Author Topic: How do you end the "First Date"  (Read 11468 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: How do you end the "First Date"
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 03:48:28 pm »
you'll be fine Matt - the conversation will come naturally i'm sure
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 05:00:36 pm »
With the distinct prospect of a first date looming in the near future I am wondering how you guys end the first date and what the heck do you guys say?

Heres some "lines" I came up with, but what they mean is purely my conjecture, so what's your takes are on the meanings.

"Its been nice meeting you" 
                            I can’t get away from you quick enough!!

"Its been great meeting you"
                           Its  been okay but we don’t do it again!

"Hey I really have enjoyed tonight"
      Okay I like you but what next?

"What time do you go to work tomorrow"
   Could be something here but lets see what happens in bed
                 :o
"I might take a day off work tomorrow"
   I think I can see more than a one nighter here
                 ;)

So what do you reckon???
I know this was meant to be in jest but, jeez, these are so impersonal! Whatever you say, it should tie in to something you two talked about or did during the evening. Like "I would really like to get to know you better. Let's go ...(snowshoing, birdwatching, to the movies, for a walk, reading by the fire, off to Cancun, antiquing, to church, out to dinner...)" If nothing he or you said comes to mind, say something like, "It's been real nice. See you around sometime" then put out your hand and shake his goodbye forever.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 07:12:12 am »
I know this was meant to be in jest but, jeez, these are so impersonal! Whatever you say, it should tie in to something you two talked about or did during the evening. Like "I would really like to get to know you better. Let's go ...(snowshoing, birdwatching, to the movies, for a walk, reading by the fire, off to Cancun, antiquing, to church, out to dinner...)" If nothing he or you said comes to mind, say something like, "It's been real nice. See you around sometime" then put out your hand and shake his goodbye forever.

Hey thanks I like the idea about saying something that ties in with what we talked about during the evening. Oh well I'm going to meet the guy tomorrow night for coffee, so I'll let ya all know what the line was!!!

Thanks heaps

injest

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 07:49:31 am »
Hey thanks I like the idea about saying something that ties in with what we talked about during the evening. Oh well I'm going to meet the guy tomorrow night for coffee, so I'll let ya all know what the line was!!!

Thanks heaps

that IS good advice (including the part where if you can't think of anything that you two shared an interest in, shake his hand goodbye!  ;) )

There is no reason to stretch it out if you dont' have anything in common.

Good luck, I hope you have fun no matter the outcome!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 10:27:20 am »
Hey there, Matt!

I hope you have a good time on your date!  Let us know how it goes.

Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline ZK

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 09:15:37 am »
Well the first date has been and gone. Hes a really nice guy and I had a good time. At the end of the evening I told him basically I had to go cause I had work in the morning (and seriously I was thinking about all the advice you guys had given me), but then at the door he said he'd like to cook me dinner on my next day off, (did I tell ya he is renowned chef here) so I told him I'd like that!!  and that was about it. Phew I am pleased that its over and now I can get wound up about date number two. So how should I end date number two??? :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 09:25:11 am »
I am pleased that its over and now I can get wound up about date number two. So how should I end date number two??? :laugh: :laugh:

I would say on date number two, if you are so inclined, it might be okay to kiss good night.

(Where is my needlepoint?)  ;D

Way to go Matt!  ;)
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline BelAir

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 02:17:48 pm »
Well the first date has been and gone. Hes a really nice guy and I had a good time. At the end of the evening I told him basically I had to go cause I had work in the morning (and seriously I was thinking about all the advice you guys had given me), but then at the door he said he'd like to cook me dinner on my next day off, (did I tell ya he is renowned chef here) so I told him I'd like that!!  and that was about it. Phew I am pleased that its over and now I can get wound up about date number two. So how should I end date number two??? :laugh: :laugh:

That's great that everything went so well!  Hopefully date number two will work out just as well!
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

injest

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 06:54:53 pm »
I would say on date number two, if you are so inclined, it might be okay to kiss good night.

(Where is my needlepoint?)  ;D

Way to go Matt!  ;)

HEY!! that was MY line!!!

:laugh: :laugh:

injest

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 06:55:37 pm »
Good job, Matt!

I am so glad it went well!