Author Topic: If You Could Turn Back Time ....  (Read 6099 times)

susiebk

If You Could Turn Back Time ....
« on: June 03, 2008, 04:11:48 pm »

If you could turn back time and change one thing in the past, what would it be?

Would you have Heath (or Jimi Hendrix, or John F. Kennedy, or anyone else who left this world too young) still be alive?  Or would you prevent a disaster (earthquake, tidal wave, tornado, asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs) from occurring?  Or perhaps you would decide differently at your own personal crossroads?

I am not sure of my own answer yet, but will come back and weigh in when I figure it out!!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: If You Could Turn Back Time ....
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 04:33:42 pm »
The short answer: most everything.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 11:53:48 pm »
 I have with the benefit of hindsight,thought of so many things I would have done differently.But just one action could have changed so many other things as well,that it is almost imposible to say.
One thing that would benefit my whole family,is I would have come here on an EB5 ticket and bought a much cheaper business as the Eb5 leads to a greencard.Now I have to try and raise an awful lot of extra money to get the EB5 and hence greencard.That will be difficult until we can sell the business and release some cash and we can't do that in a recession. That one difference would have secured everyones future probably 6 months ago.Instead of having to wait another 2 yers and maybe more.
The other thing I would change is I would never have opened an email here. In fact going back even further,I would have said no instead of yes.Maybe I would have missed out on that all consuming love,but I would have remained content with what I had,ignorance is bliss sometimes and what you never had you never miss.
Sorry I guess that's 2/3 things. That's the best I can do. !!!! If I had only one regret to contend with I would be a happy bunny.
Actually make that 4 things, I would have Heath,  discovered early enough to save him,but then given help if he needed it.
Right I am leaving this before I get the guilts about Africa and world peace.

Offline ZK

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 07:12:12 am »
hind sight is a wonderful thing, but everything we did before this time however insignificant has shaped and is shaping the future. I guess its our passage through life, all the good and the bad things, the people we meet that has shaped us into the people we are today. So with the exception of starting smoking I probably wouldn't change anything.

As Adama (from Battle Star Galactica) said "a man lives by the consequences of his actions"

PS NZ is one of the first countries to see the light of the new day, so although in my country I am 44 I am only 43 in yours!!!   ;D

injest

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 08:03:41 am »
hind sight is a wonderful thing, but everything we did before this time however insignificant has shaped and is shaping the future. I guess its our passage through life, all the good and the bad things, the people we meet that has shaped us into the people we are today. So with the exception of starting smoking I probably wouldn't change anything.

As Adama (from Battle Star Galactica) said "a man lives by the consequences of his actions"

PS NZ is one of the first countries to see the light of the new day, so although in my country I am 44 I am only 43 in yours!!!   ;D

Happy Birthday!! My birthday was yesterday the 15th! Geminis rock huh??

Offline ZK

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 08:10:18 am »
Geminis rock huh??

My oath they do!! Hey Happiest of Birthdays (albeit a bit late!!)  I am sure you had a great day with your family  and I trust you got lots and lots of presees!! :)

injest

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 08:11:03 am »
My oath they do!! Hey Happiest of Birthdays (albeit a bit late!!)  I am sure you had a great day with your family  and I trust you got lots and lots of presees!! :)

LOL! Never ENOUGH!  ;D ;)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 10:35:25 am »

Happy Birthday, Matt & Jess!  :-*   :-*

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 10:43:28 am »

There are so many things in history I would like to change - no Inquisition, no Holocaust, no Black Death, no Western Front, no racism, no homophobia, etc., etc., etc.,

In my own personal life, I would like for my parents to have had an easier life. A few more comforts and pleasures.

I'm generally content with my lot, but there are a couple of crossroads in my life where I took the wrong turn. I still reached my desired destination, but it would have taken a lot less time (and effort) if I'd just taken the right turn in the first place.  :-\
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 11:46:10 am »
If you could turn back time and change one thing in the past, what would it be?

Would you have Heath (or Jimi Hendrix, or John F. Kennedy, or anyone else who left this world too young) still be alive?  Or would you prevent a disaster (earthquake, tidal wave, tornado, asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs) from occurring?  Or perhaps you would decide differently at your own personal crossroads?

I am not sure of my own answer yet, but will come back and weigh in when I figure it out!!

I am happy about the dinosaur wipeout! We wouldn't be here otherwise. IMHO, everything that exists now, exists because of a plan (divine, cosmic, who knows?) and  we couldn't change anything even if we tried.