Author Topic: Heath's "director's chair" from the Brokeback set to be auctioned June 16 in LA  (Read 11309 times)

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Here's a photo of the woman we met in Cowley, Alberta, a very small town indeed (some of the scenes of Signal take place there).  When she saw the caravan of cowboy-hat-camera-toters, she came running out to show us what Ang had given her:

Too bad he didn't give her the whole chair.  :) 

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
The chairs used on location seem to have different caps on the poles.  (In this photo, Heath's in a brown chair, but there's a green one in the background.)

Maybe the chair they're auctioning is one from a theater question-and-answer session or something.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club

Wow. What an image.

Just look at the two of them, the faces, the body language. It's Heath and Jake--but it's Ennis and Jack.

Oh my.
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
Wow. What an image.

Just look at the two of them, the faces, the body language. It's Heath and Jake--but it's Ennis and Jack.

Oh my.
Very true
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
Wow. What an image.

Oh my.

I know!!!  It's totally amazing.  :o :o :o

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator

I'm going to snag this photo for the Heath and Jake together thread over in CT.  This may be one of the best Heath and Jake pics I can recall seeing.
8)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline optom3

Wow. What an image.

Oh my.

That is exactly what I was trying to put my finger on.It is all 4 of them,sort of half in half out of character, but still seeming to show a genuine affection for each other.Unless post BBM they had a serious faling out over something, I cannot see that bond completey disintegrating.I am not lookig for them to have been lovers viva vis BBM, just to keep the obvious camaraderie they seemed to have.There are lots of shots of them together, outside of filming and they always seem at easewith each other.In fact Ennis seemed far more at ease being interviewed with Jake around than on his own.
You see plenty of actors who outside of the film can barely be civil to each other.
Anyway I am happy thinking of them as friends,so I will saty i my little bubble !!!!!

• BetterMost Supporter!
The auction is tomorrow, at 10:00AM in Los Angeles.
The chair is in Inglewood (sorry, NOT Oakland) in a storage facility, and will be shipped to the winning buyer.

Sale 16091 - Entertainment Memorabilia including Animation Art
7601 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, 16 Jun 2008

Please contact Margaret Barrett directly at (323) 436-5467

Lots 3001 to 3457 Entertainment Memorabilia including Animation Art (16 Jun 2008 starting at 10:00) 

Lot 3136 W
A Heath Ledger director's chair from "Brokeback Mountain"
Estimate: $1,000 - 1,500
This lot has a special collection notice
Click here for details:

This item is considered too large to ship via our internal shipping department. This lot will be sent to our off-site storage partner, Box Brothers, located in Oakland, CA for San Francisco auctions and Inglewood, CA for Los Angeles auctions. If you have bought any other lots at the same auction they may be grouped together and all sent to Box Brothers.

If you wish to have your items picked up at our facility, you must make arrangements for the pickup and contact Bonhams and Butterfields by 3:00pm the business day before the Box Brothers pickup. Property will be available for pick up at Box Bros the day after they collect from Bonhams and Butterfields.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 02:15:20 am by jmmgallagher »

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

Sold for $1,680 inclusive of Buyer's Premium