Author Topic: TDK Approaches  (Read 3028 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
TDK Approaches
« on: June 07, 2008, 04:36:32 pm »
Hey Buds,

So, I'm starting this to see how others are feeling now that previews, commercials and promotions for TDK are getting more frequent.  Every time I see a preview for the movie I go through a strange sequence of emotions ranging from excitement to something like apprehension at even seeing those promotional glimpses of Heath to regular grief.

I saw E!News featured a segment the other night about big summer movies and the little bit they did about The Dark Knight had such a different tone to it compared to the mostly-silly-fun tone to the way the talked about all the other summer movies.  In the short bit they did about TDK they featured a nice/brief on-camera interview with Bale talking about Heath's extraordinary performance.  It was a very bittersweet little segment.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: TDK Approaches
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 08:06:53 pm »
Hey Buds,

So, I'm starting this to see how others are feeling now that previews, commercials and promotions for TDK are getting more frequent.  Every time I see a preview for the movie I go through a strange sequence of emotions ranging from excitement to something like apprehension at even seeing those promotional glimpses of Heath to regular grief.

I saw E!News featured a segment the other night about big summer movies and the little bit they did about The Dark Knight had such a different tone to it compared to the mostly-silly-fun tone to the way the talked about all the other summer movies.  In the short bit they did about TDK they featured a nice/brief on-camera interview with Bale talking about Heath's extraordinary performance.  It was a very bittersweet little segment.

I saw that and it just hurt so much. I have watched some clips on youtube and find it excruciating.I can see no sign of Heath or hear any of him.That would normally be O.K because he would be around doing all the promotions,so I would be able to get some sort of handle on it all.To see this utterly deranged. psychopathic character,but with no Heath to give any balance,is proving a step too far for me at the moment.I also saw a clip of the imaginarium, where Heath is in a noose. I am sure it was from that and not TDK.
Whichever, it was beyond disturbing.These past few days have been too much for me.I watched Candy,with the OD scene,followed by TDK clips then this clip which I am sure is from The imaginarium.Even when I watched AKT to try and lighten things up,I still ended  in tears as he was just so young and lovely.
I really think I will have to have a break from Heath, as ridiculous as it sounds,I seem to be no further down the road than I was back in Jan.
The thing I can't get to grips with, is he was on his own, when he left us. I hope the pathologist was correct and he just went to sleep,I also hope he was dreaming of Matilda.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 01:50:42 pm »
Fiona, spiceylife, I am just so sad now after reading your posts.  I have not seen too many previews of TDK because I watch most shows recorded and forward through commercials, but saw one too days ago right after seeing a heartbreaking scene in a show I was watching and the combo was almost too much for me.  Late January/early February I thought obsessively about Heath's last days/minutes and have tried to put it behind me.  If I don't think about the fact that he is gone (or how he left us), then I can enjoy looking at his photos and watching his films, but if I let my control slip for an instant, then all is lost.  Wonder when this will get easier ....

I do plan to see TDK, and I do see a hint of Heath there ... in the hands/fingers, in the hairline.  Subtle, I know, but Heath nonetheless.

You hit on the exact problem there.I only cope when I keep a very tight rein on things.If even the slightest chink develops in my armor, then I am back in bits again.But it is not the way I would normally live my life.If I am upset I show It,ditto anger,happiness etc. This is an odd situation for me,I feel a bit like a pressure cooker.I have recently decided to really let go, and I use the excuse of all that has happened to my family in the last 12 months, my daughter's cancer scare, my son and all those trouble, and my husband being robbed at gunpoint.
I have enough to be  upset about and I just cloak the Heath thing within it all.That way to the outside world, there is a logical reason for my current state of mind.It is all put down to delayed reaction.The only one who sees right through it is my amazing middle son, who knew right away what the real cause was.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 09:18:06 pm »
Here is a news clip i saw on Yahoo today....

Provider navigation:
Summary | AAP | ABC | AFP | Oddly Enough | Reuters | Photos
 Tuesday June 10, 07:20 AM
Ledgers to attend Joker premiere
By AP

The family of late actor Heath Ledger are set to travel from Australia to attend the world premiere of The Dark Knight in New York later this month, a US report says.

The Dark Knight, which director Christopher Nolan has dedicated to Ledger, will have a memoriam to the actor at the end, the Los Angeles Times said.

"Word is that Heath Ledger's family will travel from Australia to attend the world premiere of The Dark Knight, the late actor's final completed film, in New York in late June," the report said.

Ledger plays a psychotic, mass murdering, skateboarding Joker in the film, which will be released in July and has already received rave reviews.

The 28-year-old died from an accidental overdose of multiple prescription medications in his New York apartment on January 22.

Some reports have suggested the Perth-born Ledger's edgy portrayal of the Joker in the forthcoming Batman movie had left him unbalanced.

Batman actor Christian Bale has said his co-star was in a calm mood before his shocking death.

"He was incredibly intense in his performance but incredibly mellow and laid-back," Bale, 34, recently told US magazine Details.

The Dark Knight is scheduled for release in Australia on July 17.

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection