Author Topic: Kudos to Bravo for doing as they said with rpt. BBM !!!  (Read 67637 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Bravo's version of BBM censored beyond belief, a joke
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2008, 06:47:38 pm »
Does that BRAVO movie cuts increase maybe some viewers taste to want to harm gays ?

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2008, 08:50:21 pm »
Does that BRAVO movie cuts increase maybe some viewers taste to want to harm gays ?

No, it just puts an entirely different slant on the movie.The sex aspect seems to be pushed more than the love aspect.Without seeing the real tenderness of TS2 it is hard to see why these men would carry on an affair for 20 years.I van totally see why Ang thought it essential to the film and for the viewers real grasp of wat was developing and what held them together for so long.
It certainly does not do any harm, but it doesn't do any good either.
One thing I loved about BBM was that it was a love story,it was as tragic and epic, almost in the same vein as Dr. ZHivago.The difference was only in the different types of forbidden love.
Personally for me BBM was way superior but I can see parallels.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2008, 09:41:22 pm »
My point exactly.They pretty well removed all ofTS2 thus making it appear like TS1, even doing the same cut to the outside of the tent.So we are left to assume it was 2 incidents of sex, rather than the start of a tragic love which would endure for 2 decades.
I included in one of my posts what Ang. said about how important TS2 was to add credibility.Yet Bravo or whoever removed 90% at least of it.
So TS1 and 2  become for the 1st time viewer, 2 acts sof sex. even shown in much the same way, quick shot of the boys then cut to outside view of the tent.I was speechless when I saw it.

I am very sad to hear this. Clearly a sponsor boycott with teeth needs to go forward.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2008, 09:44:05 pm »
Who were the sponsors ?

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2008, 09:51:21 pm »
I can't accuse Bravo of any definite motivation but their for profit desire to sell their advertisers. However, a possible motivation in cutting the love scenes to the point that only the sexual activity is left is this: a desire to cast same sex love entirely within the context of sexual gratification and the elimination of any romantic aspects of their relationship. Why? To influence the debate over same sex marriage among the voters in CA leading up to the November ballot.

Some of the long term goals of the religious right are to de-legitimize same sex love and forestall same sex marriage. If the appearance can be created that same sex love is just about sex and only about sexual gratification, then the religious right can make the argument that marriage is inappropriate between two members of the same sex.

This is why this "editing" is important, and why it is esp important that it came about only 3 months before the CA voters go to the polls.

If it had just been changing Jack Fuckin' Twist to Jack Frederick Twist, this would be funny, but the almost entire elimination of TS2 points to a possible agenda, and I might add possibly a hate-filled agenda.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2008, 09:53:09 pm »
Who were the sponsors ?

that is what we need to find out, FCC rules provide that a list of local sponsors and national sponsors of broadcast or cable programs are a matter of pubic information.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2008, 10:29:12 pm »
Wow, what a thread!!

Last time I poked my head on this thread was on Sunday while the movie was showing, there were like, two comments and I thought, Oh well, guess no one's watching.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2008, 10:46:35 pm »
Inquisitive minds, want to know, for freedom !!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2008, 11:31:43 pm »
I can't accuse Bravo of any definite motivation but their for profit desire to sell their advertisers. However, a possible motivation in cutting the love scenes to the point that only the sexual activity is left is this: a desire to cast same sex love entirely within the context of sexual gratification and the elimination of any romantic aspects of their relationship. Why? To influence the debate over same sex marriage among the voters in CA leading up to the November ballot.

Some of the long term goals of the religious right are to de-legitimize same sex love and forestall same sex marriage. If the appearance can be created that same sex love is just about sex and only about sexual gratification, then the religious right can make the argument that marriage is inappropriate between two members of the same sex.

This is why this "editing" is important, and why it is esp important that it came about only 3 months before the CA voters go to the polls.

If it had just been changing Jack Fuckin' Twist to Jack Frederick Twist, this would be funny, but the almost entire elimination of TS2 points to a possible agenda, and I might add possibly a hate-filled agenda.

That is exactly what it apeared like.The romance and love were reduced to sex.That was what got me so hopping mad. It seemed that the agenda was to present gay relationships as purely sex and not bona fide love relationships.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2008, 10:28:39 am »
I do NOT celebrate CANADA DAY anymore, because too many foreign religions and non-religious living now in Canada do not respect at all the canadian cultures, laws and others histories !

Most canadian-borns accepted gay men, but is that to change because of foreign influences in it now ? It seems so !

Maybe that is why BRAVO cut the BM film, because it wants no gay men anymore ?