be worse.We all have to have our teenage angst thing.It is just the state he is in,he does not need to be listening to the darker more violent stuff.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 07:46:49 pm »
Merci optom !

Yesterday, I purchase some record so kids can learn to do music !

Better to talk with him about that dark and violent song(s) !! ??

Au revoir, have a wonderful mutual talk with your son, and great ending to your Mother's Day,
hugs!