Author Topic: The Dark Knight: News, Reviews, your Views. "SPOILERS" welcome!  (Read 176333 times)

Marge_Innavera

Re: The Dark Knight: News, Reviews, your Views. "SPOILERS" welcome!
« Reply #260 on: September 13, 2008, 04:22:30 pm »
So, Marge, how did your co-worker like it?

He seemed to be rather troubled by it, and said it "wasn't what he was expecting."  I'm not sure what he meant by that but it will probably come out in conversation. Two out of our three graveyard shift days, there are just 4 of us in a room about the size of a Wal-Mart, so we get pretty chatty!

But I did get the impression that it made him think, which is a good sign.

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #261 on: September 15, 2008, 08:10:33 pm »
You can see Jack's hand in TS1 in widescreen (you can also see Ennis's hand when he reaches forward to hold Jack's hand... you have to watch for the tan sleeve to suddenly appear).

But, it is true that you can't see the wedding ring in widescreen.

So, Marge, how did your co-worker like it?

Sorry to barge in on your conversation, you guys. If you don't mind me asking, when was Ennis holding Jack's hand? I think I've missed that. Oops. Is it on count of the widescreen version or something? ??? Help please.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #262 on: September 16, 2008, 12:31:43 am »
Sorry to barge in on your conversation, you guys. If you don't mind me asking, when was Ennis holding Jack's hand? I think I've missed that. Oops. Is it on count of the widescreen version or something? ??? Help please.

The hand holding is in TS1 right at the peak of proceedings,it is a hand grasp aka pasion more than hand holding.

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #263 on: September 17, 2008, 12:08:29 am »
Optom, do you mean when they were 'riding', Jack at some point grabbed a hold of Ennis free hand and Ennis held it? If only they made TV screens a bit more wider. Hmmm. 
I gotta watch the scene again in that format. Thank you, though.

Offline optom3

« Reply #264 on: September 17, 2008, 09:09:43 am »
Optom, do you mean when they were 'riding', Jack at some point grabbed a hold of Ennis free hand and Ennis held it? If only they made TV screens a bit more wider. Hmmm. 

Yes that's exactly what I mean.!!!!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #265 on: September 19, 2008, 11:27:18 am »

Actually, Ennis reaches forward and holds Jack's hand... it's after Jack pounds his fist on the ground.  You'll see Ennis's tan sleeve enter the screen from the left side.  Right at the very end of TS1, Jack actually seems to be holding onto Ennis's one hand with both of his hands.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline optom3

« Reply #266 on: September 19, 2008, 10:28:39 pm »
Actually, Ennis reaches forward and holds Jack's hand... it's after Jack pounds his fist on the ground.  You'll see Ennis's tan sleeve enter the screen from the left side.  Right at the very end of TS1, Jack actually seems to be holding onto Ennis's one hand with both of his hands.

Aw shucks, now I'm going to have to watch it all over again,what a bore !!!!  and if you believe that then you probably still think the moon is made of blue cheese!!!

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #267 on: September 19, 2008, 10:40:01 pm »
I have to admit that I heard the sounds in that scene, saw some movements regarding hands, but the scene was SOOO darkly-lit, despite the full moon, and I typically watch the film at night anyway, that it's really hard to pick up on whose hands were where.  But I do trust Amanda's judgment if she saws she saw it.  I, like Fiona, will "aw shucks" have to watch that scene once again, for the 200th time, and this time, actually watch their hands instead of their other bits  :o
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #268 on: September 19, 2008, 10:40:28 pm »
Wait, what? Okay, back up.
So, instead of Jack grabbing Ennis's hand, it was the other way around? Interesting.
That settles it. I'm getting the widescreen version.
Oh and also, it was so dark that it was kind of hard to see their hands in heavy shadow and somewhere under/off the screen.

Btw, I've always wondered where was Jack's same hand that Ennis was holding later because(and forgive me for getting a bit detailed)a couple of seconds before he pounded his fist on the ground and during when they were just getting started, he was only on one arm and the other arm that was closer on our side in front of the screen was off camera going to the left. And I was wondering why Jack was on all threes instead of fours. Sorry, it was a little bit odd to me.

Thank you atz and optom.

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #269 on: September 19, 2008, 10:48:20 pm »
Geez, I am so giggling and firing up the DVD right now...

I guess the fundamental questions on this thread that was supposed to be about The Dark Knight, but we've twisted it sideways and no one seems to be bothered, so okay.

1.  Whose hand was on top of whose first?  Other than the obvious Jack's reaching his right hand to take Ennis's right hand onto his penis.

and

2.  Why was Jack on, as Gabreya put it so eloquently (God love the young people of this world for speaking their minds truthfully) "on all threes instead of fours"?

Perhaps we could use some gay men to feel welcome to chime in to this thread at this point, since of late it seems to be 3 semi-straight women debating this topic?
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...