Author Topic: TOTW 18/08: The lines from the trailer  (Read 44040 times)

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: TOTW 18/08: The lines from the trailer
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2008, 12:53:14 pm »
If man to man sex had not been seen as evil or sin in society before Ennis and Jack meet, they would have been in bed together much much sooner, right ??

Most definitely!

I am very glad that your friend's story has had a happy ending. You must be very proud of him.
BbM, I swear

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2008, 12:59:59 pm »
Merci sel !

Yes, I am very proud of Wayne still, even since his is now dead, which death however, I figure, was caused by an MD who does not like gays nor Christians no Jews !!

So, the deaths and fears in the BM story to me are like that too, some realism like in our present society which I see as becoming too Islamic anti-gay and too China anti-human !!

Hard to understand ?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2008, 01:00:37 pm »
But this makes me think about something else, and I hope I don't offend anybody with this.  Most men who've been drinking too much can last a really, REALLY long time.  And most virgins can last no time at all.  Why is it, do you think, that the first time was over so quickly, considering Ennis was both drunk AND a virgin?  Hmmmmm......  Thoughts?

Had no idea booze would have that effect!  Never had sex with a drunken guy. You learn something new every day.
BbM, I swear

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2008, 04:03:39 pm »
But this makes me think about something else, and I hope I don't offend anybody with this.  Most men who've been drinking too much can last a really, REALLY long time.  And most virgins can last no time at all.  Why is it, do you think, that the first time was over so quickly, considering Ennis was both drunk AND a virgin?  Hmmmmm......  Thoughts?

Good point! That's something that's niggled me too (along with Ennis's very sudden change from shock at Jack's advances to until I figured he was obviously considering this turn of events beforehand), but the alcohol/virginity and sleeping/processing alcohol explanation could explain it I guess. I wonder if anyone's done any research on the staying power of cowboys after the consumption of alcohol?  :P  :laugh:

So, the deaths and fears in the BM story to me are like that too, some realism like in our present society which I see as becoming too Islamic anti-gay and too China anti-human !!

Anyone mind if I stick my fingers in my ears and start chanting "la, la, la" very loudly?  ;)

Help! Don't know what IIRC stands for.  :-\

IIRC = If I remember/recall correctly.  ;)

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2008, 04:31:39 pm »
Had no idea booze would have that effect!  Never had sex with a drunken guy. You learn something new every day.

It's true and it's also nowhere near  good as it sounds, quite the opposite,  yawn!!!!

Now how did we get here from there are places etc ??

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2008, 05:04:48 pm »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was wondering that myself earlier when I found myself checking which thread I was posting on. Ah well, it's still all BBM (mainly), so I guess all's well in the world.  ;D

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline optom3

« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2008, 05:58:32 pm »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was wondering that myself earlier when I found myself checking which thread I was posting on. Ah well, it's still all BBM (mainly), so I guess all's well in the world.  ;D
--

Al is very well , but you are right.I look where I have posted and it's like what the f- - k. I can't keep track sometimes,particularly with early onset Alzheimers.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2008, 07:45:06 pm »
Most boozers that I had sex with, either are good just for quick sex or no sex at all since they can not get it on. Alcoholics, have more and more difficulties having sex, and eventually they can not get it hard at all, unfortunately !!

So, maybe I can guess that Ennis and Jack had less and less sex, if they kept on drinking booze all those years ?

And of course, with booze, communications are harder an dharder too, and at times null, since it's hard to listen and to talk clearly !! Sad too !!

Remember the difficulties more and more that Ennis and Jack had ??

Even if they did meet regularly in some ways, they had commnications troubles !!

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2008, 08:52:02 pm »
Good point! That's something that's niggled me too (along with Ennis's very sudden change from shock at Jack's advances to until I figured he was obviously considering this turn of events beforehand), but the alcohol/virginity and sleeping/processing alcohol explanation could explain it I guess. I wonder if anyone's done any research on the staying power of cowboys after the consumption of alcohol?  :P  :laugh:

Hopefully some of our "cowboys" on this site will chime in with their two cents on this topic?  Maybe when they get back from the Roundup.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2008, 08:59:14 pm »

Hey Sel, I must say that I have had some very interesting, long-lasting sessions with boyfriends after they've had two or three glasses of wine with dinner.  I agree with Fiona that a "drunk" man is no fun in the sack, there's really no point, but a slightly tipsy man is a bazillion tons of fun, in terms of duration, and of voraciousness, and of creativity, for that matter.  Fond memories...  Just a tip.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...