Author Topic: Kudos to Bravo for doing as they said with rpt. BBM !!!  (Read 67400 times)

Offline BayCityJohn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • BBM Foundation
Re: Bravo's version of BBM censored beyond belief, a joke
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2008, 11:33:04 pm »

What was actually cut from the SNIT?  The whole thing?  :o  If so, that's fucking bullshit, and it's discriminatory.  Bravo should be sued.

Everything after this shot was cut out.  They never even kissed.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2008, 11:40:45 pm »
Everything after this shot was cut out.  They never even kissed.

My point exactly. Thankyou for posting that.It was a deliberate move IMO to make TS2 look like just more sex.
The whole wonder and freedom of their time on BBM is lost ,and with it most of the whole tragedy of the story.No great love, born from their time on BBM, therefore no great tragedy.
It can't have been the kiss that worried them, because they left a much more graphic kiss in,ie the reunion one.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2008, 11:51:29 pm »
Well said optom !

Why such sensor, against our democratic values ?

Who was that sensor ?

Offline BayCityJohn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • BBM Foundation
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2008, 12:02:35 am »
This really bothers me.

All of the advertising I read for the broadcast was from GLAAD.

I'm not saying they had any knowledge of what would be edited, but it seems like they were taken advantage of.

Here's a quote from GLAAD:

Friday, June 27 is the television premiere of the 19th Annual GLAAD Media Awards on Bravo (7 PM ET/PT). This will be the first televised airing of the celebration on a fully distributed cable network. "Thanks to our partnership with Bravo, the GLAAD Media Awards will be available to over 84 million homes, giving people across the country a chance to celebrate these media images and their creators," says GLAAD President Neil G. Giuliano. "Our community has made such incredible strides toward equality because our stories have been told in fair, accurate and inclusive ways — from journalism to TV storylines to film. Bravo's acclaimed programming has already shown that TV can portray gay and transgender people fairly and accurately with amazing success." Following the GLAAD Media Awards, Bravo will televise the basic cable premiere of Brokeback Mountain (9 PM ET/PT).

That edit of the tent scene doesn't feel accurate or inclusive, and it sure as hell doesn't seem fair.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2008, 12:06:46 am »
So who was the censor BayCityJohn ?

Are we, free persons, going to be blind to that too ?

Offline BayCityJohn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • BBM Foundation
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2008, 12:09:41 am »
I don't know who the censor was, but if I find out you'll be the first to hear about it.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2008, 12:11:36 am »
WE must find out ?

And who the owners are too ?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2008, 12:13:22 am »
WWW II all over again, and most are blinded now again with Brokeback Mountain film being censored to-day ?

Where is the outcry ? ONLY optom and a few care ?

injest

« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2008, 12:31:06 am »
This really bothers me.

All of the advertising I read for the broadcast was from GLAAD.

I'm not saying they had any knowledge of what would be edited, but it seems like they were taken advantage of.

Here's a quote from GLAAD:

That edit of the tent scene doesn't feel accurate or inclusive, and it sure as hell doesn't seem fair.

but see to the "gay community" Brokeback Mountain wasn't accepted. They mocked it, remember? Remember at the SAG awards how Sean Hayes sneered at it? so for them it is not included in their lists of 'great gay movies'. They are thinking of 'Capote' and such....

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2008, 12:33:43 am »
BRAVO censored it. Fiona is quite accurate in what she just said. The tent scene was all hacked to hell, and yet the scene with Jack and Lureen in the backseat of the car was nearly fully intact. They all but cut out the tent scene (one of the most important scenes in the entire movie IMO). Once Ennis said to Jack "What are you doing" they cut to the OUTSIDE of the tent.

We stilll have a LONG WAY to go here in the good ole' USA. And BRAVO (a very pro gay channel) just once again proves this fact. ::) >:(

Yeah, I can't believe they left the scene with Lureen and Jack untouched while they cut the tent scenes!  Unbelievable.  I barely recognized my beloved Brokeback on Bravo last night!