Author Topic: The Dark Knight - no spoilers please  (Read 50565 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The Dark Knight
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2008, 12:41:49 pm »
Wow! Thank you, Oilgun.  :) That was a fantastic review - from someone who went into the film as a sceptic and came out as a true believer. If I had time I'd transcribe everything he says about Heath down on paper and into the Heath Heath Heath thread. So much praise!

There's just no justice in the world when Heath isn't here to hear all the praise and get all the accolades.  :-\

Of course I get really worried when it comes to my own enjoyment of all this when the man said "If you didn't like "batman Begins, you may not like this one" - since in fact, I thought BB was a long unengaging yawn with oversimplified psychology and over the top yet boring villainy that just went on and on and oooon.
I readily agree about what he said about Katie Holmes in BB, though - so I'm sure Maggie Gyllenhaal vindicates the Rachel character and makes her interesting.

There is no justice  the world, how I agree with your statement. For the 1st time ever I really find myself desperately wanting to belive in an afterlife, where Heath is looking down thinking, damn those are good reviews.He of course would have seen flaws as he always did.

Offline McNell

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2008, 01:12:01 pm »
You've got to watch this amazing review of TDK:

WOW!!  FANTASTIC!!

thank you

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2008, 07:57:08 pm »
Another very positive, thorough review. This one has more on the themes and filmatic structures and character development of the movie, in addition to praise to all involved and especially to Heath. (Yes, the Oscar nomination is mentioned here too.)

I didn't see any very specific spoilers here, but obviouly in such a lengthy piece on the film there may be info that everyone didn't know before.

Well worth the read: http://emanuellevy.com/article.php?articleID=10176

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2008, 08:10:13 pm »
I posted this image over in the HHH thread, too - but I'm re-posting here because it fits here, of course, and because it bears repeating for more reasons than one (ahem) and moreoever it made me realize what an enormous amount of fanfic will be written (and probably already has been written) based on this pair.

That thought more than anything made me realize what a big fandom event this is.... Not having cared much for the whole batman thing, the fandom magnitude hasn't really sunk in for me - I've only been in this for Heath.

Isn't there an urgency and tension here that, however different the setting and the emotions, almost gives off reunion vibes?  :o  Can almost hear the Joker hissing "Bat f*cking Wayne!"    :o Yup, fanfic material sure enough.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 05:19:11 pm by Mikaela »

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2008, 11:02:42 am »
Heath's The Dark Knight is now out in the cinema, yesterday or presently !

Many of you were very negative against me that since Heath has now passed away, that there should be no more movies would be made with him in it, because I wanted more films made with him in it !!

Now, that it is out, will you see it ?

My one face will ?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline optom3

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2008, 12:34:16 am »
Heath's The Dark Knight is now out in the cinema, yesterday or presently !

Many of you were very negative against me that since Heath has now passed away, that there should be no more movies would be made with him in it, because I wanted more films made with him in it !!

Now, that it is out, will you see it ?

My one face will ?

Au revoir,
hugs!

I think people were not against seeing movies with Heath in which had already been made but not yet  released,eg TDK  and the imaginarium. I could be wrong but what some people myself included could not cope with was a follow up BBM or indeed any other movie that Heath had made with someone other than him, playing the role.
That was certainly the problem for me.There could never be a BBM2, BBM belongs fully to Heath and always will.
I am unsure about seeing TDK.Part of me wants to see it because all the reviews have been amazing.Part of me doesn't because I will be watching a film,starring Heath, but released after his death.I am very unsure of what I will do.
I even find the trailers painful and am sure when all the press junkets start rolling, It will be even more painful.No Heath talking about his own role,only others talking about him in it.
I know he hated that side of his job, but he accepted it and I would have loved to see him as part of the promotion.

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2008, 05:32:00 am »
OK, here's another lengthy and thorouh analysis and review of TDK. (Todd Gilchrist, IGN Movies).

http://movies.ign.com/articles/884/884876p1.html

It's two pages of nothing but praise, with a 5 out of 5 star rating, and states that "The Dark Knight qualifies as the first official comic book adaptation that truly succeeds in being a great artistic achievement in its own right."

Very well worth the read!

And I'll go post his praise for Heath in the HHH thread.  :)

Offline BelAir

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2008, 09:12:32 am »
OK, here's another lengthy and thorouh analysis and review of TDK. (Todd Gilchrist, IGN Movies).

http://movies.ign.com/articles/884/884876p1.html

It's two pages of nothing but praise, with a 5 out of 5 star rating, and states that "The Dark Knight qualifies as the first official comic book adaptation that truly succeeds in being a great artistic achievement in its own right."

Very well worth the read!

And I'll go post his praise for Heath in the HHH thread.  :)

Mikaela, unexpectedly, I found myself on the verge of tears after reading that review.

???

Thanks for posting it.  [I was sort of starting to wonder if I would still want to see the movie in three weeks after being SOOO excited so far in advance and reading all about it in the upcoming weeks.  After that review, well, I think I'll still want to see it just fine.]
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Artiste

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2008, 10:28:45 am »
At least, Heath is still like alive by this new film !

And that is something...

Offline Artiste

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2008, 10:34:52 am »
Merci optom !

I respect Heath for making his choices of roles as an actor !

He did not want to do Ennis, but after his then girlfriend mentioned it to be a good role, Heath excelled in it! And surely, he was not unhappy having done it !

Why he did The Dark Night ? I can guess. Do you ?

At least, he did it !  Did he want to change his mind once he started it, is that so ?