Author Topic: "I Put Lobster In Her Trunk" - Break-up Horror Stories  (Read 3755 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
"I Put Lobster In Her Trunk" - Break-up Horror Stories
« on: July 08, 2008, 11:45:02 pm »
From AOL:

Tsk, tsk. If you've heard any of the recent alleged details about Beatles star Paul McCartney's split from his wife Heather Mills, you might first be inclined to shake your head at the way they're treating each other. Between McCartney's reported decision to freeze their joint bank account and change the locks on their home to Mills' alleged attempt to break in by enlisting her security guard to scale the wall, one has to wonder: They loved each other once... why can't they just peacefully part ways?

Well, anyone who's ever loved and lost knows the answer to that question: Pretty much all of us have stooped to less-than-civilized behavior in the wake of a breakup. Dr. Gilda Carle, author of Don't Bet on the Prince! How to Have the Man You Want By Betting on Yourself, says some people may even slip into a type of temporary insanity due to a breakup-induced chemical imbalance in the body. "Endorphins -- feel-good chemicals that flood your body when you're in a new relationship -- are tremendously powerful," she explains. "And when they're suddenly taken away, you can go into withdrawal."

We're not saying the lovelorn shouldn't be held culpable for their actions. But maybe, just maybe, we should cut them a little slack. So if you yourself have ever caved and done something extreme, mean, or just plain bizarre after a split, don't worry--you are hardly alone. The true tales below from guilty parties (and a few on the receiving end of their antics) may just get you thinking "Thank god, at least I didn't do that!"

Put it in writing
"I'd been dating my guy Tony for a few months and had pretty much moved in with him. One weekend we had plans to go away to a bed and breakfast on Saturday morning. As we got up and I started the coffee, he said, 'Babe, this isn't working. I cancelled our reservation for the weekend. I'll go out for a run, and when I come back, you and your stuff needs to be gone.' Then he went out jogging. Something snapped, and after I packed my few belongings while leaving a trail of tears, I found a nice, fat indelible marker. I wrote 'Tony is a meanie' all over his good work shirts (he was in finance, and they were nice shirts...). Not very mature, but I figure, hey, he didn't break up with me in a mature way. I took pleasure in hearing from friends that he went ballistic when he saw my handiwork."
-- Michele, 41, Seattle

The smell of defeat
"I'd been courting Sarah for a while but she always came up with more and more hoops for me to jump through. She'd demand tickets to hot sports events, nights at clubs that were insanely hard to get into, and so forth. But I was crazy about her, and jump I did. Well, one weekend the deal was she wanted a lobster dinner for her and her girlfriends. I set it all up on the patio at my apartment complex and spent way too much money on the lobster and everything. Over dessert, she tells me she's not really feeling it with me, but what a lovely meal. I plastered a big smile on my face when I heard the news, but inside, something snapped. While she was enjoying the dessert, I scooped up all the starting-to-smell leftover lobster, shells and everything, put it in a nice little shopping back and then snuck it into the trunk of her Mercedes. I hope the 'you stink' message came through loud and clear when she discovered the surprise at some point in the following days."
-- Sam, 37, Baltimore

Cut the tension with a...
"We had a difficult relationship from the start, so when I broke up with her, I was kind of prepared for trouble. But not this kind of trouble: Turns out she had copied my keys without my knowledge, so I came home one night to find my ex sitting on my bed, naked, surrounded by every knife from my kitchen. Nervously I asked her to leave. Then she picked up one of the knives and flung it in my direction! It whizzed past my head and actually made a BOING noise as it thunked into the wall. She said, 'Omigod, I can't believe I did that!' and I said, 'Omigod, I can't believe you got it to stick in the door like that!' It broke the spell, and without another word, she sheepishly put on her clothes and left the building, never to be heard from again. Thank goodness!"
-- Ed, 38, Woodstock, NY

Snoop 'til you drop
"When my boyfriend of ten years broke up with me, yes, I went a bit nuts. Even though we co-owned our apartment, once he moved out I changed the locks and began digging through his things. I wrote down his social security number (for what? So I could apply for benefits?), hid his passport (again, why? So he couldn't flee the country?), went through his bank statements (why?!), and held his computer, clothes, and all of his possessions hostage. I'm amazed he didn't call the cops on me. Eventually he and I reached a truce and I allowed him to collect his things, and today, believe it or not, we're actually great pals. Maybe it's because I got all of my anger out of my system!"
-- Carrie, 36, New York City

Talk about a tearjerker
"When a guy named Tim dumped me unceremoniously, I convinced myself that he really did love me, he just needed to be convinced of that fact. So I went to work, literally, borrowing my company's video-editing equipment to compile a reel of the funniest breakup scenes from every movie I could think of. They were all there: Say Anything, Postcards from the Edge, The Single Guy (a particular classic)... just the heartbroken parts, snipped apart and then run together in what I hoped was a funny, charming plea for reconciliation. Funny and charming were two of the things he did not find it. Instead, he found it... psycho! And in retrospect, I must admit: It was a bit over the top. And misguided. And embarrassing. And the bottom line is, it didn't work. What a waste of time and energy!"
-- Amy, 39, San Francisco

Password payback
"I'd been with my girlfriend for almost seven years when she suddenly left me. I was sad for awhile, but then I found out she'd been cheating on me for a long time: That's when I really went nuts. She'd left her password on my computer, and I quickly found out it was her password to everything. So I logged onto her work account and deleted all her emails, her files, and anything else I could find. She could never prove it was me, though she did call me in a frenzy to ask if I'd done it. At that moment, I suddenly realized that hmm, it was a little crazy. But I honestly think I'd do it all again in a heartbeat."
-- Bryan, 28, Los Angeles

Amy Keyishian has written for Cosmopolitan, Maxim, and other publications.

http://personals.aol.com/articles/2008/07/01/breakups-gone-bad/?icid=200100397x1205405434x1200254122

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

Re: "I Put Lobster In Her Trunk" - Break-up Horror Stories
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 11:52:55 pm »
 :laugh: :laugh:

those are TERRIBLE!!

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 12:12:11 am »
Interesting article, David!

Most of my break-ups -- I have been the break-ee. A few -- I have been the break-er. Can't recall any pranks such as these. My break-ups weren't as abrupt or as mean as some of those tho -- especially the first two up there. And EEEK!! -- the one with the naked girl surrounded by knives - freaky!!

I guess I've been a little sarcastic to old boyfriends at times. But that's about it. I'd speak to most of them if we ran into each other. There is one guy I don't speak to -- we were friends for a very, very long time when we went out for a short time. It was not good to do that in this case. Now when we see each other in social situations, we ignore each other. Long story.

Anyone have a break up story?
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 12:17:46 am »
Interesting article, David!

Most of my break-ups -- I have been the break-ee. A few -- I have been the break-er. Can't recall any pranks such as these. My break-ups weren't as abrupt or as mean as some of those tho -- especially the first two up there. And EEEK!! -- the one with the naked girl surrounded by knives - freaky!!

I guess I've been a little sarcastic to old boyfriends at times. But that's about it. I'd speak to most of them if we ran into each other. There is one guy I don't speak to -- we were friends for a very, very long time when we went out for a short time. It was not good to do that in this case. Now when we see each other in social situations, we ignore each other. Long story.

Anyone have a break up story?

:-X  :-X

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 05:37:53 pm »
yeah, tell!

I've been the brokeee once and broke-er once. Calluym was my third serious relationship.

No scary story tho....

But isn't it always the way you look hellish when you see them.

Me & cal were in Asda on Monday gettiong some bits and pieces for the musical festival we're off too on Friday for 4 days (actually mostly drink!) we both looked like shit and who did I bloddy run into - MY EX! Bah!!!

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 05:57:23 pm »
>:( That's really a bummer, Kelda!!  But that's what usually happens -- if you'd been all dolled up, you wouldn't have seen him.  :P 8) Did you talk to him?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 05:59:06 pm »
Yeah he said hello - he was working (hes a postie & was going into asda to the postbox) as we were coming out...

I have been out in his company and have been dolled up but I looked a total state on Monday!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/