Author Topic: --->>Link: Archived Save threads from IMDB<<---  (Read 43352 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: --->>Archived Save threads from IMDB<<---
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2007, 05:13:48 pm »
After seeing The 300 I am finding new interest in Casey's classic thread!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: --->>Archived Save threads from IMDB<<---
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2007, 12:28:54 am »
This thread has been hanging around Movie Resources for some time, but I think its home is more appropriate here now.  I love the idea of having all of those great IMDB discussions preserved.

Welcome to the team, Bruce!  Let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

-Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: --->>Link: Archived Save threads from IMDB<<---
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 12:49:09 pm »
I don't know who is hosting the archive site, but all I can say is thank you!   I have a friend who is right now going through the coming out process, and he's gonna re-watch BBM and I have forwarded him this website with all of our early discussions on the film for reference.  This is such a valuable resource.  It's also refreshing to go back and look at our original discussions.  Makes me want to watch the movie again!  :)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 01:07:12 pm »
I think these threads are a valuable reference as well, and I hope your friend will find these threads to be as valuable of a reference tool as I have.

Traffic is slower through here these days (as would be expected for a movie that is now 3 years old), so this is more of an archive than an active forum.  I have also had a few events in my life that I have needed to deal with, and I haven't been as active at Bettermost or IMDb as I once was, but I do check in occasionally to keep track of things. 

« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 03:57:45 pm by TOoP/Bruce »
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 01:35:11 pm »
Hi Bruce!  :-*

And I love that archive - must go and have a look at it soon!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2008, 01:40:19 pm »
Bruce!  Thank you for hosting those archives.  They are GOLD!  And helpful in so many ways to many future generations of "Brokies".  More than we think or know....

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2008, 09:26:36 pm »
Yes, I agree that preserving all those wonderful old threads is really important.  It's been so much work collecting the threads and saving them over the months and years.  The efforts are most certainly well worth it.

:)

I think these threads are a valuable reference as well, and I hope your friend will find these threads to be as valuable of a reference tool as I have.

Traffic is slower through here these days (as would be expected for a movie that is now 3 years old), so this is more of an archive than an active forum.  I have also had a few events in my life that I have needed to deal with, and I haven't been as active at Bettermost or IMDb as I once was, but I do check in occasionally to keep track of things. 

It's great to see you here Bud!  I hope you're doing well. :)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2009, 10:36:32 pm »
Do folks think there would really be any harm in posting the link to the archive site on the IMDB message board?

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2009, 09:22:56 am »
Do folks think there would really be any harm in posting the link to the archive site on the IMDB message board?

I think there might be some risk in doing that.  Who knows what the powers-that-be at imdb would think of that archive, and it seems like it could possibly stir up some trolls again.

Has something happened on the imdb board to raise this as an interest?  I haven't visited the imdb message board for ages and ages.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2009, 09:56:56 am »
I think there is an interest, but concerns about possibly inviting trolls into this space is a legitimate concern. 

Troll posts here are only a minor annoyance, but a few members of the IMDb "thought police" have grumbled that the archive is a "violation of terms" and have threatened to register complaints to IMDb admins.
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40