Author Topic: Living in Wyoming  (Read 37089 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Living in Wyoming
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2008, 10:15:01 am »
best of luck to you! you know, we do have a surplus of cowboys here in "Cowntown" aka Ft Worth. There's a rodeo somewhere in the area about every two weeks all year long.  ;) search around these parts and maybe you can find a way to say great things about Texas!  ;D

Well, one good thing I can say right now is that I heard yesterday that the wind-powered electricity generating business is starting to boom in Texas.  That sounds like a great development to me.  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2008, 10:25:42 am »
yep, TX has always had a lot of hot air blowing around and around. might as well put a windmill out on the lawn to spin some electricity out of it.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2008, 10:51:13 am »
yep, TX has always had a lot of hot air blowing around and around. might as well put a windmill out on the lawn to spin some electricity out of it.

Remember, folks, I wasn't the one who said that!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2008, 12:07:01 pm »
Wow.....dreams, goals, and reality. That would be three things that would be rough to put into perspective at least for me anyway. I guess dreams would be those things that I might want to happen, but have about as much chance of happening as the old snowball in hell idea. Goals are things that at least have some chance of coming true. I have actually achieved many of those especially during the last few years. And reality I guess is where you are at and what you are stuck with whether it be good, bad, or parts of both. However, I still do believe that dreams can come true......there is always a chance......dreams can come to you in a way that you did not expect them. They may not appear as your dream always seemed to suggest, but yet you all of a sudden you realize that you found it. However, there is still that issue of making that dream become a reality. You might just let that dream slip right through your hands and you might just never have that dream appear to you again.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2008, 12:24:47 pm »
If you can't live in Wyoming, then you can live in BetterMost, Wyoming, at least some of the time. Whenever we need a respite from the cares, responsibilities, and Catch-22s of life, we can always take a virtual trip to Wyoming right here, and for some that might be bettermost than going to the actual place!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2008, 05:22:03 pm »
Right now the poll is 6 yes and 6 no.  Who can tip it?  :)

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2008, 06:30:55 pm »
Right now the poll is 6 yes and 6 no.  Who can tip it?  :)

Ok, I guess I tipped it.   :laugh:

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2008, 07:07:25 pm »
now is someone esle's turn to tip it

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2010, 10:17:50 pm »
Bump!

Why? I came across a copy of my own post about living in Wyoming, which I had saved as a Word document. From the text I figured the document must have been a Bettermost post, but I couldn't remember if I had written it myself or if someone else had written it.  :laugh:  So I searched for the post, found it here, and reread some of the other posts as well, and I still found them interesting after more than two years.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2010, 12:00:39 am »
I have totally romanticized Wyoming, as many of us have. The reality is that me and Wyo are not a match made anywhere.

O0

Heathen