Author Topic: Is it just me, or is Heath's absence still hitting others hard?  (Read 16224 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Is it just me, or is Heath's absence still hitting others hard?
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2008, 02:18:30 am »
But actually, I came to this thread to write, the following -

Can you fucking believe it?  :(  I had a long phone conversation with a fellow Heathen and Brokie this afternoon, which was a wonderful treat, but somehow I now feel more sadness.  While talking, I realized that in my head I have a fantasy that the 2013 BBM opera is going to star Heath and Jake.  In my rational mind I know that's not true, but when I imagine us there sitting and watching it (and I will), I imagine them as Ennis and Jack, not some opera singers.  So I feel sadder and bereft-er tonight than I have in a while.

As it gets ever closer to the release of TDK, I feel more and more bereft. I wish so much that just one of his last films was more lighthearted. I just hate the fact that al we now have left to see of him, shows every indication of being pretty dark.
I would have so loved to see something with his heart melting smile.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2008, 10:38:00 am »
It has been six months since he departed this earth.

Here's what I wrote on that morning in the Full Moon thread.

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,3748.msg320611.html#msg320611

Now that we have seen his talent again in TDK, our despair is renewed, but there is a new little Heath walking this earth, actually not walking yet, just walking through his mother who carries him for another three months still!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2008, 06:13:06 pm »
I watched "10 Things I Hate About You" the other night.  Hadn't seen it in a long, long time.  I couldn't bring myself to watch it, or "The Patriot," or "Casanova," or any of the other movies they all trotted out shortly after his death.  I guess having seen TDK twice and lived through it both times, I figured I could handle it.  And I could.  Didn't shed a tear through the whole thing.  I just enjoyed him and his effortless charm.

Now I'm kind of going through this renewal of the Denial stage.  Through film, he's still very much alive.  And since I never had the privilege to meet him, let alone know him, he's as real and here and now to me as he ever was.  I know it's probably "wrong" and "not healthy," but I prefer to think of him as being immortal in this way.

Like the line in "Powder" goes, he didn't go somewhere when he died.  He went everywhere.

No more beans!

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2008, 01:05:41 am »

Like the line in "Powder" goes, he didn't go somewhere when he died.  He went everywhere.

That's a cool statement, Barb.  What's "Powder?"

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2008, 01:14:28 am »
Gee, and I thought I was the only one.
Guys, okay first let me say that I'm still in shambles over his passing. See, I'm not really over his death and it's been difficult that I find it LITTERALLY hard for me to breathe. I'm not kidding. Sometimes, I think about what was it like for him in his final moments and what he must've thought in his mind before he went. And it makes me sick to my stomach. I really feel depressed half time about him and hardly even know the guy, as in REALLY know him. God, I wish he didn't go so soon. He had a lot to live for! :'(

Offline optom3

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2008, 02:12:55 pm »
Guys, okay first let me say that I'm still in shambles over his passing. See, I'm not really over his death and it's been difficult that I find it LITTERALLY hard for me to breathe. I'm not kidding. Sometimes, I think about what was it like for him in his final moments and what he must've thought in his mind before he went. And it makes me sick to my stomach. I really feel depressed half time about him and hardly even know the guy, as in REALLY know him. God, I wish he didn't go so soon. He had a lot to live for! :'(

I am still like that now, particularly when some mention of him catches me unaware. I posted once that I fell so ashamed of some things I have thought about other celebs. passing. I used to scoff and be so sarcastic.Even when Lady Di. passed I just thought, get a grip, none of you knew her, what is  it with this mass hysteria. Yet 6/12 down the line and this lifelong cynic is still having major problems getting my brain to process the information.I am nearly 50 and Bettermost is the 1st online site I have ever posted on.I truly thought I must be having some sort of breakdown initially.
I think now that we have just lost someone very special, and sometimes that is just too hard to bear,So my brain shields me from it.When I am mentally ready to accept it, then my brain will start to filter through small doses of Jan. and the events.Until then I carry on as if he is still here.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2008, 03:01:41 pm »

After reading your post, I did a Google search, asking the question:  Are all overdose deaths painful?

Here's what came up at Answerbag.com:

If the overdose is of a substance which is a sleeping pill or pain killer, one drifts off and loses consciousness as the first stage of the process. When one is unconscious, there is no sensation of pain.

As far as pain, keep in mind there is pain involved for those who are left behind, always.

I like to think that Heath just drifted off to sleep very peacefully.

Offline optom3

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2008, 05:14:08 pm »
I am pretty sure one of the "expert" doctors whose opinion was quoted, said he would fallen into a deep sleep, thenbecome unconcious and then,well we know what happened then.
I have never thought he was in pain, in fact I wish he had been as that would have alerted the housekeeper that soemething was wrong, and maybe he could have been saved.
In the end it was not to be, and although I cannot stand thinking about it, I can definitely think of worse ways to go. That in some respects helps me cope with it all.
Most people if asked how they would like to go, invariably answer that they would just like to slip quietly away in their sleep.

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2008, 09:57:33 pm »
I don't think you feel pain when you die anyway. I'm glad he went peacefully instead of horribly like we hear around the world today of people getting killed by weapons and other destructive items. :'( Well, at least it's a comforting fact that he's free from pain.
Even though I should't have done it but I keep thinking on what kind of things that he was thinking of in his final moments like the people he loved like Matilda, Michelle, Jake, his family, his friends, and other people he grew so close to. :'(