Author Topic: TOTW 18/08: The lines from the trailer  (Read 44034 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: TOTW 18/08: The lines from the trailer
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2008, 10:16:00 am »
Been there, done that, wrote the script and it still hurts like hell.Just call me Miss Ennis or Ennisina if you prefer. !!!!!
I'm in that boat too.
I identified with Ennis so much after watching the movie.
Thats how me got here!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline optom3

« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2008, 10:44:43 am »
I'm in that boat too.
I identified with Ennis so much after watching the movie.
Thats how me got here!

Ditto, and that's why the film just about killed me.It is no exaggeration to say, that wounds I thought had healed were in fact just as wide open as they had always been. BBM was so painful ,that it actually plunged me into the first major depressive episode I have had in over 20 years.
In my attempts to run away,and deny the truth,I moved 8000 miles.What did that change,nothing.Love IS  a force of nature. I behaved in the same cowardly fashion as Ennis,I do not mean that rudely,and just as Ennis  live with the consequences daily.
Surprise,surprise, the love has not faded at all.Except now, because of kids,etc, there really is no going back.That is one hell of a painful situation to deal with on a daily basis.
It also begs the question, and when the kids move on,what then? I can't bear to even think of that.
Every time I watch BBM and we are talking 2 nought numbers now.I want to scream at Ennis, don't let him go you idiot, have you any idea how much it is going to hurt later on?
That is why I agreed so strongly with your analogy of a dam. Love is a force of nature and as such, we as humans are powerless if we find ourselves in its path.You might as well try and stand in a force 5 hurricane and expect to emerge undamaged.It's not happening.Run, take cover and surrender to the inevitable.Or be left standing surveying the wrecked remains.

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2008, 07:50:16 pm »
Every time I watch BBM and we are talking 2 nought numbers now.I want to scream at Ennis, don't let him go you idiot, have you any idea how much it is going to hurt later on?
That is why I agreed so strongly with your analogy of a dam. Love is a force of nature and as such, we as humans are powerless if we find ourselves in its path.You might as well try and stand in a force 5 hurricane and expect to emerge undamaged.It's not happening.Run, take cover and surrender to the inevitable.Or be left standing surveying the wrecked remains.

Same here. And 20 years on I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't done an Ennis and bolted. Instead you're forever left wondering "what if?" and why the hell didn't I stand up for what I knew was right. Unfortunately I didn't have a Jack to track me down again 4 years later. It took BBM to finally make me realise what I'd been running from for all these years and wake up and realise you don't get a second chance. That was when I realised I've got to live for the day and make the most of whatever comes along. I don't want to find myself another 20 years down the line with only two shirts and memories alone in a trailer (metaphorically speaking). Still doesn't stop you from wondering "what if?" though.  :(

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline optom3

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2008, 08:36:17 pm »
Same here. And 20 years on I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't done an Ennis and bolted. Instead you're forever left wondering "what if?" and why the hell didn't I stand up for what I knew was right. Unfortunately I didn't have a Jack to track me down again 4 years later. It took BBM to finally make me realise what I'd been running from for all these years and wake up and realise you don't get a second chance. That was when I realised I've got to live for the day and make the most of whatever comes along. I don't want to find myself another 20 years down the line with only two shirts and memories alone in a trailer (metaphorically speaking). Still doesn't stop you from wondering "what if?" though.  :(

What if, must be two of the worst words to ever have to live with.There simply is no answer, only endless permutations reviewed on a daily basis. I am not quite at the carpe diem stage yet.It's all a bit too close still.I have nearly 15 years of mess ,and only 2 years distance.I am however trying on a daily basis.This place helps considerably.There really is some comfort in numbers.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2008, 09:41:01 pm »
"You don't get a second chance."  So right, BlissC!

Let's all try to get to the "carpe diem" stage, hunh, Fiona?

Cheers,
Paul

Offline optom3

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2008, 09:48:42 pm »
"You don't get a second chance."  So right, BlissC!

Let's all try to get to the "carpe diem" stage, hunh, Fiona?

Cheers,
Paul

Oh ignore me I  am just being a pretentious twit!!!!!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2008, 10:28:03 pm »
Oh ignore me I  am just being a pretentious twit!!!!!

Not at all, darlin'.  "Seize the day" is the ultimate Brokeback lesson.  Something we all must strive for.  It's why we're here.

Offline optom3

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2008, 10:40:48 pm »
Not at all, darlin'.  "Seize the day" is the ultimate Brokeback lesson.  Something we all must strive for.  It's why we're here.

Don't ask me why that phrase always stuck along with, illegitimi non carborundum, which I think is fake latin.Some words and phrases just seem to have more punch in another language,like Merde!!!! There is no real English equivlaent. But then I am a certified 100% paid up,card carrying, member of nutcases anonymous,so that probably explains a lot of things.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2008, 10:56:19 pm »
Don't ask me why that phrase always stuck along with, illegitimi non carborundum, which I think is fake latin.Some words and phrases just seem to have more punch in another language,like Merde!!!! There is no real English equivlaent. But then I am a certified 100% paid up,card carrying, member of nutcases anonymous,so that probably explains a lot of things.

Well, from one nut to another, Carpe Diem, dudette!

Offline optom3

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2008, 11:54:45 pm »
Well, from one nut to another, Carpe Diem, dudette!

This what I just love about here, no matter how cr- p my day may have been,someone here invariably causes me to raise a smile. I am going to adopt dudette officially now.I hear my kids saying dude all the time,so I'm going to get with the programme.Does this mean I am now officially cool?