Author Topic: Mamma Mia!  (Read 15993 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Mamma Mia!
« on: July 11, 2008, 09:32:19 pm »
Most of us have seen the musical performed on stage. Some of us have seen the stage version of the musical more than a dozen times! *blush*

Now the famous ABBA musical starring Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth and Dominic Cooper is coming to a theater near you. Do you plan to see the movie version of Mamma Mia? :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Mamma Mia!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 10:00:55 pm »
It looks fun and fluffy.

Have no real interest in seeing Meryl Streep try to sing or a rehash take of the movie "Buona Sera, Mrs. Campbell", but the locations and Pierce Brosnan will be worth the price of admission alone.

I've been recently daydreaming and looking for homes to buy in the Greek Islands. *sigh*

(they're extremely affordable, BTW)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 10:23:20 pm »
Worth it just for Mr, Brosnan himself. Until Heath he was top of my list,I have lost count of how many times I watched the Thomas Crowne affair. Those eyes, that accent.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 10:53:13 pm »
I had to go with "Not Sure" because I'm "not sure" I'll have an opportunity to see it on screen, but I'd like to see it. I've never seen it on stage. A friend who works in a theater where a road company played told me the show was a lot better than he was expecting.  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 01:43:59 pm »
I CANNOT wait to see Mamma Mia - we're going to see it as a big group for part of my best friends hen weekend.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline BelAir

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 04:29:43 pm »
I would like to see it... but NOT SURE I'll see it on the big screen...

If it gets rave reviews I'll probably make the effort to go... if there's not much buzz, I'll probably wait for DVD...

:)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 06:42:54 pm »
Funny you should ask, David!  I just found out yesterday that I guess I will be going to see this.  My younger sister is a big fan of the stage version and she's planning a girls night out centered around the movie as soon as she gets back from vacation in a couple weeks.  I've heard of "Mamma Mia" of course, but didn't know a lot about it. But when she told me Colin Firth was in it, that was all I needed to know!   :laugh:

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 07:20:18 pm »
You bet I'm going to see it! It's gotten great reviews here, and more than that - several of my friends have seen it already and they are simply gushing and squeeing about what great good fun it was. How well Meryl Streep did. How the music made them grin and hum and nearly dance in the aisles. How all the actors looked like they had jolly fun, making the film. How the locations were simply beautiful :) So yep, I'll be seeing it asap!!  :)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 08:31:04 pm »

I will absolutely  be seeing it!  :D

I love Abba and will primarily be going so I can hear their wonderful songs on a big, cinema sound system.  ;D

Abba was enormously popular here in Australia in the 1970s.  8)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 08:52:16 pm »
Funny you should ask, David!  I just found out yesterday that I guess I will be going to see this.  My younger sister is a big fan of the stage version and she's planning a girls night out centered around the movie as soon as she gets back from vacation in a couple weeks.  I've heard of "Mamma Mia" of course, but didn't know a lot about it. But when she told me Colin Firth was in it, that was all I needed to know!   :laugh:

Marie

I'm so glad to hear you'll be going to see it Marie! You'll LOVE it! I haven't seen the movie yet obviously, so I'm hoping it's good, but I absolutely loved the stage musical. I'd need about 4 hands to count the number of times I went to see it! ;) :D

I will absolutely  be seeing it!  :D

I love Abba and will primarily be going so I can hear their wonderful songs on a big, cinema sound system.  ;D

Abba was enormously popular here in Australia in the 1970s.  8)

Abba was extremely popular here in the US back in the 1970's too Kerry. Their music always brings back lots and lots of happy memories for me. It's amazing how music can do that. When I listen to all those favorite childhood songs of mine, it's almost as if I stepped into a time machine. Abba was one of my favorite groups back then. :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.