Author Topic: Just Another Silly "Getting To Know You" Questionnaire  (Read 40215 times)

injest

Re: Just Another Silly "Getting To Know You" Questionnaire
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2008, 10:42:20 am »
Yes Devon and Cornwall are two different counties that make up South West England, it has some of the best beaches in the UK, and certainly there are certain parts of Cornwall that have their own micro-climate.  Palm trees in the South West are a common sight.  I will be posting some pictures up soon I hope for you all to see, I took some of foals yesterday up on Dartmoor, north of Plymouth.

I do believe there are vineyards in Cornwall, most probably some in Devon as well, but not sure about olives, it wouldn't surprise if they did.   :)

I love baby horses!!

Offline ChrisC

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2008, 10:46:31 am »
I love baby horses!!

There were quite a few on the moors, well about 6, some playing but one was most probably less than a week old, so cute.  I could stand quite close considering these are wild Dartmoor ponies.   :)

injest

« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2008, 11:04:32 am »
There were quite a few on the moors, well about 6, some playing but one was most probably less than a week old, so cute.  I could stand quite close considering these are wild Dartmoor ponies.   :)

horses can sense whether they can trust you or not. You must have a good spirit!

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2008, 12:13:45 pm »
Yes Devon and Cornwall are two different counties that make up South West England, it has some of the best beaches in the UK, and certainly there are certain parts of Cornwall that have their own micro-climate.  Palm trees in the South West are a common sight.  I will be posting some pictures up soon I hope for you all to see, I took some of foals yesterday up on Dartmoor, north of Plymouth.

I do believe there are vineyards in Cornwall, most probably some in Devon as well, but not sure about olives, it wouldn't surprise if they did.   :)

That is quite correct Chris. In fact Torquay in Devon is commonly called the English Riviera, because of the palm trees along the sea front. Devon and Cornwall are beautifull parts of England. Full of tiny fishing villiages and quaint little resturants. Very romantic if you beleive in all that stuff. ::) ;) ;D

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2008, 04:17:26 pm »
1. How many pets do you have? And if you do have pets, what kinds of animals are they? two long haired siamese cats

Those are so beautiful. Are yours cuddly or standoffish?

very cuddly and talkative! I have a older female and a younger male, the youngster is more active than the older one, but both love to cuddle and end up sleeping around my bed in the night.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2008, 04:23:24 pm »
Dusty takes your TVs and you don't mind? Wow, that's awfully nice of you brokeplex! :)

I have those green glowing nightlights too. They last for years and years. I think one of them might be blue instead of green, and another one has a little moon and some stars on it.

:) it not as bad as it sounds, I just have had some left over portable tvs and radios from years gone by, and also some that I inheirited from mom and dad, see I never throw anything away.

so old tvs, answering machines, vcr's, telephones, etc, just sit in storage areas. Dusty is a tinkerer, he loves to take things apart and screw them up, so he takes my old electronic equipment to the little workshop in his back yard and plays with them to his hearts content.

I have some larger glowing panels in strategic places or otherwise I can't see at all at night, the cats also help me, they meow loudly when they see me groping in the dark. I use that kinda like sonar to navigate.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2008, 04:40:56 pm »
Night vision is worse than day and gets worse as we get older.The rod cells which we use at night are not colour coded so we cannot use colour as a visual clue.Cone or day cells are colour coded.A simple example is, when driving during the day, we can tell which is road and which is grass verge because of colour.It really is enormously important for good vision.
We just never think of it.When driving at night unless we see things illuminated by white light,all we see is shades of grey, so differentiation becomes much more difficult.
Also full dark adaption takes about 15 mins, light adaption about 5 mins.If we are in a room and some one turns off all the lights we see nothing at first,then as the rod cells start to wake up, we start to see shadows and shapes,then we recognise those shapes.
When we leave a very dark room eg cinema and go into bright light, we are initially dazzled but recover our vision pretty quickly.
That is why you should drop your speed at night.It is also further complicated by the rod cells turning on and off as bright oncomming headlighs confuse our visual system into thinking it is daylight,so the cones start to switch on and then back to the rods as the headlights disappear.
I am staggered at the speed some people do on the interstate/moorway at night.It is madness.
Oops, sorry I have just become an optic bore !!!!

gosh you haven't bored me, its great that someone here understands my challenge.

I am officially living with "night blindness". I can't drive at night without a special pair of geeky glasses which returns my sense of perspective which is diminished, as at night I don't see faint light well at all. You are correct this is a progressive condition that has worsened thru the years. When I was a boy, I loved amateur astronomy, and because I grew up in a small town away from the city lights, I developed it into a hobby. Even then, I noticed that I could not see faint stars that Chris could see, and it got worse thru the years until I was about 30 I could no longer drive at night.

I try to finish all of my business before the sun goes down, even living in a large city with well lighted freeways and streets, I am very fearful of driving after sundown. In my home I have installed special lights which react to the amount of light in the house, with the lamps or overheads on they will stay off, but when the lamps go off the green lighting panels go on. There are in fact 3 colors of lighting panels available for people who have this disability, green, blue and yellow. The opthamological surgeon who suggested that these lights might help me, noticed that I am more sensitive to the "green" wavelength of light when it is at faint levels, not the blue or yellow.

I also leave a radio tuned to the classical station on as well in a specially designated area of the house, this is a kind of homing aural beacon for me at night. The cats really have learned to meow when they see me fumbling in the dark, they of course can see perfectly in twilight, but they sense that I am blind at lower levels and warn me of their positions in the rooms. Dusty of course helps out all the time, he is able to drive at night for me if that is needed. 

I have learned that whatever the Lord takes away, He also gives back to us. And it has been noticed that I have unusually good visual perception during the day light hours. I can read a street sign or a billboard much further down the road during the day than anyone else can. And, my sense of hearing seems better than most others, I can hear tiny echos that others don't, and I guess that acts a bit like sonar for me. I need any help I can get!  :)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2008, 09:11:30 am »

1. How many pets do you have? And if you do have pets, what kinds of animals are they?

One kitten by the name of "Blaze"

2. What color are the walls in your living room?

A bluish grey

3. What are you wearing right now?

Chocolate colored pants and T-shirt, brown and pink button down.

4. How many times do you dine out each month?

Ummmm...somewhere between 4-6

5. What is the name of the closest major city to you?

NYC

6. Do you believe in ghosts?

Yes.

7. Do you wear a wrist watch?

Not every day, but I have 3 watches I alternate wearing.

8. Do you prefer sweetened ice tea or unsweetened?

sweetened

9. Do you have any loose change in your pocket? If so, how much?

Nope

10. Do you drink bottled water?

Yes, Poland Sping.   Ya know, that's what it means to be from Maine.   :D

11. Do you like thunderstorms?

Oh yes, thunderstorms, midnight, and scary movie on tv.  Just need someone to cuddle with.

12. Are you a Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter person? (your favorite season)

Fall and winter are my fave seasons

13. What is your favorite television show?

Little People, Big World

14. What is your favorite movie? (Brokeback Mountain doesn't count!  ;) )

Hmmmmm.....maybe Breakfast Club.

15. How many televisions do you own?

Not sure what answer you want.  There are 4 in the house, but only one is mine.

16. Do you have a night light in your bedroom?

No.  I can sleep with one, should my future hubby need one, but I don't use them.

17. What is your favorite board game?

I don't have one.

18. Have you ever played Dungeons & Dragons?

Not really.....tried once, couldn't get into it.

19. If you were granted ONE wish by a genie, what would you wish for?

More wishes

20. Who can you relate to more, Jack or Ennis? And why?

Before, I used to be an Ennis, completely introverted.  I'm now a Jack, and (IMO) it's much better.

21. How many DVDs do you own?

Not many.....probably about 20.

22. Are you sick and tired of hearing about the upcoming presidential election this November?

Not yet.

23. If you decided to learn a new foreign language, which language would you choose, and why?

Spanish.....it would be the most useful.

24. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Hmmmm.......Estes Park, Colorado

25. Read any good books lately?

I re-read one recently.  "My Little Book of Neurosis" by Michael Thomas Ford.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2008, 11:39:17 am »
13. What is your favorite television show?

Little People, Big World

I love Matt and Amy and the kids too! It would be fun to visit their Oregon pumpkin patch in October! I like Jon and Kate Plus Eight on the same channel too. Both shows have family dynamics that are fun to watch.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2008, 12:09:24 pm »
I also enjoy watching Little People, Big World.  I like their dog!  He/she is a bullmastiff/boxer mix I think.  I also enjoy watching John & Kate.  I find it amazing that they can function so well with all those kids, and TV cameras around all the time!