Author Topic: Things that bring it all back  (Read 2249 times)

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
Things that bring it all back
« on: July 19, 2008, 09:09:56 am »
Yesterday I was doing some work on my forum, including setting up our discussion topic for the week (it's a medical support forum, but we have a debating area where we debate current issues, partly as a break from endless discussions about how ill everyone's feeling). It's a couple of days early - usually I change the topic on a Saturday or a Sunday, but as I've another site I need to be working on this weekend, I wanted to get all my forum maintenance out of the way so I've got a clear weekend.

This week's topic is knife-crime. It's been a particular issue here in the UK, especially in London with something like 20 young people killed in knife attacks that have hit the news this year already. I was looking around on the stock.xchng photography site for some photos to illustrate the topic with - like here I use the news board on the front page to highlight particular threads, and I wanted some pictures to do a bit of a montage with.

This was what I eventually came up with:

...but while I was searching, alsorts of photos were coming up in the search results that weren't really related to what I wanted at all.

As soon as I saw this one though, it struck a chord, and I imagined Ennis visiting Jack's grave at Lightning Flat. I'd been busy working on the forum all day, and I'd not particularly thought about Brokeback, but after I saw this photo I kept going back to it again and again and the scene where Ennis phones Lureen and then the flashback kept playing over and over in my head...

It's called "When a cowboy dies"....

When a cowboy dies ~ (c) eqphotolog | stock.xchng

Jack, I swear...

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Things that bring it all back
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 10:05:21 am »
What a great picture -- "When a Cowboy Dies".
Thanks for posting.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 11:48:28 am »
What a lovely picture, and isn't it odd how BBM keeps cropping up, even when you are not acively looking for it.

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 01:36:44 pm »
I love how it's in silhouette and could be anyone. As soon as I saw it though it just was Ennis.

Even the horse looks sombre and sad. It's a damn near perfect picture.

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."