Author Topic: Just Another Silly "Getting To Know You" Questionnaire  (Read 40236 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Just Another Silly "Getting To Know You" Questionnaire
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2008, 12:52:03 pm »
I like the Roloff's dog, too, Dobie. He's so laid-back and cute.

Kate is ultra-organized. She would drive me crazy, but that's a great skill to have if you have 8 children! She and Jon are opposites, but they stick together about the kids which is good.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2008, 04:48:11 pm »
1. How many pets do you have? And if you do have pets, what kinds of animals are they?

Brother and sister kitties Titania and Oberon still live with my Mom in Tennessee.

2. What color are the walls in your living room?

The mostly harmless eggshell of a rented studio

3. What are you wearing right now?

Blue jeans and a red shirt with 3/4" sleeves

4. How many times do you dine out each month?

Entirely too often...hate cooking for one

5. What is the name of the closest major city to you?

Smack-dab in the middle of Seattle, five blocks from Seattle Center

6. Do you believe in ghosts?

Sometimes

7. Do you wear a wrist watch?

No, the batteries don't work on me anymore

8. Do you prefer sweetened ice tea or unsweetened?

Sweetened

9. Do you have any loose change in your pocket? If so, how much?

$1.00 in silver, bus $$

10. Do you drink bottled water?

Not regularly

11. Do you like thunderstorms?

Yes

12. Are you a Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter person? (your favorite season)

All of them

13. What is your favorite television show?

I'm on a Joss Whedon quest lately - Firefly, Serenity, Buffy, Angel

14. What is your favorite movie? (Brokeback Mountain doesn't count!  ;) )

Changes, regularly, but let's say Donnie Darko today...Dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...

15. How many televisions do you own?

One but I've only had it on a few times...I usually watch DVDs on my laptop.

16. Do you have a night light in your bedroom?

There's a standing lamp by my bed...I frequently go to sleep without turning it off.

17. What is your favorite board game?

Scrabble!  (Don't let Game and Fish catch us with no Elf!!)

18. Have you ever played Dungeons & Dragons?

No, but I don't think I'm opposed.

19. If you were granted ONE wish by a genie, what would you wish for?

That's tough so I'll just wish for Friday already.

20. Who can you relate to more, Jack or Ennis? And why?

Another toughie that's highly changeable...today I'll say Ennis...not so bad to just want to stay in your trailer and be let be, now is it?

21. How many DVDs do you own?

I went 0 to 50 since 2005...someone recently even called me a media addict...still don't know what I think about that.  :-\

22. Are you sick and tired of hearing about the upcoming presidential election this November?

I feel really guilty saying it because, hello!, I *believe* in civic responsibility, but absolutely.

23. If you decided to learn a new foreign language, which language would you choose, and why?

How about Italian?  Romantic...steal off for a Tuscany vacation...

24. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

I'm still feeling rootless, maybe try Ireland next, or Alaska...

25. Read any good books lately?

Not really, but Suzanne Brockmann has a new one coming out next month I'm looking forward to called Into the Fire.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

retropian

« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2008, 10:10:12 pm »
 Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

1. How many pets do you have? And if you do have pets, what kinds of animals are they?

3 cats

2. What color are the walls in your living room?

white, so bland I want to change but can't decide.

3. What are you wearing right now?

t-shirt and shorts

4. How many times do you dine out each month?

2-4

5. What is the name of the closest major city to you?

Phoenix

6. Do you believe in ghosts?

no

7. Do you wear a wrist watch?

yes

8. Do you prefer sweetened ice tea or unsweetened?

unsweetened

9. Do you have any loose change in your pocket? If so, how much?

no change

10. Do you drink bottled water?

Yes

11. Do you like thunderstorms?

depends on the thunderstorm

12. Are you a Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter person? (your favorite season)

i like spring an fall in NYC, and winter here in Phoenix

13. What is your favorite television show?

30 Rock

14. What is your favorite movie? (Brokeback Mountain doesn't count!  Wink )

Kind Hearts and Coronets

15. How many televisions do you own?

16. Do you have a night light in your bedroom?

No

17. What is your favorite board game?

none

18. Have you ever played Dungeons & Dragons?

nope

19. If you were granted ONE wish by a genie, what would you wish for?

that all wrongs were righted

20. Who can you relate to more, Jack or Ennis? And why?

Ennis. I tend to be withdrawn and prone to a bleak outlook. I'm trying to be more a Jack, more hopeful.

21. How many DVDs do you own?

5 0r 6. I like doumentaries.

22. Are you sick and tired of hearing about the upcoming presidential election this November?

YES!

23. If you decided to learn a new foreign language, which language would you choose, and why?

French. I was born in Montreal and would like to refresh my French skills

24. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

NYC

25. Read any good books lately?

Currently reading JohnAdams by David McCullogh

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2008, 11:23:30 pm »
I like the Roloff's dog, too, Dobie. He's so laid-back and cute.

Kate is ultra-organized. She would drive me crazy, but that's a great skill to have if you have 8 children! She and Jon are opposites, but they stick together about the kids which is good.

Isn't his name Rocky? He is very cute. He's so sweet and gentle and I LOVE his face.

I also watch Little People Big World. It's one of my favorite shows. I have been a bit disturbed over what I've been hearing about Jeremy. I've heard he's extremely homophobic, and that bothers me a little. In fact, I've also heard Matt (and his father) are also very homophobic. There have been numerous discussions about it on the various message boards, including IMDb. You can read a lot about it over there and also on the TLC website, although they (TLC) seem to be rather quick in erasing anything negative about the Roloffs, which is understandable I guess.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0782374/board

This doesn't bother me enough to stop watching the show, but I DO find it a bit disillusioning. Especially since the Roloffs go around the country teaching and speaking about tolerance and acceptance, and yet seem perfectly happy to discount an entire group of people because of their sexual orientation.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2008, 10:31:51 am »
Oh goodie, one I haven't completed already!

1. How many pets do you have? 2 And if you do have pets, what kinds of animals are they? A malamute-huskey mix and a tabby cat

2. What color are the walls in your living room? Golden yellow

3. What are you wearing right now? Turquoise pants, a red shell, and a beaded belt with a black bolero jacket

4. How many times do you dine out each month? Almost every day at lunch plus some dinners and breakfasts

5. What is the name of the closest major city to you? Denver

6. Do you believe in ghosts? Yes

7. Do you wear a wrist watch? I used to but I am trying to lose that habit

8. Do you prefer sweetened ice tea or unsweetened? I used to prefer unsweetened, until my friend Chuck turned me on to Sweet Tea

9. Do you have any loose change in your pocket? No If so, how much? Nada

10. Do you drink bottled water? When necessary, when I'm hiking or driving long distances

11. Do you like thunderstorms? Usually, but this year they occur every afternoon and it's getting a bit old

12. Are you a Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter person? (your favorite season) Fall, but I like them all

13. What is your favorite television show? Don't watch TV

14. What is your favorite movie? (Brokeback Mountain doesn't count!   ) It used to be Bertolucci's Il Conformiste, but lately I'm favoring the Chinese film Hero

15. How many televisions do you own? One, I think.

16. Do you have a night light in your bedroom? No, unless you count the moon which shines in through clerestory windows

17. What is your favorite board game? Scrabble

18. Have you ever played Dungeons & Dragons? No

19. If you were granted ONE wish by a genie, what would you wish for? to make humans unable to inflict suffering on each other

20. Who can you relate to more, Jack or Ennis? And why? Jack, because my personality is much like his.

21. How many DVDs do you own? I own countless DVDs but only a handful that I bought myself and keep in a special place along with my BBM DVD.

22. Are you sick and tired of hearing about the upcoming presidential election this November? Definitely. I never even listen to my car radio anymore!

23. If you decided to learn a new foreign language, which language would you choose, and why? I would like to learn Italian so I could converse with my friend Luigi and wish him a happy birthday in a few days.

24. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Right here where I am in the Rocky Mountains,  but I would like to move north a few hundred miles to the Wyoming area

25. Read any good books lately? I am reading A Lady's Life in the Rocky Mountains by Isabella Bird, which my friend Chuck gave to me, and Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury, which my friend EDelMar gave to me. Both are excellent.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2008, 10:48:01 am »
3. What are you wearing right now? Turquoise pants, a red shell, and a beaded belt with a black bolero jacket

That sounds really pretty, Lee.  :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2008, 11:23:12 am »

That sounds really pretty, Lee.  :)

Thanks! I don't live in COLORado for nothin!!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2008, 12:16:58 pm »
Isn't his name Rocky? He is very cute. He's so sweet and gentle and I LOVE his face.

I also watch Little People Big World. It's one of my favorite shows. I have been a bit disturbed over what I've been hearing about Jeremy. I've heard he's extremely homophobic, and that bothers me a little. In fact, I've also heard Matt (and his father) are also very homophobic. There have been numerous discussions about it on the various message boards, including IMDb. You can read a lot about it over there and also on the TLC website, although they (TLC) seem to be rather quick in erasing anything negative about the Roloffs, which is understandable I guess.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0782374/board

This doesn't bother me enough to stop watching the show, but I DO find it a bit disillusioning. Especially since the Roloffs go around the country teaching and speaking about tolerance and acceptance, and yet seem perfectly happy to discount an entire group of people because of their sexual orientation.

Yes, I think you're right David.  I believe the dog's name is Rocky.  I had no idea the Roloff boys appear to have a homophobic streak in them.  That's surprising, and sad if it's true.  I

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2008, 12:34:43 pm »
Yes -- the dog is Rocky and he's a bullmastiff which is what my Scout's mom was. Very big, sweet, gentle breed.

Did you all know that their friend, Mike, who is on the show with them a lot, died suddenly at the beginning of June? He was at a soccer meeting or practice, became ill, was taken to the hospital and operated on for a torn aorta. They'd expected the surgery to work, but he died. Sad. He was just 60.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2008, 12:43:56 pm »
Yes -- the dog is Rocky and he's a bullmastiff which is what my Scout's mom was. Very big, sweet, gentle breed.

Did you all know that their friend, Mike, who is on the show with them a lot, died suddenly at the beginning of June? He was at a soccer meeting or practice, became ill, was taken to the hospital and operated on for a torn aorta. They'd expected the surgery to work, but he died. Sad. He was just 60.

No I didn't know that Mike died.  Wasn't he the one that was injured along with Jacob a few years ago when they were operating that huge slingshot?  I think they were slinging pumpkins?