Author Topic: Ted & Lisa's Excellent Adventure (The Jake Visit Report)  (Read 12303 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Ted & Lisa's Excellent Adventure (The Jake Visit Report)
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 03:54:17 pm »
I would love to read the story but I have a problem. I'm a registered LiveJournel member but I'm afraid to ask to be a part Ted and Lisa's friend list. I'm not sure that they would want to accept my invite. ???

They will. They added me to their friend's list, too - and they clearly have no idea who I am.

If they see someone requests to be added, they will add them. I guess they just assume the people who are asking have the link from some Brokie websites and therefore are Brokies.

Go over to LJ and ask, no need to be shy.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 05:04:13 pm »
well I dont know them - and they added me!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2008, 07:54:41 pm »

When I was at Target last weekend I bought a cool new t-shirt (which I wore to work today... it's the kind of t-shirt that can be made sort of dressy based on the pants it's paired with).  And, I most definitely was thinking of Jake and this lunch encounter when I bought it!
 ;D

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2008, 08:00:41 pm »
Its a bit of a shame that its not so straighforward to read about the adventure with Jake.

I know, I left it for a week or so, before I went to the trouble of joining live journal and then asking to be friended. I wonder how many others, cant be bothered, and are missing out on reading it.

My advice to everyone is, DO IT....its not that complicated, and the story is so so worth it. I havent got it out of my mind since I read it........
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Katie77

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2008, 08:03:04 pm »
And Amanda.......now we all know Jake wears Target tee shirts, It is more than ok for us all to wear them too........

(actually, I have often bought clothes from Target......they are just as good as from anywhere else)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 08:10:31 pm »
Well, I should have elaborated... I was at Target to get a bunch of household errand-type stuff (like dish soap) and I really wasn't in need of or in the market for clothing at the moment.  But, when I passed the clothing racks I had an overwhelming urge to buy a t-shirt... primarily with this interview in mind.  And, I didn't know that Jake shops at Target before this lunch conversation was reported. I don't usually make a point of following his shopping habits.  But, I do like when weird, random things can all of a sudden become Brokie things.  Like simple Target t-shirts.

I know Target is cool.  I shop there all the time.

Anyhoo... I agree that it's well worth the effort to deal with LiveJournal and the friending procedure in order to read this.  It's definitely a great thing to read as a Brokie.  For anyone who reads fan fiction, this "friending" ritual is more or less routine compared to folks who may not be so familiar with LiveJournal's somewhat obscure ways.  I've always found LiveJournal to be really pretty bad in the "user friendly" department.  But, I also commend Lisa and Ted for trying to keep this encounter relatively private and amongst a small-ish circle of Brokies.  I'm sure Jake would appreciate that kind of consideration.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 09:54:25 pm by atz75 »

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 09:42:38 pm »
I registered on LJ and friended them, and I don't even know them on here, let alone on LJ! But they accepted my request right away, and I absolutely loved reading that. Ted and Lisa, if you are reading this, thank you so much for telling us about your meeting in so much detail. And for asking that question about Heath. I think that was handled very well. Thanks again!  :)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 09:57:13 pm »
And for asking that question about Heath. I think that was handled very well. Thanks again!  :)

I agree, and I think their observation that he continually used the present tense was just heartwrenching.  :'(

Offline Katie77

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 10:00:30 pm »
By the way.........Is there any posts or live journal, that explains, how Ted and Lisa came about organising or being able to have the visit with Jake??

I picked up in what I read, that they had won some kind of auction, and something Jake mentioned about them donating a lot of money to a charity, but dont know where all the information is on all that.

Does anyone know???

Whatever it was, they were sure taken care of very respectfully and courteously by Jake's assistant, and the filming crew, and of course Jake, he was wonderful with them.

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2008, 12:34:07 am »
Well................................if you guys say so, uh, I'll try. Wish me luck, ya'll. ???