Author Topic: Kudos to Bravo for doing as they said with rpt. BBM !!!  (Read 67830 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Bravo's version of BBM censored beyond belief, a joke
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2008, 01:15:42 am »
Instead of bitching, I seek the truth, and that way, try to fix things !

Whom is the censor, might help as a valid question ?

And the owner(s) why did they or it forced this censorship... is also valid ?

This way, we get to the bottom or near it maybe of the thruth, and avoid such censhorship next times ?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2008, 01:20:55 am »
And if that does NOT work, by fixing it, an example would be:

since I watch BRAVO regularly, I will assure you that I will boycott it now forever, if such BRAVO does not fix !

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2008, 01:24:32 am »
Well, maybe folks who did see the hack job version of BBM on Bravo, who might be interested in the film enough because of what they did see, will now go and rent/buy the DVD to see the movie in it's entirety.

Just tryin' to be positive here.  Perhaps it being broadcast on Bravo, even if edited, has at least helped it reach out to some more folks it normally wouldn't have...

:)

I still think they should be sued though....   >:(  :D

Offline Artiste

« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2008, 01:32:15 am »
Wishful thinking ?

Maybe, we will be more persons reading Bettermost.net now? And even get bashed too by some new comers ?

Did BRAVO ever present gay movies ?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2008, 01:40:40 am »
Wishful thinking ?

Maybe, we will be more persons reading Bettermost.net now? And even get bashed too by some new comers ?

Did BRAVO ever present gay movies ?

HUH?? ??? ???

Wishful thinking? Who said ANYTHING about wishful thinking Artiste? I really don't know what we can do about it, except to send BRAVO our emails expressing our displeasure. That's about it really. Isn't it?
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline BayCityJohn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • BBM Foundation
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2008, 01:57:53 am »
I'm too pissed off at Bravo to send them an email tonight, but I did fire one off to GLAAD.

I've never been more disappointed than I was last night.

After reading GLAAD's press releases for the Bravo broadcast of Brokeback Mountain on June 27, I was looking forward to watching it. I knew they would probably edit most of the 4 letter words and the sex scene in the tent, but I was shocked at what they did to the other tent scene.

This pivitol scene is one of the most romantic and beautiful scenes in the history of film, and they chose to delete most of it. There was no sex, no nudity, no swearing in the scene. So I have to ask why?

Why would Bravo show a gay movie but feel the need to censor the "gay stuff'? It's one of the most important scenes in the film, and it's deletion changes the whole dynamic of the film.

Why was it ok to leave in the graphic violence when Ennis gives Jack a black eye, or when Jack get's his face bashed with the tire iron, but not ok to show the two men falling in love?

I realize that GLAAD probably had no prior knowledge of what was going to be edited, but I just thought you should know that there are a lot of fans of the movie who are very upset with what appears to be, if not a return to "the love that dare not speak it's name", then a return to "the love that dare not show it's face".

This is supposed to be "accurate and inclusive" ? It sure as hell doesn't feel that way, and it doesn't feel fair either.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2008, 01:59:18 am »
I'm too pissed off at Bravo to send them an email tonight, but I did fire one off to GLAAD.

Oh! That's a good idea. I'll send one to GLAAD too. I didn't do it, but I will now! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2008, 02:02:25 am »
Way to go John!

Offline BayCityJohn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • BBM Foundation
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2008, 02:07:08 am »
I reported the Bravo broadcast as an incident here:

http://www.glaad.org/action/report.php

be sure to select "television' as the media type.

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2008, 02:07:27 am »
As I mentioned in my post 8 pages ago, all I watched of it was Jack and Lureen in the car through the reunion. I just read this whole thread, and a question occured to me. Why was it ok to show the entire reunion scene (kiss, nuzzle and all) but not the kiss in TS2? When I found it on TV and knew it was almost at the reunion, I really only kept watching out of curiosity for whether or not they would show the whole scene. They did, and I went to bed feeling pleased with Bravo. I didn't know about the butchering of TS2 till I came here. Why is one (long) kiss ok but another one isn't? I don't get it.