Author Topic: Way OT: Is Jared Leto coming out?  (Read 22958 times)

slayers_creek_oth

Way OT: Is Jared Leto coming out?
« on: May 29, 2006, 07:27:43 pm »
Is actor and musician Jared Leto coming out? In an online interview last week, the 34-year-old star said: “I’ll give you an exclusive…I’m gay.” Asked if he was serious, Leto replied: “As a goose.” It’s not the first time the actor, who also heads rock band 30 Seconds To Mars, has brought up his sexuality. In an interview with Out magazine in 2004, Leto told writer Degen Pener: “I know I’m gay. I must be gay.” In the Oliver Stone flick Alexander, Leto played Colin Farrell’s lover – but there were no sex scenes between the two actors. “If there had been,” Leto said, “it would be the best man-on-man sex you’ve ever seen.”

http://www.canada.com/topics/entertainment/story.html?id=4a651572-f3ad-40aa-86ee-649f5cb484bc&k=35569

Thats not the only article...its all over the net....

If it is true....good for him!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Way OT: Is Jared Leto coming out?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 07:30:58 pm »
Maybe we should set him up on a date with Jake?     ::)

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 07:31:35 pm »
Maybe we should set him up on a date with Jake?     ::)

LOL....maybe!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 07:59:47 pm »
LOL....maybe!

Hmmm ... They look too much alike ...(at least in these pix)  :P

Offline David

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 08:02:49 pm »
OMG!    I need t ogo wipe the drool off of my monitor!! 

As if Jake wasn't hot enough, Jared is delicious looking too!

I think I need a private moment...   
:laugh:

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 08:04:45 pm »
OMG!    I need t ogo wipe the drool off of my monitor!! 

As if Jake wasn't hot enough, Jared is delicious looking too!

I think I need a private moment...   

LOL ... just don't lick the monitor again this time David!  ;D

Offline David

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 08:11:05 pm »
Sigh.....to be young , beautiful and Gay in Hollywood.     Does it get any better?

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 08:11:35 pm »
Sigh.....to be young , beautiful and Gay in Hollywood.     Does it get any better?

ROFLOL

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 08:11:56 pm »
See the resemblance?  :D
Careful, don't hurt yourself over there David!  ;D ;)

Offline David

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 08:15:32 pm »
OMG!!! STOP IT!!!   You're Killing me!!     :o

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 08:17:56 pm »
They do look a lot alike don't they... ::)

Offline David

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 08:20:25 pm »
Jared looks like he is the son of Jake Gyllenhaal and Tom Cruise!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 08:22:08 pm »
OMG!!! STOP IT!!!   You're Killing me!!     :o

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2006, 08:24:47 pm »

ROFLOL...ok I see it!

Offline David

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2006, 08:27:06 pm »
Of course,  I'd rather see Jake and Jared trying to make some babies!     ;D

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2006, 09:13:51 pm »
Yeah, I remember this coming up during the 'Alexander' days.

Jared - like Jake - likes to yank on the media's chain and likes to play up the bi-sexual image - whether true or not - to draw in a fanbase.

Jared is well-known as a ladies man.  He tends to like them blonde, skinny and very young.  He's mid-30's I think.  He was with Cameron Diaz for like 4 years, Scarlett Johanson for 2 years.  Was recently linked with Lindsey Lohan and one of the Olsen twins.

[shrug]

I doubt the story's true or at best, Jared may be bisexual.

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2006, 04:27:21 am »
See the resemblance?  :D
Careful, don't hurt yourself over there David!  ;D ;)
Call me a party pooper, but a part from the blue eyes and the facial hair, I don't think they look alike.. but they sure are cute!!!!!!!!! I liked Jared Leto since "My So-Called Life". The whole cast was fantastic!

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline opinionista

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2006, 06:06:17 am »
Yeah, I remember this coming up during the 'Alexander' days.

Jared - like Jake - likes to yank on the media's chain and likes to play up the bi-sexual image - whether true or not - to draw in a fanbase.

Jared is well-known as a ladies man.  He tends to like them blonde, skinny and very young.  He's mid-30's I think.  He was with Cameron Diaz for like 4 years, Scarlett Johanson for 2 years.  Was recently linked with Lindsey Lohan and one of the Olsen twins.

[shrug]

I doubt the story's true or at best, Jared may be bisexual.

That's true. Jake himself said he is flattered by the rumors that he's bi sexual because it means he could play more roles.

In Jake's word:

He says, "You know it's flattering when there's a rumour that says I'm bisexual. It means I can play more kinds of roles. I'm open to whatever people want to call me. I've never really been attracted to men sexually, but I don't think I would be afraid of it if it happened." http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/bisexual%20rumours%20flatter%20gyllenhaal

That answer is clearly aimed to create a fan base.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2006, 01:18:55 pm »
i see now. the only way to get over my Jake obsession is to start obsessing about Jared.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2006, 01:21:39 pm »
For some Jared + Jake action, check out Highway! Not really a great movie, but entertaining none the less.  A really young Jake playing a really different role for him, not to mention hot Jared Leto...  ::)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2006, 01:33:11 pm »
*sigh*

Okay, no matter how hot he looks or how tempting,  I'm not cheating on Jake!   ;D

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2006, 01:38:52 pm »
Of course,  I'd rather see Jake and Jared trying to make some babies!     ;D

If true, "what [they] like don't make too many babies."  :)

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2006, 01:40:52 pm »
If true, "what [they] like don't make too many babies."  :)

wouldn't hurt to see them try, though.  ;D
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2006, 03:22:09 pm »
Naughty Nipith! ( May I pull up a chair next to yours and watch too?   ;D )
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2006, 07:17:44 pm »
I love Jake, but he's the sum of his parts.  Jared is still the god.

EDITED TO ADD:  And not only that, some skank he had sex with confided to a rag that Jared was also well-endowed.

An artist, great body, great looks and a big schlong to boot.

Is the man perfect or what?

« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 07:31:59 pm by delalluvia »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2006, 07:26:47 pm »
He is hot..for sure, but Jakey-boy is more on fire!  :P

Here's a pic I like..
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 07:30:10 pm by Lucise »

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2006, 10:38:32 pm »
I think I would spontaneously combust if Jared and Jake got together. Le sexy!
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2006, 04:00:21 am »
Hey, littleguitar, THANK YOU for the tip about Jake + Jared action in 'Highway'!!!   I just finished watching it, and---  yes, it's true, it isn't exactly a high-quality story, but....  Jake and Jared!!!  (Some high class entertainment all the same, if you ask me!) They both are sporting some wild coifs, but for me there are SO many scenes that made it worth watching.  These boys are nice to see individually, but the real fun is seeing them interact-- I loved all of the physical contact between them.  (PM me if you require details!)  I also really liked all of Jake's expressions and lines that reminded me of Jack Twist, AND that he was wearing a jacket with the fleecy (sheepskin?  Ahh, yes.) lapels just like Ennis was clutching in the dozy embrace.  I rewound for so many of the shots of these guys, for hugs, a kiss, even once when Jake says, 'Sheeut' just like he did after the 'one curve in the road' story.  I liked hearing Jake call Jared 'Jack'---  Jake's name in this movie is 'Pilot' and a couple of times Jared calls him, 'Pi'  or.... 'Pie'!  (Is there anything I won't connect to BBM?)   

I agree with sparkle_motion, if these two men got together in real life....?  Combustion.  And if they DID make a baby together, imagine the EYELASHES on that child!   ::)    (Hey, David mentioned baby-making first! )
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2006, 04:36:25 am »
My god, you're right! I hope he got his acting skills from his Jake and not his Tom. I've just seen War of the Worlds. Very odd, I don't think they mentioned Mars at all. Nor clams, though.

Offline David

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2006, 07:06:31 am »
Hey, littleguitar, THANK YOU for the tip about Jake + Jared action in 'Highway'!!!   I just finished watching it, and---  yes, it's true, it isn't exactly a high-quality story, but....  Jake and Jared!!!  (Some high class entertainment all the same, if you ask me!)

Whoa!   Hold yer horse!    Did i miss something?    There is a movie with these two tastee young men in it together?   :o

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2006, 08:52:15 am »
Whoa!   Hold yer horse!    Did i miss something?    There is a movie with these two tastee young men in it together?   :o

Yep, with nice subtle homoeroticism in it as well. ;D

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2006, 01:54:07 pm »

Yep...but its a bad movie...LOL

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2006, 03:36:41 pm »
I agree with sparkle_motion, if these two men got together in real life....?  Combustion.  And if they DID make a baby together, imagine the EYELASHES on that child!   ::)    (Hey, David mentioned baby-making first! )

I'm often stopped in my tracks by the thought of those eyelashes brushing my face.  Or any other part of me, for that matter...

:o
No more beans!

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2006, 09:52:00 pm »
Highway isn't THAT bad, it's tolerable. But the homoeroticism in it is sexy as hell!
The morning after their really hot sex scene:
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2006, 11:54:23 pm »
SPOILERS in case you're planning to watch 'Highway' for its plot!  ;D Sparkle, I just watched 'Highway' again after seeing it for the first time last night!  This time I FF'd through all the parts I didn't care about, and concentrated on all the good ones, with several 'rewind' sessions.  Did I hear Jared correctly when it sounded like he told Jake he was going to 'make a woman out of you yet'? *rewind*   A congratulatory kiss (for ejaculating with a hooker) with a 'Come to Daddy' from Jared to Jake...  *rewind*  Twice Jared grabs his own ....er...manhood, once through pants and one down the pants....*RE-wind*  Another time, Jared gets a head injury, Jake tries to minister to the wound and Jared pushes his hand away....   WHAT?  Aw-w-w..
I even rewound for some Jake lip-licking (pathetic, I know).  :P  I rewound the end scene a few times, just to see Jared holding Jake, clutching his hair...  hand holding, Jake crying into Jared's neck, and a proclamation of forever togetherness.  And all those loving gazes exchanged between them (am I projecting again?!)  OH!  And Jake gives Jared a big wink as he leaves...flashing the dimples....   I don't think I want to return this movie!   :o

Lecherous old Melinda 

(sparkle_motion, you think you might want to post a few more "Highway' scenes?  Strictly for educational and research purposes, of course.  I do like the 'morning after' shot that shows they're wearing their 'BFF' rings!)

Offline David

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2006, 06:19:11 am »
Unsatisfactory son-of-a-bitch situation here!    I went to my local BlockBuster Video store yesterday to rent "Highway" and the manager says they don't carry it!   Waaaa! :'(

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2006, 06:49:51 am »
Aw, David, don't cry  :'(  you'll find 'Highway'......   Guess where I happened to find it?  My local public library!  I didn't go there for that purpose, but.....   then I had to look like an old perve and retrieve it from the 'young adult' section, but it was worth it!  I noticed Netflix has it, so now might be the time to join up if you haven't already.  Since it has been made very clear that this is by no means a good movie....   we all know why you want to see it!  You want to see a little Jake/Jared eyelash-batting action!  After you DO find it, and watch Jake as a dopey drug dealer and Jared as a pool boy, let me know--  I want to hear your comments--   ;D

Melinda

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2006, 08:02:34 am »
Oh guys!

I have never seen "Highway", but I have the order of the DVD on hold at amazon's (on hold, because I have to order more stuff, but haven't finished my list yet)!!! I'm not going to read spoilers! I want to see it 'pure of mind'..  :laugh:  Can't wait!

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline David

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2006, 08:06:13 am »
Well,  I'll see if the have it at the Library.  I'd hate to order it online if it is a one-time only type of viewing.

I still haven't watched JarHead all the way thru yet.    For some reason, ever since BBM I have had a short attention span regarding other movies.    I did finally go to the Theater and see a real movie though.   I saw the new Poseiden Adventure movie.
It was pretty good!   

Offline RingerFanatic

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2006, 08:31:54 pm »
How about the line where Selma Blair just asks straight out "Are you guys in love with each other?" Too funny. It was a dumb movie, but Jake was really cute. I love how he sympathized with Alligator Boy. LOL. And the scene where he and Jared go back and try to save Gator Boy from those local thugs. And one of the thugs looks at Jared and asks Jake "who is this? Your boyfriend?" Awwww.....

I don't really like Jared though. He's kinda in that poseur level. He was cool in that Claire Danes tv show...but he sucks as an actor. He also seems too self-aware of trying to be "cool". Jake is cool because he's goofy and he doesn't try so hard. Jared is trying WAY too hard...and at 34 he's a tad long in the tooth to play the young Hollywood rocker/actor. And having dated Lindsey Lohan doesn't add to his favor either.

Compare Jared to Heath, who is only 27, and I'd choose Heath. Heath is a MAN....Jared is still a BOY (who is actually the age of a Man. LOL. That's sad in my book).

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2006, 08:40:31 pm »
Compare Jared to Heath, who is only 27, and I'd choose Heath. Heath is a MAN....Jared is still a BOY (who is actually the age of a Man. LOL. That's sad in my book).

Aw, Hell.  I'd take Heath over any other actor.  Except one, of course.

But I agree - Jared doesn't do much as an actor for me.  I thought he did OK in Requiem for a Dream, but in everything else I've seen him in, I could always see him acting.  Ya know?

What I loved about My So-Called Life is how they ended it with Brian being the one who truly loves and understands Angela (Claire Danes) but is writing letters for Jordan so she'll think he's "deep," a la Cyrano de Bergerac.  Quite possibly my second favorite love story ever.  Left me imagining her finally making out with the long-suffering, madly in love Brian after she realizes what a total phony Jordan is.

Roxanne:  "You are so brave."

Cyrano:  "I've been braver."
No more beans!

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2006, 08:43:23 pm »
Yep, with nice subtle homoeroticism in it as well. ;D

what?! only subtle homoeroticism. I was about to add it to my netflix. I'm not sure I want to sit through a bad movie just for subtle eroticism, even if it's Jake and Jared.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2006, 08:48:34 pm »
what?! only subtle homoeroticism. I was about to add it to my netflix. I'm not sure I want to sit through a bad movie just for subtle eroticism, even if it's Jake and Jared.

IMO it wasn't overt - like 'Alexander'.  But that's just MO.