Author Topic: Just Another Silly "Getting To Know You" Questionnaire  (Read 39979 times)

injest

Re: Just Another Silly "Getting To Know You" Questionnaire
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2008, 06:34:51 pm »
Molly is the eldest, she is nearly 5, and a tabby. She very quiet and nervous.

Rio is 2yo and a tortoise shell but with black fur instead of white, she rules the roost.  She is also helping me to decorate by stripping wall paper off in the bedroom when I'm at work.......bless her   ;D

AWWW!!  it is so nice to have helpful pets!! My cat is helping take up the carpet by the bedroom door!!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2008, 06:47:24 pm »
1. How many pets do you have? And if you do have pets, what kinds of animals are they? two long haired siamese cats

2. What color are the walls in your living room? wall papered and wainscoated,

3. What are you wearing right now? old U. of TX t shirt and plaid bermuda shorts

4. How many times do you dine out each month? Dusty drags me out several times per week

5. What is the name of the closest major city to you? I live in Ft Worth

6. Do you believe in ghosts? yes, I have seen them

7. Do you wear a wrist watch? yes, an analog with a leather band

8. Do you prefer sweetened ice tea or unsweetened? at my age I have no choice but to use splenda and hope for the best

9. Do you have any loose change in your pocket? If so, how much? at this time I am broke

10. Do you drink bottled water? yes, I have filters on all the taps, and I buy water from a distributor

11. Do you like thunderstorms? I better, I live in the thunderstorm capital of the world

12. Are you a Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter person? (your favorite season) Fall, after the murderous TX summer is over

13. What is your favorite television show? I don't watch much current TV, but when I was younger I watched a lot of Star Trek

14. What is your favorite movie? (Brokeback Mountain doesn't count!) The Fountainhead

15. How many televisions do you own? I don't know, Dusty takes some to his work trailer or his house and I lost track of them

16. Do you have a night light in your bedroom? I have those green glowing nite panels in every room, hallway and stairway, I am night blind. 

17. What is your favorite board game? Monopoly or chess

18. Have you ever played Dungeons & Dragons? yes, when I was in much younger I played the game

19. If you were granted ONE wish by a genie, what would you wish for? time travel

20. Who can you relate to more, Jack or Ennis? And why? Jack, he is much more likeable

21. How many DVDs do you own? I don't know, Dusty takes some and I lost track, the core of my collection are scifi, classic drame, film noir, and MGM musicals which he can not touch, and they number somewhere around 250 - 300

22. Are you sick and tired of hearing about the upcoming presidential election this November? No, I live and breath politics

23. If you decided to learn a new foreign language, which language would you choose, and why? I am too old to study languages, I studied some when I was younger and my brain was overtaxed

24. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Ft Worth is great, as long as I can get out when the temps are too high in the summer

25. Read any good books lately? "A Time for War / A Time for Peace" a Star Trek novel.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2008, 09:30:06 pm »
Or -- you can look at it this way.

One person lives in my house -- My house has 2 TVs per person.

Five people live in your house -- Your house has 1.6 TVs per person.

Soooo.....there ya go!  :P ::) ;D

GENIUS !!!!!!

I never would have done the maths that way.With 2 simple sums I have gone from feeling like a spoiled brat to feeling deprived. Amazing bit of lateral thinking there.
Interesting fact, lateral thinking is a major part of the Oxbridge test used to determine suitabiliy for Oxford or Cambridge Universities.So as you cheered me up,I hope that little fact has boosted your self esteem a bit.One good turn and all that.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2008, 09:56:31 pm »
GENIUS !!!!!!

I never would have done the maths that way.With 2 simple sums I have gone from feeling like a spoiled brat to feeling deprived. Amazing bit of lateral thinking there.
Interesting fact, lateral thinking is a major part of the Oxbridge test used to determine suitabiliy for Oxford or Cambridge Universities.So as you cheered me up,I hope that little fact has boosted your self esteem a bit.One good turn and all that.

;D

I'm smart and I didn't even know it. LOL.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2008, 10:01:16 pm »
1. How many pets do you have? And if you do have pets, what kinds of animals are they? two long haired siamese cats

Those are so beautiful. Are yours cuddly or standoffish?
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2008, 10:19:15 pm »

23. If you decided to learn a new foreign language, which language would you choose, and why?
Italian, it sounds so sexy

And those hot Italian guys speaking it LOOK so sexy too! :D

24. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Plymouth UK is quite cool, if were to be antwhere else, then maybe somewhere like Canada, have never been but the scenery looks awesome

Isn't Devon and Cornwall two areas in England where they make wine? In fact I think I remember hearing Cornwall sparkling wine won some international awards recently. And don't they grow olives in that part of England too? I've seen pictures of Southwest England and it looks very warm and tropical, almost Mediterranean. Lots of bright sunny beaches. It looks beautiful. :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2008, 10:26:49 pm »

15. How many televisions do you own? I don't know, Dusty takes some to his work trailer or his house and I lost track of them

Dusty takes your TVs and you don't mind? Wow, that's awfully nice of you brokeplex! :)

16. Do you have a night light in your bedroom? I have those green glowing nite panels in every room, hallway and stairway, I am night blind. 

I have those green glowing nightlights too. They last for years and years. I think one of them might be blue instead of green, and another one has a little moon and some stars on it.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline optom3

« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2008, 11:02:32 pm »
;D

I'm smart and I didn't even know it. LOL.

Amazing what you learn at the college of Bettermost !!

Offline optom3

« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2008, 11:17:29 pm »
Dusty takes your TVs and you don't mind? Wow, that's awfully nice of you brokeplex! :)

I have those green glowing nightlights too. They last for years and years. I think one of them might be blue instead of green, and another one has a little moon and some stars on it.

Night vision is worse than day and gets worse as we get older.The rod cells which we use at night are not colour coded so we cannot use colour as a visual clue.Cone or day cells are colour coded.A simple example is, when driving during the day, we can tell which is road and which is grass verge because of colour.It really is enormously important for good vision.
We just never think of it.When driving at night unless we see things illuminated by white light,all we see is shades of grey, so differentiation becomes much more difficult.
Also full dark adaption takes about 15 mins, light adaption about 5 mins.If we are in a room and some one turns off all the lights we see nothing at first,then as the rod cells start to wake up, we start to see shadows and shapes,then we recognise those shapes.
When we leave a very dark room eg cinema and go into bright light, we are initially dazzled but recover our vision pretty quickly.
That is why you should drop your speed at night.It is also further complicated by the rod cells turning on and off as bright oncomming headlighs confuse our visual system into thinking it is daylight,so the cones start to switch on and then back to the rods as the headlights disappear.
I am staggered at the speed some people do on the interstate/moorway at night.It is madness.
Oops, sorry I have just become an optic bore !!!!

Offline ChrisC

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2008, 10:36:01 am »
And those hot Italian guys speaking it LOOK so sexy too! :D

You're thinking my language  ;)

Isn't Devon and Cornwall two areas in England where they make wine? In fact I think I remember hearing Cornwall sparkling wine won some international awards recently. And don't they grow olives in that part of England too? I've seen pictures of Southwest England and it looks very warm and tropical, almost Mediterranean. Lots of bright sunny beaches. It looks beautiful. :)

Yes Devon and Cornwall are two different counties that make up South West England, it has some of the best beaches in the UK, and certainly there are certain parts of Cornwall that have their own micro-climate.  Palm trees in the South West are a common sight.  I will be posting some pictures up soon I hope for you all to see, I took some of foals yesterday up on Dartmoor, north of Plymouth.

I do believe there are vineyards in Cornwall, most probably some in Devon as well, but not sure about olives, it wouldn't surprise if they did.   :)