Author Topic: Kudos to Bravo for doing as they said with rpt. BBM !!!  (Read 67676 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: Bravo's version of BBM censored beyond belief, a joke
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2008, 09:22:37 pm »
I have a confession to make, and Ive said it here before........

At my first viewing of Brokeback, I was a bit shocked by the first tent scene, in fact, my thoughts were, "They could have left that out, and just left it to our imaginaton".  Maybe it was because, for me, it was the first time ever I had seen M2M sex depicted that way, and I just wasn't ready for it.

But.......a week later when I saw the movie the second time, I looked at that scene in a very different way, it was absolutely overwhelming, and one of the most important scenes in the movie. The sexual actions became only a part of the whole scene. It was the fumbling, the "whats going on", the rawness of the feelings that were going thru their minds, it was a moment that would change them forever.

Oh my God.....did they really censor the "Jack Fucking Twist" scene........oh no......those three words were  the equivilent of those three words that Ennis never said to Jack....."I love you"..........

Lets just hope that the viewers of the Bravo version, will be prompted to get the DVD now and watch the original version.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline BayCityJohn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • BBM Foundation
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2008, 10:04:02 pm »
This is Jack & Lureen in the car. Again, an angle shot that I have never seen before. It's at the very end of the scene.

Offline BayCityJohn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • BBM Foundation
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2008, 10:05:00 pm »
This scene may not look different, but it is very different in the version shown on Bravo.

The walls of the tent are moving quite a bit and you can hear a lot of huffin' and puffin'.

It looks like they may have used a computer to make the tent move.

injest

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2008, 10:36:18 pm »
This scene may not look different, but it is very different in the version shown on Bravo.

The walls of the tent are moving quite a bit and you can hear a lot of huffin' and puffin'.

It looks like they may have used a computer to make the tent move.

oh my God...anyone remember Nathan Lane on David Letterman??

did he do the editing?!!  >:( >:( >:(

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2008, 10:37:03 pm »
I could not believe what I heard. It was almost hilarious. "Jack Frederick Twist" and "high altitude flings" sounded ridiculous. I thought that I was hearing things! The censorship made my stomach turn and I couldn't keep watching it. The sad thing about it was who the f____, I mean the hell which was the replacement for f---- in the Bravo version, dubbed for both boys especially for Heath??? That seemed really eerie to me. How dare they mess up BBM!

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2008, 10:37:41 pm »
The 60 times or so I've watched the movie, I've always seen the tent "moving"...

What was actually cut from the SNIT?  The whole thing?  :o  If so, that's fucking bullshit, and it's discriminatory.  Bravo should be sued.

This here "skit" from Mad TV was aired on regular broadcast TV before Brokeback Mountain was ever released.  What does this mean?  Is it ok if it's just "for fun"?  Or, is Bravo over-editing and being discriminatory?

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDsHvq6juEY[/youtube]

injest

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2008, 10:45:04 pm »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0RAoSN-Rjk[/youtube]

I guess it won't be long between the 'opera' and the reworking of the editors that this will seem 'right'

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2008, 11:10:47 pm »
I have to disagree. I remember distinctly the WHOA!! WHAT THE HECK!? Where did that come from?......of the first night.

and the 'oh....oh my god...this is not what I thought it was' of the second night...

then going back and being FORCED to think...where did this come from? what did I miss?

those scenes are pivotal to understanding Ennis for sure. They are the only ones where we SEE Ennis opening up...we see that there is where he let himself breath...it sets off the entire rest of the movie where he tightens up more and more til the end when he collapses.

and as bad as it sounds, I think this slaughter job was planned. the mention of the GLAAD awards confirmed it for me. I may be one of the FEW that remember the vitriol poured on BBM by the 'gay community' in Hollywood. The nightly mocking and paradying from gay actors. I think it is an effort to discredit the movie.

my opinion.

Yes, yes and yes.

It seemed to me as a Brit. not used to such censorship, that it was quite deliberate and planned.It really did change the whole movie quite fundamentally.
We need to see the more "free" Ennis so we get caught up in the whole tragedy as he just gets more and more closed up.We need to believe that there was something that Jack saw that made him think for 20 years there was a chance they could make it work.If not, then the I wish I knew how to quit you scene makes no sense.
We need to see tender free Ennis, for the alley scene to make any sense.Looking at the Bravo version. and having lost most of the tender time in TS2 ,the alley scene could even be interpreted as Ennis being sickened by what had happened on BBM.We see no real love or affection on BBM, just the outside of the tent twice and the fight.So even that is insane.What then in Bravos version was so sacred to them about about BBM.
Why would Jack have kept the shirts at the end of summer if al they appeared to have was a couple of f--ks and a fight ??????? More insanity, he kept them because of love, and when Ennis finds them he knows finally of Jacks love for him, and also he finally accepts his love for Jack.Only it is too late.
But that doesn't matter a long as we see Jack getting clubbed to death.
No wonder teenagers are so violent.
Lets look at the message here, volence in extreme graphic detail does not need to be censored, so therefore by implication is condoned.Affection betwen 2 men very bad and so has to be censored.It is not just what was taken out by the censors, it is also about what was left in.
I can't write any more,It has just annoyed me all day.
I still believe what they did changed the whole tone of the movie.It must have done,or why am I so mad.If it had ben a fair and sensible censorship,I would not have posted, ranting about it.

Offline BayCityJohn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • BBM Foundation
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2008, 11:21:33 pm »
The 60 times or so I've watched the movie, I've always seen the tent "moving"...

Yes Eric, but not like it does in the Bravo version. It's a very noticeable difference.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2008, 11:29:23 pm »
Merci optom !

Right, your are optom !

However, we are NOT even free to talk on Bettermost, since more and more being censored for this freedom:
    When someone says, as said (no offence to you mil nor to anyone):
          The problem that I see being discussed here is that audiences in the US are uncomfortable with on-screen depictions of man2man sex. That's a fact that we all knew before BBM was edited for TV. 

May I say that:
The real problem is likely religions and non-religions, which will not accept homosexuality, because even the mafia and other criminals like making money concerning sex, right ??

Plus, since we now let in too many unwanted strange religions such as muslims and others owning our Tv networks or stations or other bussinesses in our democratic countries, it seems that it is OK to talk and show that murdering like 9/11 again would be Ok as that was a Tv show which was aired on Tv in the USA, and yet, we found no offence to that - at least, I did and still foind that film as a horrible movie that should not have been aired, but it was ! I guess too many persons pay lip-service kissing terroists instead of freedom for gays ? Is that irony ?

Au revoir,
hugs!

What do you think of that optom, seeing that the USA is becoming islamic in some ways unknown to many too ?