Author Topic: Welcome Pierre Tremblay Folks!  (Read 12236 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Welcome Pierre Tremblay Folks!
« on: March 30, 2006, 12:31:14 pm »
As a bit of an introduction to our current BetterMost family of users, I've asked yaadpyar to write an introduction and explanation about this new forum.  In brief for my own users, Pierre Tremblay has a forum on the IMDB site.  When the trolls hijacked the Brokeback Mountain forum over there, a lot of the regulars found their way through private messaging and quiet invitations to Pierre's own forum to continue discussions about the film without the noise in the primary Brokeback forum.  Unfortunately, the people so uncomfortable with their own lives who would write trash on the Brokeback forum also found their way to Pierre's forum and those people have been searching for a new home, and I offered space here.

So their family is coming to join our family, and hopefully this marriage of sorts will be of benefit of everyone.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Welcome Pierre Tremblay Folks!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 01:55:51 pm »
Thanks so much Phillip!  Your gracious hospitatlity is so greatly appreciated.  I'm guessing folks will start trickling in soon.

Pierre Tremblay served as the Second Unit Director or Assistant Director on BBM, and we squated on his IMDb message board as a safe haven from trolls, which unfortunately didn't last.  They have, through the automated report abuse function, destroyed thousands of wonderful conversational threads.

Amazingly, one of the posters actually contact Pierre with great questions about BBM, and he was kind enough to respond, giving great insight into some nagging questions.  He seemed to get a kick out of our interest in BBM and we'll let him know about this space as well, so he might stop by here too.

My connection with Phil is through IMDb.  I was so impressed with his dedication to the way BBM has changed his life, and the wonderful space he's created here, and am so delighted to be able to join ya'll.

Thanks for the kind welcome, on behalf of everyone.

Want a cup a coffee, don't ya?  Piece a cherry cake?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 05:25:30 pm by yaadpyar »
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 03:12:43 pm »
(Pokes head above ground, sniffs the air carefully)

Nice digs! Thanks for the welcome, M. Dampier, and good scouting, Celeste--

I had begun to think of our little band as a family of hyperalert meerkats, but now I think we resemble the rabbits from Watership Down--(Donnie Darko reference)--

Well, must go back to work, and I will be posting at PT Mark I, but I will return--

Thanks again for your efforts!

John
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 03:27:58 pm »
Hi John!

(Pokes head above ground, sniffs the air carefully)

I had begun to think of our little band as a family of hyperalert meerkats, but now I think we resemble the rabbits from Watership Down--(Donnie Darko reference)--

So gooooood to see you here.  Can't wait for more to show up!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 04:27:30 pm »
Hi Phillip,

Your site is lovely, and thank you for your generosity.  I visited when you first started it but haven't been on in awhile - I need to peruse around some more!  It's been a rough week for us Tremblayans, so it feels particularly serene around here.  It's almost like I can hear the breeze blowing through the mountains!  I promise to treat your home with respect.   :)

Thanks too, Celeste, for making the connection and paving the way. 

Ann Marie

P.S.  This is my second attempt posting, I may have done something wrong the first time, we'll see how it goes!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 05:51:47 pm by amh625 »
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 04:31:30 pm »
YAY AnneMarie - you made it!   ;D

Welcome, welcome!

Offline Impish

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 04:34:30 pm »
Welcome all refugees to Bettermost!

I just took a look at both the IMDB boards to see what was going on...  I hadn't been to the BBM board since I fled here just after the Oscars.  I never had been to the Tremblay board at all.

How will you be spreading the word to come over here without alerting the trolls to us?  I repeat that you are welcome here, I'm just curious how you're going about that...  PM everyone?
If you won't pray in my school, I won't think in your church.

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 04:42:07 pm »
Hi Impish -

Just PMs and e-mails.  No discussion on message boards of this, and invites only to those we know and love already and for a long time.  So glad you stopped by to say hello.  We've got some back-door communication established since this has been going on for a while with trolls. 

The big problem is abuse reports resulting in auto deletions of threads.  Trolls aren't really posting anything - just getting stuff deleted.  YUK.

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 04:47:12 pm »
Not only am I sniffing the air and pricking my ears, but I'm rolling around on the ground, workin that grass-texture into my back.  Mmmm.

Thanks Phillip, and hello friends!

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 04:48:45 pm »
So good to see ou Henrypie - I've just posted a bunch of old stuff - to make it feel more like home!!!  Check it out.