Author Topic: Crack Attack!  (Read 22891 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Crack Attack!
« on: May 11, 2008, 10:29:41 am »
This article appeared in Sydney’s Sunday Telegraph this morning. What’s your view? Vote above and tell us what you think about the ban.

Men given bum steer by surf club’s butt ban

Crack Attack!

Luke McLaren

A surf club has banned male patrons from wearing low-riding jeans in a "zero tolerance" attack on exposed underwear and bum cracks.

The Coolum Beach Surf Lifesaving Club in Queensland has drawn a line in the sand after members complained they were tired of seeing "too much'' of male patrons.

The club adopted a zero tolerance approach to low-slung jeans and shorts and has threatened disobedient patrons with eviction.

Those who break the rules could have their membership revoked and find themselves banned from all 59 Queensland surf clubs and a total of 305 clubs Australia-wide.

A sign at reception now reads: "The management of the Coolum Beach Surf Life Saving Club and Supporters Association have a policy of ZERO TOLERANCE to the practice of gentlemen not wearing trousers and shorts at an acceptable level around the waistline.

"Any person flouting this requirement will be asked to leave the premises immediately and will have their membership of the club reviewed by the Management Committee.''

The sign is a revised version of an earlier declaration that threatened patrons with legal action under the Wilful Exposure section of the Legislation Summary Offences Act 2005.

A police spokeswoman said anyone who revealed their genitals in public could face wilful exposure charges and a maximum $3000 fine or one year's jail. The spokeswoman said exposed buttocks could lead to public nuisance charges and a $750 fine or six months' jail.

It was believed the club erected the sign to stop young males wearing very low jeans that exposed both buttocks and skin near the genital region. The trend follows the fad that saw young males wearing boxers above the waistline of jeans and shorts. But a spokeswoman for clothing outlet Dotti said male teenagers had taken things one step further. The spokeswoman said youths were buying female jeans in stretch fabrics that could be pulled down to reveal buttocks, hip bones, "snail trails and more''.

"They're pushing the boundaries and have started buying chicks' stretch jeans that can be worn really, really low,'' she said. "The bum crack is just a thing of the past. Now it's all about wearing their jeans a good 7cm below the belly button and you see a lot more than their coin slot.''

A Coolum Surf Life Saving Club spokesman refused to comment. However, Coolum locals and surf club regulars Luke McLaren, 19, and Shannon Mahony, 18, said they would no longer attend the club. Mr McLaren said he chose to wear low-riding jeans for "style and comfort''.

"Wearing your jeans low makes skating easier and is generally a more comfortable and better look,'' Mr McLaren said. "I was shocked when they told me my jeans were too low.'' When Mr McLaren, a surf instructor, queried the zero tolerance policy last week, he was denied access to Coolum surf club. He said he was told his jeans were inappropriate.

"I asked the man at reception if the rule applied to my jeans and he said, `Yes your jeans are far too low,''' Mr McLaren said.

"You don't see them banning the girls for wearing hipsters and showing their undies so what right do they have to threaten us?'' he said.

Queensland Council for Civil Liberties president Michael Cope said the rule was discriminatory. He said the club was being "harsh'' and should simply deny access to patrons who failed to meet dress standards.

"Obviously, the club has the right to install a dress standard,'' Mr Cope said. "But to throw people out and revoke their membership is a bit of overkill.''

-Sunday Telegraph, Sydney, 11 May 2008
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

Re: Crack Attack!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 10:51:10 am »
SOUXI!!!

Don't make me be an ol fogey up in here, Kerry....I am gonna wait for Souxi to come back me up...

A) how can it be comfortable to wear your pants like that? does it LOOK comfortable to you? and it doesn't look good even on young fit guys..I can just imagine some of the pimply behinds being flouted out there...yuck! cover that mess up!

B) how the heck do they even stay up?

C) GIRLS don't look good in them either! I know a girl that is a size 3 and she has a muffin top...sorry..even a size 3 looks overweight when there is a fat roll around the top of your pants...then you have women wearing a size 14 wearing them and they look like they have two waists cause the pants cut so far into them. The girl serving us dinner the other night looked like she had an ants body... :P :P :P

oh and lort...if you are over fifty and have stretch marks and a dark tan..do NOT wear a crop top and low cut pants..PLEASE...that is not sexy, no matter what your friends say, they are OLD too and their eyesight is failing!!!

injest

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 10:52:06 am »
ok who voted for all butt crack all the time???!!! HUH???

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 11:05:15 am »
I didn't think that I would like it, but it was fun to see upper butt cracks many times males in a diving international competition last month in Montreal, where some males had to pull up their trunk, once back up from the water !!

But too low pants, bothers me somehow !! Why ?

However, I am against this islamic thing being popular like covering up all the body even the face, horrible !

Why not being au naturel for males in diving or swimming competitions ??

injest

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 11:07:10 am »
I didn't think that I would like it, but it was fun to see upper butt cracks many times males in a diving international competition last month in Montreal, where some males had to pull up their trunk, once back up from the water !!

But too low pants, bothers me somehow !! Why ?

However, I am against this islamic thing being popular like covering up all the body even the face, horrible !

Why not being au naturel for males in diving or swimming competitions ??

cause it would be hard for the broadcasters to keep the little pixeled thing in the right place all the time!!

injest

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 11:08:18 am »
ok!! now it is TWO votes for all hineys all the time!! You buncha Jack and Jill Nasties!!!

>:( >:( >:(

Offline Artiste

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 11:09:20 am »
Funny !

The accent is on the males as it was then: naked in the very beggining!

Let's get serious for that !! ??

Au revoir,
hugs!

injest

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 11:15:08 am »

oh sure this is all cute and stuff.....

but MOST of them look like.....

THIS!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 01:27:57 pm »
Merci injest !

But some big cracks are interesting too !!

And some small ones are funny too !!

Au revoir,
hugs!  You made my day by getting me to laugh !!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 04:00:48 pm »
One more vote against the ban ;D

I don't like it, I don't think it looks good, even on young sexy guys. I just don't like this style period.
But I don't think it should be banned either. To each his own. If they want to wear their jeans around the knees, with the underwear visible and also veeery low, so be it. I don't await other people to dress in a way that I like.