Author Topic: Did Ennis Flirt?  (Read 14358 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: Did Ennis Flirt?
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2008, 12:16:34 am »
Howdy, lancecowboy. Nice to see that you're lovin' this site. :)

Btw, you guys, I've heard of that trivia thing about that and it's really good. And I agree with Jake on that statement. Back in the sixties, there WASN'T a name for describing same-sex relationships. But, that was an interestingly great piece of trivia for us.

The word was homosexual back then in the sixties, as well as many other not so nice names. The word "gay" was not used then except to describe someone who was happy.

One of them Ennis uses in the movie.....I aint queer. And I think he honestly believed that he wasn't.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline KristinDaBomb

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
    • My Blog
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2008, 05:05:51 am »
Oh, me too, Fabienne!  This is a scene I never get tired of watching.  And "the look" never fails to just kill me.  Talk about a picture being worth a thousand words.

My heart melts seeing the expression on his face. :)
xoxo

~Kristin~

<3

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2008, 01:00:41 pm »
Merci katie, optom, KristinDaBomb, brokeplex, and others !

Like you say Katie, I never heard the word gay in those 60's neither, but homosexual and other words yes !!

Some words were very nasty and still are such as fag.ot which I never nor will accept from anyone from such ingorants or thugs !!

Luckily, I noted that some words were more accepted and acceptable and said by some others who were more loving - such as in the French-canadien culture ! That gave me hope... in order to live my gay life since they were more acceptable as a culture towards gays!!

I never heard in elementary nor in secondary schools nor at universities any bad word against gays, I was lucky!
I never did hear drug words neither! But later on as in the late 60's and the 70's, 80's... unfortunately then and now drug words and anti-gay ones can in as a sport by some!

So gays battled, as I saw that many were getting murdered because they were gay men!

Now laws and attitude have changed that a bit or more... as gay marriages and other rights are passed now ! Still much more needs to be done and enforced in Canada! And in the United States as well in the rest of the World! But danger lies ahead as some RADICAL foreing cultures have arrived and continued to do so which are against gays and life but their own !

It remains that the Brokeback Mountain film can make us all human realise that dangers are there for love and that gay living is worth fighting peacefully and culturally for, I say!

So this flirting among Ennis and Jack, are most important many things for me to continue to live since I am a gay man and that I pray for peace also for all humans!

Au revoir,
hugs!