Author Topic: Brokeback Mountain was not the first Wyoming story about homophobia  (Read 11390 times)

moremojo

Re: Brokeback Mountain was not the first Wyoming story about homophobia
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2007, 09:33:02 am »
But I don't think I would want to get a hug from any Ernie Borgnine Clones. By the way, when we re-enact scenes from Brokeback at Estes, please and pretty please make sure no Ernie Borgnine Clones are beating a shirt on the rocks while nekked in cowboy boots. ...please. LOL

roflmao
Okay, jack, I'll try to remember not to be too Erniely effusive on my visit! ;)  (Incidentally, I'm looking particularly Borgnine-esque [or Capt. Rollo-esque?] today in my spiffy white tee-shirt).

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2007, 11:51:14 am »
I make a solemn promise to hug FR-Lee and lift her off of the floor when we next meet to discuss security.

roflmao

Wow, that really gave me a new perspective on the topic of hugging, Jack!! When we meet, if we ever do again (!!) just give me your own unique hug, the one with the kiss!! Anything else would be too much choreography!! I am warming up to the hug+kiss combination myself. My FRiend from Romania always gives me the customary hug and kiss on both cheeks when she visits. I'm getting used to that, but we still bump noses usually in the process! Those Europeans really know how to live...and how to greet someone!!

« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 12:53:55 pm by Front-Ranger »
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2007, 01:40:17 pm »
Artiste, i have 3 brothers. The youngest is a policeman in NYC, he is the only one who likes to be hugged.

It's strange, I've been to parties which were filled with all these macho detectives and when i hugged my brother they all smiled. The ones who felt embaressed  when I'd hug my brother goodbye were the GAY policemen!

You would think it would be the other way around!

and friend lee, I am calling you...now
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2007, 03:41:35 pm »
Thanks brokebackjack!

What a surprise you present and was presented with, you got a double surprise?? !!

You say this:
It's strange, I've been to parties which were filled with all these macho detectives and when i hugged my brother they all smiled. The ones who felt embaressed  when I'd hug my brother goodbye were the GAY policemen!

May I ask that when they all smiled when you hugged your brother, did they also hug your brother??
Maybe they wanted to do so, or some did want that too??

As far as the gay policemen were embaressed when you hugged your brother good-bye, I am surprised also!!
Maybe, they were surprised too?? I am guessing that not many gay men hug in public, being afraid of that and since we gay men know that not much hugging in public nor at home is done!! ??

Great it is that you hug your brother!! I admire you for that! Wish I could hug my gay brother!!

Hugs!