Author Topic: What is your favorite meal of the day?  (Read 14490 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: What is your favorite meal of the day?
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 04:31:00 pm »
Cereals, sausages, toast, rolls, Brezel, eggs sunny-side-up, scrambled eggs, fried tomatoes, orange juice, coffee, pancakes -bring it on!

OK, now it's my turn to ask. What's Brezel?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 05:09:14 pm »
I voted for lunch because it's very nice to take a break from work and go out to lunch. There are many good restaurants near my office. However, most of the time I have to eat at my desk because I have too much to do...I fall behind in my work because I am goofing around on the internet...can't imagine where the time goes!

I don't like breakfast all that much. I like eggs but don't care for pancakes, English muffins, omlettes, and especially cereal. The rest of my family eats tons of cereal, it's like living with horses!! I don't care for french toast, bacon, oatmeal, toast, or cold pizza (ugh). Primarily I don't like to eat when I'm not hungry, and in the mornings my stomach hasn't woken up yet. That's another reason why I like lunch.

I don't care for dinner too much for the same reason...I'm rarely hungry then. Would rather skip it and then wake up the next morning feeling very svelte.

[/quote]
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 05:24:23 pm »
I don't care for dinner too much for the same reason...I'm rarely hungry then. Would rather skip it and then wake up the next morning feeling very svelte.

Not exactly what the dieting experts advise, but it sure seems to work for you!  :D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 05:38:25 pm »
I voted for breakfast for this same reason.  I adore breakfast food.  The one thing I'd add to my vote here, is that I like breakfasts on weekends.  On weekdays, breakfasts are a sad, rushed affair.  But, a luxurious, leisurely breakfast on a weekend morning is my idea of a great treat (particularly if it involves going to a fun or quaint restaurant).  I also love brunch on weekends, because it allows me to sleep in... and it often involves the option of fun cocktails like mimosas in addition to the lovely breakfast food.  Excellent indeed.

I'll remember that, Amanda!! And Katherine, I learned the dinner-skipping trick from a certain thin friend of mine!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 06:16:45 pm »
I voted for breakfast for this same reason.  I adore breakfast food.  The one thing I'd add to my vote here, is that I like breakfasts on weekends.  On weekdays, breakfasts are a sad, rushed affair.  But, a luxurious, leisurely breakfast on a weekend morning is my idea of a great treat (particularly if it involves going to a fun or quaint restaurant).  I also love brunch on weekends, because it allows me to sleep in... and it often involves the option of fun cocktails like mimosas in addition to the lovely breakfast food.  Excellent indeed.
 8) :P

On weekdays, my vote would be for dinner since dinner is usually the only leisurely/ non-rushed meal that I have on a work day.
:-\

You've summed it up perfectly for me, Amanda.  In fact, I've been known to make "breakfast" for dinner sometimes.  And this poll has been a great reminder to me that I should take the time to enjoy more of my meals!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 06:24:23 pm »
In fact, I've been known to make "breakfast" for dinner sometimes.

There's a line in Juno where Michael Cera's mom tells him something like, "Get read to come down and eat -- it's your favorite, breakfast for supper!"

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 07:01:34 pm »
There's a line in Juno where Michael Cera's mom tells him something like, "Get read to come down and eat -- it's your favorite, breakfast for supper!"

I've been meaning to see Juno!  Yeah, I'm lucky that it's a popular choice at my house.  :)

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 07:59:10 pm »

Yep, I definitely have breakfast for dinner sometimes.  I love going to diners and ordering breakfast for dinner. :)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

injest

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 08:01:12 pm »
Yep, I definitely have breakfast for dinner sometimes.  I love going to diners and ordering breakfast for dinner. :)

nothing better than a good diner is there? where you can get lunch, dinner, breakfast all day long! they always seem to have the best comfort food...

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 09:07:21 pm »
David, I'm not sure that photo is the best one to convince Souxi of the deliciousness of biscuits and gravy!  But then, the dish probably doesn't photograph well in general.

:P  :laugh: