Author Topic: Okay, try this:  (Read 43105 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Okay, thry this:
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 08:46:40 pm »
:laugh:  I'm not sure it would be a bestseller but it sure gave me a laugh!

Marie

I totally agree with you Marie! Not exactly the most "readable" four paragraphs, but a very good laugh all the same! :laugh:

Thanks for piecing it all together for us Jess! :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2008, 08:52:05 pm »
Here's another one. The first one I quoted earlier was from the book "Devices and Desires" by P.D. James. I have two books sitting here, and I decided to quote the P.D. James book because it was on top. This next one is from "Long After Midnight" by Iris Johansen:

"Bitch."

(I'm going to type the next sentence too, because "Bitch" really isn't a complete sentence, is it?)

"The snarl came from the gray-haired woman from whom Kate had taken the sign."

injest

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 08:55:00 pm »
"They knew Umialik had chosen Qayaq to be his son-in-law and that Umialik would not hunt anymore that day. The band of soldiers calling themselves the Green Mountain Boys took their name from the Green Mountains of which present-day state. I was sure that when she stepped upon the stage it would be like putting a match to the wick, and I would flare up, golden and incandescent but somehow painfully and shamefully bright; and my family and my beau would shrink away from me, appalled.By the time someone came around he had drowned in his own blood. Nearby was the Brest railway with its engine depots, warehouses, and lodgings for the employees. If there are any dangers Over There - well, it would be a pity to arrive a moment too late.

Debit risk exposure is created as the debit is subject to the right of return of the paying bank, meaning that the paying bank has the right not to honor an ACH debit. Third parties advised under this subsection are required to keep the existence of a supervision confidential.

Or was it that the kitchen reminded Dalgliesh of that rectory kitchen where the lonely only child had found warmth and undemanding, uncensorious companionship, been given hot dripping toast and small forbidden treats? The Germans blockaded the city for 900 days, and almost a million citizens perished. 

These muscle groups have the task, among others, of closing the legs. She arrives, seeks out a suitable challenge for her talents, throws herself into that adventure, and then moves on. "I have read how animals react hysterically, sometimes even violently,in the event of imperfect offspring"

"Bitch."  The snarl came from the gray-haired woman from whom Kate had taken the sign.

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2008, 09:25:27 am »
"The township is a sector or district of a city large enough to support in principle a full range of local facilities and a good level of employment opportunities."

Stop yawning.

And be thankful you don't have to work here. ;)
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2008, 09:36:14 am »
"Later, Pissarro came to know Reclus at a time of political turmoil in France in the 1890s, but he was almost certainly aware of his published work before then."

Great idea for a thread! 8)

And, hi Saucy!  Great to see you Bud!  I'm at work too... thus the sort of strange sentence I'm quoting here for my contribution to the thread.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2008, 12:43:46 pm »
"I can only assume that if the hearing defect persisted the following year, the examining physician overlooked it."
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline BelAir

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2008, 02:16:37 pm »
Here's another one. The first one I quoted earlier was from the book "Devices and Desires" by P.D. James. I have two books sitting here, and I decided to quote the P.D. James book because it was on top. This next one is from "Long After Midnight" by Iris Johansen:

"Bitch."

(I'm going to type the next sentence too, because "Bitch" really isn't a complete sentence, is it?)

"The snarl came from the gray-haired woman from whom Kate had taken the sign."

omg! - you read Iris Johansen novels?  what do you think of them?  (I'll confess they are a secret luxurious pleasure of mine, though I don't think they are particularly well written, lol)

or was it a novel your sister left at your house or somethin?

;)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline BelAir

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2008, 02:20:21 pm »
"I can only assume that if the hearing defect persisted the following year, the examining physician overlooked it."

Shasta what is that from??  (I feel like I've read it recently, something from the new yorker maybe?)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2008, 03:29:23 pm »
"One sign of the prosperity of that industry and that era was that the average down payment on a local home had risen to $500.00"

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2008, 03:46:56 pm »
omg! - you read Iris Johansen novels?  what do you think of them?  (I'll confess they are a secret luxurious pleasure of mine, though I don't think they are particularly well written, lol)

or was it a novel your sister left at your house or somethin?

;)

Nope! I bought the book. Actually Long After Midnight is the only Iris Johansen novel I've read. I've read it THREE times! I'm a big P.D. James fan though - Devices and Desires, Original Sin and The Skull Beneath The Skin, just to name a few. :D

Do you have some favorite Iris Johansen novels to recommend?

"The township is a sector or district of a city large enough to support in principle a full range of local facilities and a good level of employment opportunities."

Stop yawning.

And be thankful you don't have to work here. ;)

NICKY!!!!! :-* :-*

I've missed you SO MUCH!! It's nice to see you here! :D